HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Emery and Bertuzzi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2008, 06:12 AM
  #51
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I'm having a hard time deciphering whether this is sarcasm or not. Please tell me it is.

I have this mental image of that neo-nazi from Falling Down. "...and they'll spit in yer burgers if you're not nice to them. I know, see?"
He's not being sarcastic. SensFanDan has listed those things out before and basically treats each incident virtually equally as a crime against humanity.

Of course, he also forgot that Emery:
- slashed water bottles at practice
- drove a ski-doo to the rink

That's why some people only vaguely refer to "all the bad stuff" Emery has done, because most of it is stupid crap only worthy of being discussed by a bunch of old ladies in a hair salon.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:25 AM
  #52
kyle747
Registered User
 
kyle747's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
He's not being sarcastic. SensFanDan has listed those things out before and basically treats each incident virtually equally as a crime against humanity.

Of course, he also forgot that Emery:
- slashed water bottles at practice
- drove a ski-doo to the rink

That's why some people only vaguely refer to "all the bad stuff" Emery has done, because most of it is stupid crap only worthy of being discussed by a bunch of old ladies in a hair salon.
Emery is a bad NHL player.

He wouldn't show up on time for practice, was always the first player off the ice, has admitted he has personal issues. And has a drinking problem.

Those aren't crimes, but he also wasn't so good at stopping the puck last year either. When you have a goalie supposedly fighting for the number one job who can't make practice on time - who needs that ?

His NHL career is over.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:52 AM
  #53
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Emery is a bad NHL player.

He wouldn't show up on time for practice, was always the first player off the ice, has admitted he has personal issues. And has a drinking problem.

Those aren't crimes, but he also wasn't so good at stopping the puck last year either. When you have a goalie supposedly fighting for the number one job who can't make practice on time - who needs that ?

His NHL career is over.
well you got me convinced.. I say we take him out and string him up

I mean all those DEEP SERIOUS reasons you listed.. and the fact that he had a bad year in net.... UNPRESIDENTED I mean have you EVER heard of ANY player EVER having a year like that? I say we kick him out!

we don't need "his kind" in the league

he's just a cancer

what an "attitude problem"!

I mean the lateness, the unsubtantiated drinking problem, the hummer... what good ol' NHL player has THOSE issues

they need to get him out and get one of our good ol' boys in that net... oh wait... there is one back in ottawa! I almost forgot GERBERS back there! YAAY! now there's a guy you know will NEVER get in trouble like that. Nice clean boys like him don't do that nasty rap stuff and hang with snoop...

hanging with snoop.. you know that means he must do weed FOR SURE!

what? he only met snoop for a few minutes to present him a sens jersey?

see! THEY'RE PRACTICALLY MARRIED!

oh and that hummer! You know what kind of guys drive hummers right? And how DARE he have one? I mean.. I drive a YUGO.. what makes him good enough for a hummer?

he must be on drugs... I mean did you see all his pics last year? hear all his interviews? did you hear him just BASHING away at his teammates? calling them names? dissing his GM and fans! disgraceful! A good old.. natural canadian boy (and you know what I mean) would NEVER do that.

Just look around the league.. was ANYBODY as horribly behaved? Heck has ANYONE in HISTORY been that awful?

"his kind" should never be allowed to play hockey. ooh I'm sooo glad he'll be out of hockey for good now.. I can just feel it.. I'm sitting here in my moms basement MENTALLY thinking it, so I know its gonna happen..

now excuse me I've got to get back to my job at seven-eleven

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:53 AM
  #54
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Emery is a bad NHL player.

He wouldn't show up on time for practice, was always the first player off the ice, has admitted he has personal issues. And has a drinking problem.

Those aren't crimes, but he also wasn't so good at stopping the puck last year either. When you have a goalie supposedly fighting for the number one job who can't make practice on time - who needs that ?

His NHL career is over.
Are you saying that constantly harping about eating a cockroach, getting a tatoo, dying his hair, slashing water bottles, wearing fancy clothes, driving fancy cars, driving the ski-doo to the rink, wearing the Tyson mask and posing with Snoop Dogg are valid arguments that should constantly be trotted out against his character... or are they things that only old ladies in hair salons with no jobs and no lives should concern themselves with?

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:06 AM
  #55
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Are you saying that constantly harping about eating a cockroach, getting a tatoo, dying his hair, slashing water bottles, wearing fancy clothes, driving fancy cars, driving the ski-doo to the rink, wearing the Tyson mask and posing with Snoop Dogg are valid arguments that should constantly be trotted out against his character... or are they things that only old ladies in hair salons with no jobs and no lives should concern themselves with?
and this is the substance that most sens fans on their board will argue with... Forget that there are rumours out of their own board that chris neil is perhaps the biggest ***** distrurber on that team and has bothered the most teammates during practice (ray's just the only one that won't take that crap and fight back instantly)

Forget that spezza had issues with the old coach and with the new coaches and gm's regarding his hustle, game play and effort level..

forget that a couple of the teams highest paid players are known to be big party animals..

forget that he wasn't even the ONLY player ever to be late on the sens


You won't get a decent argument from a sens fan beyond the crap that the press heaped on the kid. A kid who quietly took it all and never badmouthed the press or his team..

challenge any sens fan to find you ONE NEGATIVE QUOTE by emery about a teammate, team official or fan... ONE! yet they attack the kid with a vengence I've never seen. Lalime with his shakiness NEVER had this much venom thrown at him.

Yet will they OPENLY say what it is about him that TRULY bothers them? nope.. instead you'll get hints like, RAP MUSIC, MIKE TYSON MASK, COCKROACHES, ... oh and DRUG issues... (find me one quote, report, arrest record, picture or investigation that backs this up, yet they repeat it like its a fact)

pathetic

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:07 AM
  #56
Bill_Crosby
Registered User
 
Bill_Crosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
What's wrong with those things?

I mean I must say I'm puzzled. You throw aside accusations of child **** on Gilmour like it's nothing, but then you're outraged at Emery for getting a tattoo?
Well for one, Gilmour was sued civilly and never had formal charges pressed on him for the incident. His subsequent behaviour has been nothing short of a model citizen, which would lead one to draw the conclusion it was either a bad misunderstanding or someone was looking for a payday.

Emery, on the other hand, has always acted like a pompous dirt bag. And when someone calls him out on it, he plays the race card. I recall him saying one of the reasons why the police stop him so often is because he is black. He is hardly to be blamed for that attitude however, but viewing the world through a set of "racist tinted glasses" has obviously warped his mind. I'm not trying to be facetious but it must be hard when one views most things in society as being racist when there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it is and, if anything, it suffers from a bad case of xenophilia.

Maybe if he humbles himself and accepts the world is not a vast network "racists" out to get him, he can go on and have a good career because it's obvious the talent is there.

Bill_Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:13 AM
  #57
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
Emery, on the other hand, has always acted like a pompous dirt bag. And when someone calls him out on it, he plays the race card. I recall him saying one of the reasons why the police stop him so often is because he is black.
I recall him saying that when cops look up his plate as he goes by that it comes up as a dealer plate. That's enough to get pulled for a young, black man in an expensive vehicle.
And cops have been known to look up plates for any reason... ie: hot girl in a car. They don't have to stop anybody to do it and may find expired info as a result.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:18 AM
  #58
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
Well for one, Gilmour was sued civilly and never had formal charges pressed on him for the incident. His subsequent behaviour has been nothing short of a model citizen, which would lead one to draw the conclusion it was either a bad misunderstanding or someone was looking for a payday.

Emery, on the other hand, has always acted like a pompous dirt bag. And when someone calls him out on it, he plays the race card. I recall him saying one of the reasons why the police stop him so often is because he is black. He is hardly to be blamed for that attitude however, but viewing the world through a set of "racist tinted glasses" has obviously warped his mind. I'm not trying to be facetious but it must be hard when one views most things in society as being racist when there is absolutely no evidence to suggest it is and, if anything, it suffers from a bad case of xenophilia.

Maybe if he humbles himself and accepts the world is not a vast network "racists" out to get him, he can go on and have a good career because it's obvious the talent is there.

he! he! hee! Don't forget to clean that shovel when you're done.


and this same doug gilmour also kicked the poor woman who stood by him through the child molestation accusations, to the curb and married some hot model...

oh yeah, when I think model citizen .. I think doug gilmour... At least he's not sheldon souray the wife beater

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=141061

not that, that bothers you as much as emery's hanging out with snoop doug,.. after all I'm sure she had it coming right?

oh and would you care to provide a quote for your claim that emery himself said he was being stopped for being black... or is that one of the many facts you were able to convince yourself were true while chilling in moms basement?

oh and did anybody else catch this?

Quote:
Maybe if he humbles himself
y'mean mike maurice richard, sergei fedorov, mario lemeiux etc... all good ol' humble boys.

the funny thing is you're not the first hayseed to bring this up.. I just wonder why so many good ol' boys are obsessed with ray "humbling" himself before you before letting him back in your oh so vaunted good graces. Are we to assume that EVERY OTHER NHL PLAYER out there is a vertiable defintion of humility? (Sean avery for example:- talk about someone with a proclivity for the nightlife, team disunity and partying) yet sen fan after sen fan foamed at the mouth at the chance of acquiring him....

ha!


Last edited by the_speedster: 07-06-2008 at 09:43 AM.
the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 10:10 AM
  #59
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
Ummm Hedberg?
He's an unrestricted free agent.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 10:12 AM
  #60
Greek_physique
Caron..Jordan Caron!
 
Greek_physique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Ont
Country: Greece
Posts: 17,963
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
He's an unrestricted free agent.

He re-signed with ATL.
http://thrashers.nhl.com/team/app?ar...e&service=page

__________________
-Nikos
Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  #61
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Crosby View Post
Well for one, Gilmour was sued civilly and never had formal charges pressed on him for the incident. His subsequent behaviour has been nothing short of a model citizen, which would lead one to draw the conclusion it was either a bad misunderstanding or someone was looking for a payday.
Or you simply don't really know what you are talking about, and as a result you are glossing over and misreporting a rather disturbing incident.

Doug Gilmour *did* have a formal charges brought against him in Missouri, and those charges were strangely dropped shortly there after. There was much speculation that the charges were dropped due to a financial agreement. The St. Louis Blues had little interest in seeing how it all played out and put Gilmour up for trade right away. The Flames acquired Gilmour, but they themselves shipped him out when the civil suit materialized. The civil suit came about after the payments that were promised never materialized.

You're "model citizen" was traded twice in his career due to an incident where he had sex with his daughter's babysitter. Charming.

Once he arrived in Toronto, a city's whos hockey coverage dwarfed St. Louis and Calgary, Gilmour quickly showed that he had learned nothing from his experiences. Within weeks of his acquisition, Gilmour had begun dating one of the usherettes in Maple Leaf Gardens. She was 16 years old.

Bob Stellick, the former PR guy for the Leafs begged Gilmour to keep a low profile on the relationship - or to reconsider it altogether - but again, Gilmour ignored the advice. He continued to date his teen-aged girlfriend, and during his second season in Toronto, when Gilmour was full-on local hero - it was made public he was dating "an usherette" at the Gardens, though her age was never revealed. Gilmour, however, made very public appearances with her, including pulling up to her highschool on his Harley Davidson to pick her up. Gilmour, at a Toronto highschool, is like the Beatles arriving at the peak of the powers. Not exactly subtle.

When she turned 19, Gilmour married her.

Not exactly a model citizen.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
  #62
the_speedster
Registered User
 
the_speedster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Or you simply don't really know what you are talking about, and as a result you are glossing over and misreporting a rather disturbing incident.

Doug Gilmour *did* have a formal charges brought against him in Missouri, and those charges were strangely dropped shortly there after. There was much speculation that the charges were dropped due to a financial agreement. The St. Louis Blues had little interest in seeing how it all played out and put Gilmour up for trade right away. The Flames acquired Gilmour, but they themselves shipped him out when the civil suit materialized. The civil suit came about after the payments that were promised never materialized.

You're "model citizen" was traded twice in his career due to an incident where he had sex with his daughter's babysitter. Charming.

Once he arrived in Toronto, a city's whos hockey coverage dwarfed St. Louis and Calgary, Gilmour quickly showed that he had learned nothing from his experiences. Within weeks of his acquisition, Gilmour had begun dating one of the usherettes in Maple Leaf Gardens. She was 16 years old.

Bob Stellick, the former PR guy for the Leafs begged Gilmour to keep a low profile on the relationship - or to reconsider it altogether - but again, Gilmour ignored the advice. He continued to date his teen-aged girlfriend, and during his second season in Toronto, when Gilmour was full-on local hero - it was made public he was dating "an usherette" at the Gardens, though her age was never revealed. Gilmour, however, made very public appearances with her, including pulling up to her highschool on his Harley Davidson to pick her up. Gilmour, at a Toronto highschool, is like the Beatles arriving at the peak of the powers. Not exactly subtle.

When she turned 19, Gilmour married her.

Not exactly a model citizen.
can you say R-kelly?..ick!

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
  #63
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,659
vCash: 500
Yeah if there's one thing a successful goaltender needs it humility.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:45 PM
  #64
SkullSplitter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
I think SensFanDan was being sarcastic and nobody noticed.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:47 PM
  #65
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
.......The Flames acquired Gilmour, but they themselves shipped him out when the civil suit materialized. The civil suit came about after the payments that were promised never materialized........
Everything else was just about right accoring to press stories....however, the Flames traded him because he walked out on the team in mid season.

At the time, arbitrators did not have to make decisions before the season started. Gilmour was in arbitration with the Flames and the arbitrator came in with a decision around Christmas time that was just slightly less than the halfway point between what the Flames wanted to pay him and what he was asking. Gilmour got angry and walked out on the team. The Flames, with a gun to their head, had to trade him and made what was probably one of the worst trades in NHL history with the leafs.

BTW the perfect irony to this story is that Gilmour's last presence on an NHL ice surface was in Calgary, and the last image of him as an NHLer was him crawling across the Flames logo after getting his knee busted up.

Anyway, this guy was certainly never a model citizen.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
  #66
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
Everything else was just about right accoring to press stories....however, the Flames traded him because he walked out on the team in mid season.
I'm not in any position to prove it, but there's a lot more to this story.

The civil suit materialized causing the Flames to be a little less friendly in their contract talks. Some members of the Flames brass (management and ownership) didn't think a statutory **** case would do much for the family oriented Flames.

Their sudden cold feed - and the Flames saying they would have nothing do with helping pay the settlement or aid in keeping things quiet. This was contrary to what was told to Gilmour when he was acquired from St. Louis. With Fletcher now out of the picture in Calgary, the "gentlemen's agreement" was not being honored.

Guess who ended up settling the civil suit? Cliff Fletcher and the Maple Leafs.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:42 AM
  #67
OILFAN #81
Registered User
 
OILFAN #81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Bertuzzi apparently signed a 2 year deal (4 M total) with Calgary according to a poster on the Flames/Bruins board.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 02:54 AM
  #68
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Emery is a bad NHL player.

He wouldn't show up on time for practice, was always the first player off the ice, has admitted he has personal issues. And has a drinking problem.

Those aren't crimes, but he also wasn't so good at stopping the puck last year either. When you have a goalie supposedly fighting for the number one job who can't make practice on time - who needs that ?

His NHL career is over.
If Emery had a drinking problem, he would be in the NHL substance abuse program like many others before him. If the Senators didn't force him to go, then really the issues for him acting like that is on both parties. But i doubt he had drinking problems.

He was a hot head, he was having issues with fans and the media and really isn't meant to play in a market where hockey is #1. Take him to LA or somewhere else and he will regain his form.

People are talking about him like he's Raycroft, but Emery is a year removed from being considered one of the up and coming young goaltenders to being a hack. that's just pathetic, i love the love hate relationship people have here.

One moment "Yay lets sign Filppula he's great..." ...."Canucks offered him an offer-sheet, he's crappy, not even top 6, inflated stats"...."He's going to arbitration, ZOMG HE'S GONNA STAY, YAAAAY..."

Seriously...

Bertuzzi has the Danny Markov syndrome, he thinks he's worth something till its too late and lowers his price when no one wants him. As for Emery, maybe he should go to the RSL for a season, re-establish his game, be a #1 and get his head back into the game away from the Canadian hockey market. Not like it'll be any better from the hockey mad russians, but its an option.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:55 AM
  #69
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
...Of course, he also forgot that Emery:
- ...drove a ski-doo to the rink
Actually so did Alfie (not the same day), but nobody noticed.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
  #70
Mooseduck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landfill View Post
How come Calgary isn't being talked about? Is it cause of cap issues. My guess is he signs with the Flames 2 million for 1 year.
Good call

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
  #71
Cardiac_Canes
Registered User
 
Cardiac_Canes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Bertuzzi: Toronto, Carolina or LA would be my guesses
Do you realize how little sense this made? Does a team at its salary limit with a top 9 of Staal, Whitney, Samsonov, Brind'amour, Williams, Ruutu, Cullen, Walker and Eaves need Bertuzzi? I swear some people don't even think before they write something.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.