Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keenan

Old
07-04-2008, 06:44 PM
edmonton_ice

vCash: 500
Keenan

It has been just over a year since Keenan came into the mix. Do you think Sutter hiring him was a huge mistake ?

I think personally he is a cancer, alot of players don't like playing for him.

edmonton_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Ticonderoga

I am hot and cold with him, I am willing to give him another shot next season.

On the bright side his work with Dion has been excellent.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Noori

vCash: 755
At least this one doesn't come in with the intent to troll..

I'd like to see what Keenan can do here the next two seasons but once his contract expires. If we still don't go deep in the playoffs, then I want him gone.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:04 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgary highlander View Post
I'd like to see what Keenan can do here the next two seasons but once his contract expires. If we still don't go deep in the playoffs, then I want him gone.

I'll second that.

So far, though, I have no problem with Keenan as the coach of this team.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonton_ice View Post
It has been just over a year since Keenan came into the mix. Do you think Sutter hiring him was a huge mistake ?

I like Keenan he reminds me of Sutter. That being said no he isn't a player's coach but I really don't care.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:55 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
I absolutely love Keenan. I am more then happy with him being the coach of this team.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
scoringmachine

At first I was angry that Sutter had hired Keenan as coach due his his history of singling out some players too much and making them feel unwanted on the team. After watching him this past season I felt he did a good job with the players and made them feel that they could talk to him whenever they needed to.

Now that Keenan has lots of new faces to coach we will see if Sutter made the right choice. After next season we can decide whether or not Sutter made the right choice for coach.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
it seems like the players that dont like playing for him, i dont want on my team

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:24 AM
BearChi

im happy right now

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:33 AM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonton_ice View Post

Do you have any support for this claim or are you merely speculating? The reason being as there are a few players who also liked playing for Keenan. However, a lot of those players who didn't like playing for him are usually of the "soft" variety. Huselius and Tanguay are obvious examples of that.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Grannys

This forum gets one of these post a week where someone outside the Calgary fan camp comes in asking about Keenan and then stating in the same post how much they personally hate him....

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
kruezer

I don't mind the guy, he had his guys that he didn't work well with to be sure (most notably Marcus Nilson IMO) but he is a decent coach.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
Do you have any support for this claim or are you merely speculating? The reason being as there are a few players who also liked playing for Keenan. However, a lot of those players who didn't like playing for him are usually of the "soft" variety. Huselius and Tanguay are obvious examples of that.
True enough, look at the years Iginla, Phaneuf had, Keenan expects lofty results and rightfully so for that much money. If an overpaid baby can not take the heat, get out of the kitchen, real world stuff here! I like Sutters approach of a talented version of the 2004 team, hard working hjigh energy and super competitive... not entitled lazy older players. Keenan apepars to be the perfect coach for this team allegedly

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
Oh, that would a fun game name players who like Keenan, lets see on the top of my head, Joe Thornton, Olli Jokinen heck even our beloved Adrian Aucoin. I'm sure that we could name some more, not that people will listen.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Noori

vCash: 755
...Pronger

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 06:10 AM
debil

Keenan is an average coach. His work meant no upgrade. Keenan's results were identical to Jimmy's. Flames just played somewhat different style, with more offensive pressure.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:37 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by debil View Post
Keenan is an average coach. His work meant no upgrade. Keenan's results were identical to Jimmy's. Flames just played somewhat different style, with more offensive pressure.
Agree. The end result was pretty much identical.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 05:53 PM
edmonton_ice

Well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
This forum gets one of these post a week where someone outside the Calgary fan camp comes in asking about Keenan and then stating in the same post how much they personally hate him....
I am merely trying to get Flame's fans opinion, there was no intent of trolling here but with that said. I don't see a difference of when Playfair was coach and now when Keenan is coaching.

I think his style works initially but after a while, is starts to wear thin on some players. Sutter is trying to get Keenan type players which may not work in the new NHL. I like the move for Cammaleria and the Tanguay trade.

edmonton_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Congo

Quote:
Originally Posted by debil View Post
It was the same results with a bad season by Kipper, and a line-up that was showing it's age for sure. Despite Tanguay, Juice, Lombardi and pretty much everyone who isn't named Dion or Jarome failing to live up to expectations, Keenan still somehow managed to land the seventh seed.

I think that's admirable, and hopefully indicates that we can expect a better season next year.

Congo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Body Checker

I give mixed results for his first year. Now it looks like Sutter is building a Keenan team. This year will say alot. If they miss the playoffs then fire Keenan unless there are injuries to key players.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo View Post
It was the same results with a bad season by Kipper, and a line-up that was showing it's age for sure. Despite Tanguay, Juice, Lombardi and pretty much everyone who isn't named Dion or Jarome failing to live up to expectations, Keenan still somehow managed to land the seventh seed.

I think that's admirable, and hopefully indicates that we can expect a better season next year.
You're giving Keenan too much credit. I think playing your top playmaker in Tanguay on the pk and giving him mostly second line ice time with guys that combined scored 28 goals would probably lead to a down year. Ditto for Lombardi even playing with worse wingers last year than in 2006.

I find it interesting that after the last 3 years with different coaches they all had similar results albeit with different problems. Not enough offense, not enough defense and general inconsistency.

I don't like Keenan or Sutter, but I'd give them another year. Sutter is beloved by management and he thinks Keenan (who hasn't won a playoff round since when? 1994? And how many years was he unemployed in the NHL?) is an elite coach, so unfortunately neither are going anywhere. However, after a 4th straight first round loss, should it occur, you'd have to look hard at getting rid of them.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
abracanada

In a Keenan interview, apparently Tanguay wanted out when he arrived anyway. I guess that may be why he used him that way.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
In a Keenan interview, apparently Tanguay wanted out when he arrived anyway. I guess that may be why he used him that way.
^^That doesn't really make sense..

I think the Jury is still out on Keenan..

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote