HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester Files For Arbitration

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2008, 07:11 AM
  #101
Mogo
#GameOver
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 12,127
vCash: 814
If Bouw doesnt sign long term. The best would be to deal him now because his value is the highest. His value will plummit come trade deadline with him being a UFA

Mogo is online now  
Old
07-06-2008, 08:33 AM
  #102
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Reading all of these comments I can't help to think of all the fans and even martin with the fantasyland illusion that jay would actually consider signing here for the past few months. It was obvious to me for a long time that he does not want to be here and martin's PR disasters over the past year, specificlally since the end of the season, have cemented our repuation around the league as a joke. Now we are where we are and he needs to go NOW. None of this lets wait and see and hope that we can convince him to stay. He does not want to be here, the quicker we realize this the quicker we can move forward, otherwise this will be hanging over us like a cloud. This team has absolutely no shot a the playoffs with this roster. At least if we trade him we might get a top line scorer and I would focus everything on either the much discussed Ottawa deal (maybe Bouw, Dvo, Skrastins and Kilger if he is emotionally OK to play back home, for Meszeros, Vermette, Neil and a 1st) or Detroit (centered around Fillipula and Kronwall) or Edmonton (with Hemsky and Gilbert). There are no other teams that make sense that I can think of, even though who know what our genius GM will cook. I don't think even the worse GM in the league could botch this one, but with martin you never know. This needs to happen before the season.

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 08:40 AM
  #103
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Reading all of these comments I can't help to think of all the fans and even martin with the fantasyland illusion that jay would actually consider signing here for the past few months. It was obvious to me for a long time that he does not want to be here and martin's PR disasters over the past year, specificlally since the end of the season, have cemented our repuation around the league as a joke. Now we are where we are and he needs to go NOW. None of this lets wait and see and hope that we can convince him to stay. He does not want to be here, the quicker we realize this the quicker we can move forward, otherwise this will be hanging over us like a cloud. This team has absolutely no shot a the playoffs with this roster. At least if we trade him we might get a top line scorer and I would focus everything on either the much discussed Ottawa deal (maybe Bouw, Dvo, Skrastins and Kilger if he is emotionally OK to play back home, for Meszeros, Vermette, Neil and a 1st) or Detroit (centered around Fillipula and Kronwall) or Edmonton (with Hemsky and Gilbert). There are no other teams that make sense that I can think of, even though who know what our genius GM will cook. I don't think even the worse GM in the league could botch this one, but with martin you never know. This needs to happen before the season.
Why does everyone bad mouth Martin, I think he has done a great job. Personally, I was happy to see Jokinen go and the return may not look great on paper but it improves the team, bottom line. We gave up way too many shots last season and how about all those leads we blew late in games?? If Jokinen stayed, none of this would have changed for next season...meanwhile he was probably on the ice most of the time whenever we blew a lead...no disrespect but that's just how it was...

In regards to Bouwmeester, I don't think he has done anything magnificent for us. Obviously he has tremendous potential and I would like to keep him, but he will never be a leader in the NHL (from watching him the past few seasons) and if he wants to leave, what's all the fuss about, let him leave. I can guarantee that Martin will not just let him become a UFA and walk out the door without getting anything in return.

What I predict is that we make the playoffs and he re-signs long-term because he realizes that this team has finally turned the corner.

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 08:46 AM
  #104
Gaebriel
Registered User
 
Gaebriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
What I predict is that we make the playoffs and he re-signs long-term because he realizes that this team has finally turned the corner.
I don't think just making the playoffs is enough. Look at what happened to Atlanta. That's a corner I definitely don't want to turn.

Gaebriel is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 08:46 AM
  #105
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Why does everyone bad mouth Martin, I think he has done a great job. Personally, I was happy to see Jokinen go and the return may not look great on paper but it improves the team, bottom line. We gave up way too many shots last season and how about all those leads we blew late in games?? If Jokinen stayed, none of this would have changed for next season...meanwhile he was probably on the ice most of the time whenever we blew a lead...no disrespect but that's just how it was...

In regards to Bouwmeester, I don't think he has done anything magnificent for us. Obviously he has tremendous potential and I would like to keep him, but he will never be a leader in the NHL (from watching him the past few seasons) and if he wants to leave, what's all the fuss about, let him leave. I can guarantee that Martin will not just let him become a UFA and walk out the door without getting anything in return.

What I predict is that we make the playoffs and he re-signs long-term because he realizes that this team has finally turned the corner.
Still in dreamland? he aint signing here, and if you take a closer look at who is always on the ice over the past two or three years at the end of our numerous late game collapses. It usually is Jay, out of position, not physical and beat. Olli has not been on the ice nearly as much during crucial late game situations in which we were up by a goal. Jay is always on the ice. Great talent but let him go and lets for once, just once, get good value. Listening jacques?????

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 08:52 AM
  #106
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Still in dreamland? he aint signing here, and if you take a closer look at who is always on the ice over the past two or three years at the end of our numerous late game collapses. It usually is Jay, out of position, not physical and beat. Olli has not been on the ice nearly as much during crucial late game situations in which we were up by a goal. Jay is always on the ice. Great talent but let him go and lets for once, just once, get good value. Listening jacques?????
I'm telling you man, we got good value in that Jokinen trade, you will see a huge difference this season in the defensive zone...

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 09:42 AM
  #107
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Trade him for Parise. Straight up. Benefits both teams, and we get our #1 center.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 09:48 AM
  #108
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
Trade him for Parise. Straight up. Benefits both teams, and we get our #1 center.
I would love that deal. Hearings begin July 20th right? Therefore we have until then to sign or trade him? That's two solid weeks in order to work out a deal (either a contract or trade).

Montsy14 is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 10:03 AM
  #109
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
Trade him for Parise. Straight up. Benefits both teams, and we get our #1 center.
Thats exactly the trade proposal I keep on saying. It gives both teams exactly what they need.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 10:20 AM
  #110
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
From today's Post:

Panthers General Manager Jacques Martin has been negotiating on and off with Bouwmeester's Edmonton-based agent, Bryon Baltimore, for more than a year in attempts to sign him to an extension but with no success. If Bouwmeester plays one more season he could go on the free-agent market with no compensation due the Panthers.

While coach Peter DeBoer is holding out hope that Bouwmeester can be convinced to stay if he believes the team is heading in the right direction, league sources have said Bouwmeester has grown tired of the losing in Florida and wants to move on. The Panthers haven't made the playoffs since his arrival in 2002.


http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...thers0706.html

FlaPanthers7 is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 10:25 AM
  #111
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Parise is a LW/C. I would prefer dealing with Philadelphia for Jeff Carter, a pure Center. The Flyers have an overload of scoring line centers, Richards, Briere and Carter, and are more likely to deal one of them. Of course I would prefer Richards, who has played for Deboer, but the Flyers are unlikely to deal him.

Suggested Trade-Bouwmeester and Kreps for Carter and a First Round Draft Choice. Remember, Carter is signed for the next 3 years and after that becomes a RFA, not a UFA, so that increases his value.


Last edited by Georgia Panther: 07-06-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  #112
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
Trade him for Parise. Straight up. Benefits both teams, and we get our #1 center.
JM is not going to trade jay for a center straight up. after (correctly) identifying the defense as needing a lot of help, he's look like a fool to essentially do nothing or allow it to further deteriorate. the addition of ballard was necessary - we can't lose jay for no D. i could handle as deal involving meszaros and that looks like one of the best options out there - we get a good Dman would could step in now. we need that.

zeroG is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 10:36 AM
  #113
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
JM is not going to trade jay for a center straight up. after (correctly) identifying the defense as needing a lot of help, he's look like a fool to essentially do nothing or allow it to further deteriorate. the addition of ballard was necessary - we can't lose jay for no D. i could handle as deal involving meszaros and that looks like one of the best options out there - we get a good Dman would could step in now. we need that.
Your underestimating the addition of Boynton. Boynton=Skrastins, at the very least, perhaps better. Ballard moves into the JBo role though admittedly not as well.

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 10:44 AM
  #114
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
It has to be offense. Has to. Who here could argue that losing Jbo for a 1st line scoring center would not make the playoffs look plausable? I can't. It would be nice, for once. Note: It's easier for me, I have no love affair for Jbo.

CatscratchFever is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:01 AM
  #115
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
I think Armageddon is upon us. I completely agree with everything GP has written here.

LOL. Yeah, is this GP possibly complimenting Martin? The world is truly ending.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:07 AM
  #116
Georgia Panther
Registered User
 
Georgia Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BufordGA/FranklinNC
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
LOL. Yeah, is this GP possibly complimenting Martin? The world is truly ending.
No, GP is hoping that someone reads my comments on potential moves and passes them along to JM. He needs all the help he can get since he obviously isn't able to do it himself.

Georgia Panther is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
  #117
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
It has to be offense. Has to. Who here could argue that losing Jbo for a 1st line scoring center would not make the playoffs look plausable? I can't. It would be nice, for once. Note: It's easier for me, I have no love affair for Jbo.
i would and have and others have as well. if you think this team is better without jay and with a 1st line center, you're crazy. this team couldn't survive last year with the defense we iced and jay was holding it together. ballard/boynton do not make up for the loss of jay. i'm not in love with jay, just looking objectively at this defense. could we use a great 1st line center? sure. would an exchange of jay for that center make us better? absolutely not. can we compete for a playoff spot WITH jay and our current group of Fs (with possibly the addition of another via FA)? without a doubt.

zeroG is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:11 AM
  #118
TheHMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
No, GP is hoping that someone reads my comments on potential moves and passes them along to JM. He needs all the help he can get since he obviously isn't able to do it himself.
If they could swing that, I'd appreciate it too. I think the deal for Bouw isn't going to go through with the Sens because Jacques doesn't like us that much. I remember one of the rumored offers for Luongo was far beyond whatever Vancouver offered (Phillips was also included in the deal).

TheHMan is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:14 AM
  #119
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i would and have and others have as well. if you think this team is better without jay and with a 1st line center, you're crazy. this team couldn't survive last year with the defense we iced and jay was holding it together. ballard/boynton do not make up for the loss of jay. i'm not in love with jay, just looking objectively at this defense. could we use a great 1st line center? sure. would an exchange of jay for that center make us better? absolutely not. can we compete for a playoff spot WITH jay and our current group of Fs (with possibly the addition of another via FA)? without a doubt.
Yeah, I agree. We need a good defenseman coming back. Doesn't mean we also can't get a center. That's why I like Vermette and Meszaros from Ottawa so much. It just makes sense.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
  #120
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
If they could swing that, I'd appreciate it too. I think the deal for Bouw isn't going to go through with the Sens because Jacques doesn't like us that much. I remember one of the rumored offers for Luongo was far beyond whatever Vancouver offered (Phillips was also included in the deal).
My personal opinion is that is just paranoia from Sens country. Firstly, JM wasn't the GM. He had some personnel powers, but probably not enough to dissuade Keenan for trading for his boyfriend Bertuzzi. Keenan was the GM, he decided who ultimately went where and for whom. Keenan and the possibility of trading for Bertuzzi = Vancouver gets Luongo even if we get molested, which we did.

Secondly, Martin isn't dealing with the Muckler regime anymore. This is a whole new regime in Murray. I don't think he harbors any ill will towards the Sens franchise, just toward Muckler.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:37 AM
  #121
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i would and have and others have as well. if you think this team is better without jay and with a 1st line center, you're crazy. this team couldn't survive last year with the defense we iced and jay was holding it together. ballard/boynton do not make up for the loss of jay. i'm not in love with jay, just looking objectively at this defense. could we use a great 1st line center? sure. would an exchange of jay for that center make us better? absolutely not. can we compete for a playoff spot WITH jay and our current group of Fs (with possibly the addition of another via FA)? without a doubt.
You constantly try to emphasize that this team has NO D if Jay leaves. You always think this team will completely fall apart if Jay leaves. You make it sound like we are going to give up 10 goals a game if Jay leaves. We have guys who can step in. Maybe not to Jays level, but we have guys who can step in. You have to assume that all these moves on D that JM has done is based that he knows Jay wont be back. He has already said that he is now happy with the D. If Jay is traded, we need a scorer. You cant win if you dont score.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 11:57 AM
  #122
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
You constantly try to emphasize that this team has NO D if Jay leaves. You always think this team will completely fall apart if Jay leaves. You make it sound like we are going to give up 10 goals a game if Jay leaves. We have guys who can step in. Maybe not to Jays level, but we have guys who can step in. You have to assume that all these moves on D that JM has done is based that he knows Jay wont be back. He has already said that he is now happy with the D. If Jay is traded, we need a scorer. You cant win if you dont score.
wha??? he's happy with the D NOW, WITH JAY! take jay away and we're basically right back where we were last year and that was not good enough. it's very simple. we know from last year that we absolutely do not have guys who can put pressure on opponents via transition. heck - i'd have questions about our D even with jay, though i'd feel better about it than i have in a long time.

while i would agree that it *looks* like JM may have gone all D with the expectation that jay might leav. i don't see JM going all offense in a trade with jay for reasons i've repeated many times already.

zeroG is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 12:05 PM
  #123
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 9,120
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Would be somewhat happy with a return of Vermette/Meszaros Pick or prospect.. I mean Meszaros is good but had an off season, Vermette is under-rated imo. Dont know, I wouldnt jump on the offer right as we got it, would like to see what else we could get, I would like to look out west at Colorado and maybe a few other teams

Egblad is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM
  #124
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_CATS_FAN View Post
You constantly try to emphasize that this team has NO D if Jay leaves. You always think this team will completely fall apart if Jay leaves. You make it sound like we are going to give up 10 goals a game if Jay leaves. We have guys who can step in. Maybe not to Jays level, but we have guys who can step in. You have to assume that all these moves on D that JM has done is based that he knows Jay wont be back. He has already said that he is now happy with the D. If Jay is traded, we need a scorer. You cant win if you dont score.
The additions of Ballard and Boynton are supposed to compliment Bouw. Like others have said, we need a good defenseman coming back if Bouw leaves. If we don't, we're in trouble.

We have a Ryno who is a huge question mark at the moment. According to GP, we have the same player in Boynton and Skras. Smurf gets pushed around. Scoring is nice but without Bouw -- who also scored 27 goals the last two years -- our defense would be on the same level as Tampa's. Bouw is the one that makes our defensive corp a good one. This is why it would be very important to acquire a solid defenseman in return.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline  
Old
07-06-2008, 12:14 PM
  #125
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
wha??? he's happy with the D NOW, WITH JAY! take jay away and we're basically right back where we were last year and that was not good enough. it's very simple. we know from last year that we absolutely do not have guys who can put pressure on opponents via transition. heck - i'd have questions about our D even with jay, though i'd feel better about it than i have in a long time.

while i would agree that it *looks* like JM may have gone all D with the expectation that jay might leav. i don't see JM going all offense in a trade with jay for reasons i've repeated many times already.
I dont think he will go ALL offense in a trade with Jay, but offense would be the MAIN part of it. With the rumors now involving the Flyers, if we could get a package centered around Jeff Carter, I would be all over that. Even the package rumored from OTT of Vermette and Meszaros is a decent one, but a trade would be a combination.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.