HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lowe throws a verbal grenade at Burke

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Jesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
They sure as hell didn't rush in front of a microphone and tee off on Gillis about it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick and tired of hearing these two morons mouth off at each other in the press - either meet up somewhere and have it out, or shut the hell up ... but quit yapping at each other like a couple of women on Jerry Springer. As it is, the way they're both carrying on they each need to be armed with a purse.
After today I would think the NHL steps in and tells them both to keep it shut.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Yemack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
According to the CBA he is.
well there you go

Old
07-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf View Post
LOL what? More like the other way around. Every time Burke opens his mouth he's a fat, idiot, moron, loser and now Lowe does the same and it's a beatdown of epic proportions.
Yeah....this summer, after almost an full calender year people are getting sick of it. Go dig up some threads from August 2007.

Old
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
He was also one goal away from the Stanley Cup that he built himself.
What did the same team do the following year? Do you honestly think that was a good team?

Old
AgentNaslund*

I stand by the fact that Lowe have every right to defend himself.

However calling him a moron is immature. Sure Brian Burke whined and whined about Kevin Lowe, I dont recall him calling Lowe any bad names to the immature side of things. Media Junkie? Underachiever? moron? Thats kinda going far, considering Kevin Lowe already messed up the going rates for 50 points players around the leauge.

I like to see GM's defend themselves, however Kevin Lowe's gone too far. As long as hes GM, that team will continue to fail. Mark my words OIler fans. YOu guys have been talking **** all week long. I tell you right now, your team will probalby miss the playoffs again.

very uncalled for. Kevin Lowe has nothing to say about Burke so he calls him a moron. Way ta go Kevin Lowe.

He sais GMs dont like, I can tell you, there are more Kevin Lowe haters then Brian Burke haters. What a guy.

Wow what an insulte to Brian Burke. He said he destroyed the VAncouver franchice??? unbelievable. He took a garbage team, that missed the playoffs 4 years in a row to a divisional team. He turned a 50 million dollar team into a 35 million dollar competitive and so for. He did not leave NOnis with nothing to work with, (I assume he thinks the Canucks franchice was a shame in 06, another insult to our organization)

Brian Burke is far better GM then Kevin Lowe. Unreal, his team has missed the playoffs 3 teams out of the last 4 seasons.

Old
stony

vCash: 416
Quote:
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick and tired of hearing these two morons mouth off at each other in the press - either meet up somewhere and have it out, or shut the hell up ... but quit yapping at each other like a couple of women on Jerry Springer. As it is, the way they're both carrying on they each need to be armed with a purse.
But the problem with that is that the yapping (until today) has all been from one side. Lowe finally responded.

Old
Fabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky is a gangsta View Post
he also called anaheim a "pathetic hockey market"
If thats true than Lowe is a far bigger POS than Burke.

Old
dubey
Registered Genius

Quote:
LOL what? More like the other way around. Every time Burke opens his mouth he's a fat, idiot, moron, loser and now Lowe does the same and it's a beatdown of epic proportions.
Really? if this was scored as a boxing match I don't think Lowe would have won one round until today.

Old
Colbert

Quote:
They sure as hell didn't rush in front of a microphone and tee off on Gillis about it.

Are you kidding?

This is awesome. Hockey's about entertainment and this feud is damn entertaining

Old
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Quote:

What else has Lowe said in the media besides todays beatdown?

He has been very professional and has turned the other cheek one too many times. He finally had enough of Burke and decided that if the NHL wouldnt shut that blowhard up he would. I cant wait till Burke goes to Toronto and the Media there realize how poor of a GM he really is, (even with Tavares in the lineup)

Old
07-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Klaus*

Replayed right now.

Old
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
What did the same team do the following year? Do you honestly think that was a good team?
Are you really that simple that you can't recognize that a team that has just lost the 2nd best defenseman in the league is going to struggle? He was our franchise player. Take Luongo off the Canucks, Iginla off the Flames and Ovechkin off the Caps and tell me how you think they'd do the next season.

Old
CaptBrannigan

So now Lowe is a hero, and everyone hates Burke for doing the same thing? What a herd of sheep we have here at HF.

Lowe's an idiot and an average GM. Burke is slightly above average and an ass. Until the Oilers become relevant again playoff-wise, who cares how much these girls moan? They're both unprofessional.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:44 PM
HOF

It's on

Old
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Lowe just completely smashed Burke to peices. Absolutely obliterated him--and rightly so after Burke wouldn't shut up and continually took potshots at Lowe. What goes around comes around--and he got it much, much worse. The big baby is probably crying as we speak.
Now that's an overstatement.
Don't make your Oiler ego get the best out of you.

Burke is a mediamanic for sure, but for now he robbed Edmonton of Pronger giving away Lupul who failed miserably there but shined last year in Philly, he didn't resign Smyth who was the heart of the Oilers because of 100k bucks, robbed Anaheim of Penner who was so and so last year btw. Other moves didn't go that well too, Pitkanen was so and so last year and has been already traded, Souray is a question mark after the injury. The Oilers really woke up more thanks to their young players rather than Lowe's moves.

Burke inherited a very good team, but signed Scotty Nieds, Teemu Selanne and traded for Pronger and Beauchemin, then he managed to keep Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim for other five years, while getting also a ring.

In my books Burke >>>>> Lowe

Old
CantHaveTkachev
"McDavid show"Oct/15

vCash: 785
Quote:
maybe because Lowe kept his mouth shut for months while Burke is still using the Penner excuse from a year ago

Old
07-04-2008, 06:45 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Really? if this was scored as a boxing match I don't think Lowe would have won one round until today.
Your winner by KO - Kevin Lowe

Burke may have thrown 100 ineffective jabs, but he was KTFO by Lowe's awesome 5 punch combo today.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Colbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
If thats true than Lowe is a far bigger POS than Burke.
When a franchise needs 2 for 1 deals to get people to the rink when they're winning and can't even get stories about them printed in the paper I don't think Lowe is too far off

Old
07-04-2008, 06:46 PM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
maybe because Lowe kept his mouth shut for months while Burke is still using the Penner excuse from a year ago
He would have come away looking like a professional if he had kept his mouth shut. But you're right, to all the petty fans out there this is much better.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
How do rings as a player have anything to do with rings as an executive? Burke never called Lowe a bad hockey player.... just a bad GM. I suppose Henri Richard was the best GM of all time.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:47 PM
dubey
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Your winner by KO - Kevin Lowe

Burke may have thrown 100 ineffective jabs, but he was KTFO by Lowe's awesome 5 punch combo today.
lol

I don't think Burke is done yet though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
How do rings as a player have anything to do with rings as an executive? Burke never called Lowe a bad hockey player.... just a bad GM. I suppose Henri Richard was the best GM of all time.
I think what gets me is the Oilers fans arguing that he was a critical part of the team's success. Those cups would have been won with or without him.

Old
07-04-2008, 06:49 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
lol

I don't think Burke is done yet though

I think what gets me is the Oilers fans arguing that he was a critical part of the team's success. Those cups would have been won with or without him.

With all due frigging respect, chances are those same Oilers fans know more about there own team then you do as a Toronto fan.

Old
CantHaveTkachev
"McDavid show"Oct/15

vCash: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by twi View Post
He would have come away looking like a professional if he had kept his mouth shut. But you're right, to all the petty fans out there this is much better.
...but Burke is looking like a professional when he spouts off every week about Lowe?

Old
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Are you really that simple that you can't recognize that a team that has just lost the 2nd best defenseman in the league is going to struggle? He was our franchise player. Take Luongo off the Canucks, Iginla off the Flames and Ovechkin off the Caps and tell me how you think they'd do the next season.
Are you really that simple that you can't see an actual well built team can withstand those things? Geez, way to pick examples that support my point.

Take Stevens off the Devils, what happens? Take Niedermayer off the Devils, what happens? Take Rafalski off the Devils, what happens? Take Gomez off the Devils, what happens?

Old
07-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twi View Post
To be honest...it is better. For the last year I've been a fan of a team and I haven't been sure if it had any balls. Lowe just sat back and took shot about shot. MacT got a laugh at Burke's expense once but that was it. I'm glad to see Lowe is willing to fight back a little....and really, in the big picture this is really nothing compared to what Burke has said about 6 or 7 separate times.

Closed Thread