HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: Jokinen to Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 08:49 AM
donelikedinner

vCash: 500
Proposal: Jokinen to Flyers

since the flyers might need a center if JR doesn't heal up in time, how about:

Jokinen for Boyd Kane and a 2nd rounder this year? maybe another pick to even up?

just a thought so flame away.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
since the flyers might need a center if JR doesn't heal up in time, how about:

Jokinen for Boyd Kane and a 2nd rounder this year? maybe another pick to even up?

just a thought so flame away.

Cats will want more. Not gonna flame ya though.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:48 AM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Cats will want more. Not gonna flame ya though.
How magnanimous of you! :-)

I agree. An AHL player and a second-round draft pick seems rather think for a young, up-and-coming player like Jokinen.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:10 AM
VaFlyer

I have said it and argued all along that Jokinen is one guy I would be willing to move some youth for. He is "young" himself at only 25 and has already established himself in the league. He also is a guy who knows how to play under a task master, much like Hitch, because his game rounded out while playing under Keenan. Up until that time he was considered much of a bust.

It is sort of funny when you think of it this way. You think Clarke is bad, how about Milbury??

24-Jun-00: New York Islanders traded Olli Jokien and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

How bad of a trade was that?? Okay, anyway. I think I would be willing to move maybe Richards and another prospect or pick. I am even more likely to do it if Roenick is retiring.

At that point we would still have a roster spot for 1 center for Carter, the year after next.

2004/2005
Jokinen
Handzus (only 26 right now)
Primeau
Sharp

2005/2006
Jokinen
Handzus
Carter
Primeau

Still look pretty solid down the middle. Richards could move to wing as could Sharp, if we decide not to move him, but I wouldn't mind finding Roenick's replacement moving some youth in an area that we would immediately replace.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Fire Bobby Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
I have said it and argued all along that Jokinen is one guy I would be willing to move some youth for. He is "young" himself at only 25 and has already established himself in the league. He also is a guy who knows how to play under a task master, much like Hitch, because his game rounded out while playing under Keenan. Up until that time he was considered much of a bust.

It is sort of funny when you think of it this way. You think Clarke is bad, how about Milbury??
24-Jun-00: New York Islanders traded Olli Jokien and Roberto Luongo to the Florida Panthers for Mark Parrish and Oleg Kvasha.

How bad of a trade was that?? Okay, anyway. I think I would be willing to move maybe Richards and another prospect or pick. I am even more likely to do it if Roenick is retiring.

At that point we would still have a roster spot for 1 center for Carter, the year after next.

2004/2005
Jokinen
Handzus (only 26 right now)
Primeau
Sharp

2005/2006
Jokinen
Handzus
Carter
Primeau

Still look pretty solid down the middle. Richards could move to wing as could Sharp, if we decide not to move him, but I wouldn't mind finding Roenick's replacement moving some youth in an area that we would immediately replace.
As much as I hate Clarke, he is a far better GM then Mad Mike. I still ponder how this guy keeps his job.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:08 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer

How bad of a trade was that??
Was it considered lopsided at the time. Obviously now, with the talent of both these guys, it looks insane, but if it was really so nuts at the time, don't you think they would have ended up on better hockey club?

Any trade can look nuts when you look back at it... just look at the original Lindros deal

Closed Thread