HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor/buf

Old
07-04-2008, 07:51 PM
BCS

vCash: 500
An emphatic pass from Buffalo.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandsam View Post
i dont get it. nothing in this deal is a 2nd rounder

The original proposal had not only a 3rd but a 2nd he took of the 2nd.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:35 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!TML97!! View Post
The original proposal had not only a 3rd but a 2nd he took of the 2nd.
ummmmmmmm no. i made the thread and it never had a 2nd

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandsam View Post
ummmmmmmm no. i made the thread and it never had a 2nd
ya I was going to reply sorry, there was another thread that had Kronwall + a 2nd and Kubina to the lightning. I must have replied to fast or something in the wrong thread.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:50 AM
The Big Swede

Fletcher is not that stupid

A big no from Toronto's perspective

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:43 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!TML97!! View Post
ya I was going to reply sorry, there was another thread that had Kronwall + a 2nd and Kubina to the lightning. I must have replied to fast or something in the wrong thread.
o ok. out of curiosity WHY doesnt fletch like 2nds

Old
07-05-2008, 01:50 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post
An emphatic pass from Buffalo.
Why would Buffalo pass? Lagace is worthless and Paille may or may not get better but he's not on Kubina's level. Looks good on the Buffalo side, but I'm not sure I'd do that if I were in Toronto. Maybe with a better prospect than Lagace.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Why would Buffalo pass? Lagace is worthless and Paille may or may not get better but he's not on Kubina's level. Looks good on the Buffalo side, but I'm not sure I'd do that if I were in Toronto. Maybe with a better prospect than Lagace.
This thread is pretty much aggrivating Sabre and Leaf fans at the same time.

I see both sides of the argument here. The point is Buffalo wouldn't take on Kubina's contract. Whether it is a "good" contract and currently a steal, it is not a steal for Buffalo because we just simply wouldn't take on another 5 mill contract.

Paille has some pretty damn good potential. I think saying he "may or may not get better" is a bit rash. I would be VERY disappointed if Paille didn't net 25+ next year with more ice time. He is also very good on the PK and will end up with at least an A on his jersey IMHO.

If I am Toronto I would do this deal. Whether or not fletcher is rebuilding or making a playoff push (when is toronto not instructed to make a push), they SHOULD do this. I'm a firm believer in if you are going to rebuild then REBUILD. Go all out like philly did. Dump everyone you can (such as 31 year old + solid defensemen who still hold trade value), especially if it can net you guys like Paille.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:40 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post

I see both sides of the argument here. The point is Buffalo wouldn't take on Kubina's contract. Whether it is a "good" contract and currently a steal, it is not a steal for Buffalo because we just simply wouldn't take on another 5 mill contract.

Paille has some pretty damn good potential. I think saying he "may or may not get better" is a bit rash. I would be VERY disappointed if Paille didn't net 25+ next year with more ice time. He is also very good on the PK and will end up with at least an A on his jersey IMHO.

If I am Toronto I would do this deal. Whether or not fletcher is rebuilding or making a playoff push (when is toronto not instructed to make a push), they SHOULD do this. I'm a firm believer in if you are going to rebuild then REBUILD. Go all out like philly did. Dump everyone you can (such as 31 year old + solid defensemen who still hold trade value), especially if it can net you guys like Paille.
THANK YOU!!!! someone sees the point in this thread

Old
07-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post

My main argument is that Kubina can bring in better assets than just Paille (especially with us adding a pick). If the base is Paille and Kubina, IMO, it should be a 1st or a top prospect coming from Buffalo too. Other teams will be able to offer more than a hopefully 20-goal scorer

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
My main argument is that Kubina can bring in better assets than just Paille (especially with us adding a pick). If the base is Paille and Kubina, IMO, it should be a 1st or a top prospect coming from Buffalo too. Other teams will be able to offer more than a hopefully 20-goal scorer
The issue is that Kubina's salary is a detractor and there' not exactly dozens of teams willing/able to absorb the cap hit. Moving one salary for a comprable one is in the Leafs' best interest if they're looking for equal value otherwise its equivalent to putting Kubina in the bargin bin.

Old Navy Goat is online now   Reply With Quote