HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lowe throws a verbal grenade at Burke

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
An epic beatdown of Burke.

I look forward to Burke's response.

I love the new Katz Oilers!
yeah, i've officially decided Katz is awesome.

he's my favorite owner after melnyk.

Old
07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Colbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFAN4LIFE View Post
Are you trying to start an arguement here? All I was trying to prove was Lowe's General Managing track record is incomparrable to Brian Burke. Lowe has had over 7 years to turn the team around since 2000. now i know all you Oiler fans are going to talk about the Finals a few years back, but nothing has come out of that team except for hope from the likes of Hemsky, Gagner, and Cogliano. Burke is a far superior general manager, as well as businesman compared to Kevin Lowe. Burke has at least class, instead of publicly bashing a fellow general manager like he just did.

The Oilers were a small market team until after the lockout.

Burke and class? You must be high. Burke's been ragging on Lowe for a year now.

Old
07-04-2008, 07:35 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Are you trying to start an arguement here? All I was trying to prove was Lowe's General Managing track record is incomparrable to Brian Burke. Lowe has had over 7 years to turn the team around since 2000. now i know all you Oiler fans are going to talk about the Finals a few years back, but nothing has come out of that team except for hope from the likes of Hemsky, Gagner, and Cogliano. Burke is a far superior general manager, as well as businesman compared to Kevin Lowe. Burke has at least class, instead of publicly bashing a fellow general manager like he just did.
Lowe didn't start this war and has kept his mouth shut the whole time...tell when he's opened his mouth before today?

-Burke was adamant in having Cloutier as the Canucks goalie....it was their downfall

-Arrived in Anaheim with every major impact player there before he got there....except for Niedermayer
-draft Bobby Ryan, a bust thus far
-Burke signed his old buddy Bertuzzi then realized his stupid mistake and had to buy him out in Anaheim

Burke is a moron....Lowe destroyed him and it was EPIC

Old
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
John Davidson/Pleau and the rest of the Blues organisation had nothing to say about the Canucks offer sheet I assume?
yeah well I'm sure they are as thrilled as the ones like Vanek and Penner offer sheets.

Old
Wheatking

I find it amazing that Burke constantly bashed Lowe last summer and everyone thought it was funny. Lowe opens his mouth ONCE and he's out of line.

Old
HOF

They're going to replay the first 12 minutes of it on Team 1260:

http://www.theteam1260.com/

Old
Raoul Duke*

Quote:
Burke has at least class, instead of publicly bashing a fellow general manager like he just did.
That's the stupidest thing I've read on these boards. Where have you been?

Old
07-04-2008, 07:36 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
Are you ****ing brain dead?!

BURKE HAS BEEN DOING THIS **** SINCE LAST YEAR!

What kind of ****ing double standard is this?
Anyone who thinks Burke has even a shred of class is clearly brain dead. Or doesn't know the meaning of "class" is. A jackass, yes. A person of class? No.

Old
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Where have you been for the last year?
Even last week he was still going on about Lowe being a B@$+@** for his offer sheet to Penner.

Old
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemack View Post
yeah well I'm sure they are as thrilled as the ones like Vanek and Penner offer sheets.
difference? Burkie is still whining like a girl

not a peep from Blues management

Old
07-04-2008, 07:37 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
Burke maybe a whiner, but he ain't stupid.
I wouldn't bet too much on that.

Old
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Lowe just gained 22.2 kilos of respect from me.

Trust me, thats alot.

Old
Klaus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I find it amazing that Burke constantly bashed Lowe last summer and everyone thought it was funny. Lowe opens his mouth ONCE and he's out of line.
Isn't the double standard hilarious?

Old
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Where have you been for the last year?
Even last week he was still going on about Lowe being a B@$+@** for his offer sheet to Penner.
No kidding. Burke has been throwing shots at Lowe below the belt for about a year. Lowe let it go and took it like a man, but enough was enough when Burke had a big whiney fit a couple days ago.

Old
Raoul Duke*

I ****ing love this swagger the Oilers have now since Darryl Katz took over. A new era in Edmonton. Go for the jugular at all costs.

Old
07-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
John Davidson/Pleau and the rest of the Blues organisation had nothing to say about the Canucks offer sheet I assume?
They sure as hell didn't rush in front of a microphone and tee off on Gillis about it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick and tired of hearing these two morons mouth off at each other in the press - either meet up somewhere and have it out, or shut the hell up ... but quit yapping at each other like a couple of women on Jerry Springer. As it is, the way they're both carrying on they each need to be armed with a purse.

07-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post

So I guess Lowe was the saint in all this?

Old
07-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Colbert

Quote:
pwned where? in offer sheet? or in stanley cup rings?

I know Gretzky 4 <<< Lowe 6. What an overrated girly players Gretzky was eh? I can't believe a city would build a statue for that girly man. They should have built one for Lowe instead
You're comments do not make any sense.

Old
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Architect? He made three moves - signed Selanne, Niedermeyer and traded for Pronger. Everybody else that was there was all Bryan Murray. Brian Burke is nothing more than a hack and a mark for his own publicity.
Really?

You're trying to play down acquiring two of the three best defensemen in the NHL, and signing a 40 goal scorer to a $1 million contract?

You're also forgetting about his dumping of dead weight Fedorov's salary in exchange for Francois Beauchemin. Letting the overrated and overpaid Penner drift away for a first round draft pick.

And stocking the entire roster with mid-to-heavyweights who trampled everyone in the 2007 playoffs with little to no effort.

As well has his continued brilliant loophole abuse to keep the Ducks technically within the cap while, by all accounts, they should have been well over it at several points in the last few years.

The only moves I'd bash Burke for, are the Bertuzzi contract (a risk taken) and letting Bryzgalov drop on waivers.

I think all of this bad blood comes from the fact that Lowe got pounded by Burke in both the Penner fiasco and the Pronger trade.

Old
Wheatking

Quote:
So I guess Lowe was the saint in all this?
According to the CBA he is.

Old
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
They sure as hell didn't rush in front of a microphone and tee off on Gillis about it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick and tired of hearing these two morons mouth off at each other in the press - either meet up somewhere and have it out, or shut the hell up ... but quit yapping at each other like a couple of women on Jerry Springer. As it is, the way they're both carrying on they each need to be armed with a purse.
hearing these two?

this is actually the first time Klowe went off on Burke. And he did it on local radio not national TV

Old
Klaus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post

Lowe has been hush hush until about an hour ago. You want to blame someone and call somebody a moron direct it towards Brian Burke. He's been beating his dead horse for months on end and I don't blame Lowe for finally snapping at the blowhard.

Old
theoil

Quote:
This is one of the less clever comments written on this board. Burke is many things but classy would be waaaaay down the list and his inability to count is what started this.

Old
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
LOL what? More like the other way around. Every time Burke opens his mouth he's a fat, idiot, moron, loser and now Lowe does the same and it's a beatdown of epic proportions.

Old
07-04-2008, 07:41 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post

its his only excuse for the year. His other option would be to blame scotty and selanne, which would probably hurt their performance/likelyhood to even show up next year.

And for the anaheim fan about to say "what about murray, sens sucked" (because this forum is allways about attacking the poster that attacked your team), i say that murray has his scapegoats too. He fired one and bought out the other.

Closed Thread