HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From a life-long Red Wings fan.....

Old
08-06-2008, 09:47 AM
CBJSlash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

The problem isn't the car industry or government...
The problem is everyone who went out and bought an SUV during the last 10 years.
The problem is everyone who ran up their creditcard debt.
The problem is everyone who bought a house beyond their means or needs.

Let me know if you want me to continue this obituary for the American Consumer.
NOOOOOOOOOO it has to be the economy.

Are you telling me that American's paid Jeff Finger 4.5 million a year and then wonder why they are close to the salary cap?

That is outrageous. Americans are sensible people who make good decisions with the money while measuring the future implications of such decisions.

JF = Communist.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 09:54 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Would that it was so simple.
BMW and Nissan are now facing huge losses too.

The problem isn't the car industry or government...
The problem is everyone who went out and bought an SUV during the last 10 years.
The problem is everyone who ran up their creditcard debt.
The problem is everyone who bought a house beyond their means or needs.

Let me know if you want me to continue this obituary for the American Consumer.
If you believe that the government, car industry, oil industry, or banking industry don't have some blame for our problems you haven't been playing attention.

The banking industry, for example, was too dumb to tell people no. They deserve everything they get.

The moral is, most people are either stupid or undisiplined - or both. You must protect yourself from them, otherwise you are just as bad as they are.

It bothers me when people try to lay blame on a side, there's plenty to go around.

Having said that, what was this thread about again?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Hitokiri

I think this was me resurrecting a semi-old thread to chime in that yet another Michigander had moved to your city, prompting the "OMG, Michigan's economy sux" comments. Which is fine because it's true. The only thing the automakers seem to be capable of these days is moving jobs out of the country and losing money.

Hitokiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
I think this was me resurrecting a semi-old thread to chime in that yet another Michigander had moved to your city, prompting the "OMG, Michigan's economy sux" comments. Which is fine because it's true. The only thing the automakers seem to be capable of these days is moving jobs out of the country and losing money.
Honda of America plant down here seems to be doing fine. Haven't heard anything bad from my friend that works there.

It's a shame the big 3 are ran like crap.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Please bring this thread back to hockey, not a debate on the American Economy.

08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
Welcome, I hope you like the city of Columbus. In time that red jersey you have might change to blue, and I don't mean the blue with maize in it!

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Red Wings suck!

Old
08-06-2008, 07:50 PM
cantskate

Many people in this country are mobile and move from one part of the country to another, some, like me, many times. I've lived in a lot of different cities throughout my life. Growing up a Wings fan, I still have a soft spot in my heart for them, and I was rooting for them against the Pens. Part of that has to do with just being a hockey fan and liking the way they play (puck control, skill, no goons, etc.) I tend to adopt the team in the city I'm living and since I'm in NorCal now and have been for many years, I've become a Sharks fan. First and foremost, though, I just love hockey. I'll watch any game I can.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
OK, if the Big 3 were run as well as the Red Wings organization, the US would be dominating the auto industry instead of having sales at 16 year lows.

Why have the CBJ stunk up the joint most of the years in their existence? Look no further than how the organization was run.

Why are the CBJ seemingly on the upswing and showing the appearance of continual improvement? It's how the organization is being run today.

This goes well beyond how the players we have have played on the ice, much like how GM and Ford's woes go well beyond the performance of the union workers on the line.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote