HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No Class Lowe

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
And you can get 2 free season tickets if you buy 2.

http://ducks.nhl.com/ext/PriceGuide0809.pdf
So that is how they are getting sell outs? Interesting.

That is a nice cheap season ticket when you spread the cost over 2 to 4 or more people. I wonder why they have a large population to draw from and lord knows nothing else in California comes cheap. I spent a fortune on my last visit there. Everything was very pricey.

I bet the NBA and baseball teams do not do anything like that.

Last edited by Oilerdiehard: 07-05-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
FiveFourteenSixOne
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjtigers View Post
no kidding 540 for a nose bleed all year I could take that.
No kidding. I'd buy two of them for that. Its super easy to find a friend to take to an Oiler game. When you have tickets to an Oiler game even your enemy's are your friends lol.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Traktor*

I find it pretty comical that Kevin Lowe's comments could hurt little bitty boo Bucky Ducky's feelings so much.

I'm sure his pathetic thread will be locked soon as he is too big of a (Kevin Lowe on Burke... 1st of all...) to generate any discussion worth while. No substance, just like that idiot Burke and his sunburned following.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traktor View Post
I find it pretty comical that Kevin Lowe's comments could hurt little bitty boo Bucky Ducky's feelings so much.

I'm sure his pathetic thread will be locked soon as he is too big of a (Kevin Lowe on Burke... 1st of all...) to generate any discussion worth while. No substance, just like that idiot Burke and his sunburned following.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:20 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Even the Coyotes charge more:

http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...t_request_form

The Coyotes though often have the "4 tickets, 4 hotdogs and 4 drinks for $100 special.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:28 PM
HuMz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Ducky View Post
I think the statement by Kevin Lowe on how Burke works in a non-hockey market, shows just how much class this guy has. I'll be the first to say, I'm not a HUGE Brian Burke fan, but Lowe has no class calling out a specific market in his effort to "dis" a GM. He doesn't work in Edmonton, Burkie actually has to make an effort to sell the game in his area. But last time I checked the Ducks had 70 some straight sellouts? Get the facts right Lowe. He's obviously cocky and arrogant as well, shown by the comment, "He won a cup, sure, I won 6. Wanna count rings?" Who the hell does this idiot think he is? If it weren't for the Gretzky's and the Messier's of the world, he wouldn't have quite as many to gloat about. Don't get me wrong, I think Burke is as big of a testy and grumpy old fart as they come, but Lowe has no class, whatsoever.

And I think whether you admit it or not, you know that your beloved Kevin Lowe, did indeed, drive up the price of young guys VERY VERY high.

I couldn't care less if you make snide comments at me for posting this, I won't be looking in here again, because frankly, I really don't care what you say. Somebody had to make it known, that's all I intend to do.

If there was no prior history and Lowe just came out and said this then I would agree it would be a bit classless. But given the fact Burke has made a fool of himself all year long dragging this on and taking childish remarks then what Lowe said is completely acceptable..... I can't figure out whos the bigger tool you or Burke.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:30 PM
gqlatin

KLo has lots of class for keeping it civilized for so long while Brian Burke threw insult after insult. After a while a man can only take so much. I would have knocked the sucka out long time ago.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
BruceOp

Oh Burkies buddies on TSN will be quick to back him, and KLo will be the menace again. Bob, Pierre, Landsdown etc.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
McTowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Ducky View Post
I think the statement by Kevin Lowe on how Burke works in a non-hockey market, shows just how much class this guy has. I'll be the first to say, I'm not a HUGE Brian Burke fan, but Lowe has no class calling out a specific market in his effort to "dis" a GM. He doesn't work in Edmonton, Burkie actually has to make an effort to sell the game in his area. But last time I checked the Ducks had 70 some straight sellouts? Get the facts right Lowe. He's obviously cocky and arrogant as well, shown by the comment, "He won a cup, sure, I won 6. Wanna count rings?" Who the hell does this idiot think he is? If it weren't for the Gretzky's and the Messier's of the world, he wouldn't have quite as many to gloat about. Don't get me wrong, I think Burke is as big of a testy and grumpy old fart as they come, but Lowe has no class, whatsoever.

And I think whether you admit it or not, you know that your beloved Kevin Lowe, did indeed, drive up the price of young guys VERY VERY high.

I couldn't care less if you make snide comments at me for posting this, I won't be looking in here again, because frankly, I really don't care what you say. Somebody had to make it known, that's all I intend to do.
Lol hahaha yeah right you won't be....********! Have been paying attention to this matter for the last lets say YEAR???

Old
07-05-2008, 06:43 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post

That is a nice cheap season ticket when you spread the cost over 2 to 4 or more people. I wonder why they have a large population to draw from and lord knows nothing else in California comes cheap. I spent a fortune on my last visit there. Everything was very pricey.

I bet the NBA and baseball teams do not do anything like that.

The price of Lakers ticket seems like a state secret on their site but there is a waiting list. All I could find was a ticket broker selling single game tickets for almost as much as Duck's season tickets.

http://www.lakertickets.com/list.php...Angeles+Lakers

Baseball, as you know can afford to offer cheaper tickets because of how many games they play.

I went to a Dodgers/Giants game a few years back for $12.00 a seat and they were good seats down the 3rd base line.

Old
07-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I'm from Alberta but I've also lived in Los Angeles/Orange County so I can say yeah, the hockey market bit was a bit of a low blow, however Lowe was saying that in relation to the fact that Burke likes to shoot his mouth off because that's the only way he can get attention in Anaheim. That quote should be put more into context.

I think honestly though, Burke had it coming. He could've ended this months ago by just shutting up about it, but he kept going on ... and on ... and on about it. Kevin Lowe isn't a teddy bear, eventually he was going to fire back and that happened.

If he didn't want to get ripped he should have shut up about this already, I'm if someone keep lipping you off every chance they get eventually most of us would snap back at them.
+1

at least this feud will start some sort of rivalry now

Old
07-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Matador

It was time Lowe said something, so I don't care how rude it was. Lowe rightly decided to put Burke in his place, and if he had to take a shot at what many do believe to be a poor hockey market then so be it. If you are going to dish it out you better damn well be able to take it back to. Lowe gets a lot of **** from all sorts of people, and yesterday was his turn to fling it back. Normally I'm above this sort of stuff but someone can only stand idle for so long.

Old
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
undertow

only a tool would start a thread then say "he isn't goin to come back to read the responses" cause we all know your gona come back and read it...

Old
07-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Jek McPorkins
Red Six

vCash: 610
I think we can kill this thread now. I doubt the Ducks board mods would tolerate one of us making a No Class Burke thread for the expressed purpose of trolling their intelligent fanbase.

The vast majority of Ducks fans are fantastic, Lowe said his piece, it's probably a good time to drop the issue.

Old
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Cerebral

There's already a thread on this topic and we didn't need another one created.