HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Effect of Jagr on Cherepanov

Old
07-05-2008, 11:07 AM
HockyStr99

vCash: 500
Effect of Jagr on Cherepanov

Jagr and Cherepanov will now be teammates in Omsk. How will this affect Cherepanov's growth as a player and possibly his willingness to come play for the Rangers?

HockyStr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:11 AM
GAGLine

I think if nothing else it will push Chere to work harder. He's not gonna slouch with Jagr around. And he will still come over. He gets to play with Jagr for a year then he's in the NHL, following players like Ovechkin and Kovulchuk. What's better than that? Omsk might offer him more money to stay, but the glory is in the NHL.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:12 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

I thought he was coming over this year? Oh we'll.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:17 AM
ThisYearsModel

Jags loved NYC , and will tell Cherepanov about it. He will be an example that is good for Cherepanov. I think it is all good.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:26 AM
TheZherdev

I was originally scared that Jagr would be bitter about how the negotiations were going, but more and more it sounded like Jagr really didnt want to come back and even felt relieved that the rangers moved on without him, and made the choice easier for him. Anyway it looks like Jagr will have positive things to say about NY.

The downside is they are both RW, and while having Jagr around will educate Cherepanov it will also take away atleast some ice time. But being on the 2nd line wont hurt him too much.

Overall its seems the positives outweigh the negatives.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:31 AM
FLYLine24*

He we eat a lot Cherrys ice time...so im not too thrilled. You know the RWer that will be on for all the key moments in the game is going to be Jagr, not cherry.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:46 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
He we eat a lot Cherrys ice time...so im not too thrilled. You know the RWer that will be on for all the key moments in the game is going to be Jagr, not cherry.
You don't think Cherepanov would move to the Left Wing so they can play together? I had a feeling this was plan 1A from the outset...

Perfect opportunity to get hands on experience with one of the greatest (THE greatest) Europeans to ever play the game...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:52 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
You don't think Cherepanov would move to the Left Wing so they can play together? I had a feeling this was plan 1A from the outset...

Perfect opportunity to get hands on experience with one of the greatest (THE greatest) Europeans to ever play the game...
Not sure why he would or why it would even be up to him.

And im sure Omsk has a legit 1st line left winger already.

Cherry played 2nd line right wing last season, im afraid he'll get bumped to the 3rd line now.

Old
07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Pizza

This will be great for the Rangers.

I think we now have an un -official rep on the ground in Omsk. Jagr will do his best to help Cherepanov. When Chere comes here he'll be more ready to make an immediate impact.

This is all going to work out for the best.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Zil

Quote:
Not sure why he would or why it would even be up to him.

And im sure Omsk has a legit 1st line left winger already.

Cherry played 2nd line right wing last season, im afraid he'll get bumped to the 3rd line now.
I think Avy or someone mentioned that Omsk didn't bring back their first line RW from last year. If that's the case then Jagr is essentially taking that guy's spot.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Choice

Who knows where to obtain Omsk jerseys?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post

just google it.

check this out: http://sports.webshots.com/album/562394202WKgMwJ

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 03:40 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I think Avy or someone mentioned that Omsk didn't bring back their first line RW from last year. If that's the case then Jagr is essentially taking that guy's spot.
Ah ok, well that is good news

Old
07-05-2008, 05:11 PM
squishy

Quote:
Their 1st line right wing from last season signed elsewhere, so Cherepanov will likely be on the 2nd line again, this time behind Jagr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
http://www.russianjerseys.com/

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

I actually think that Jagr moving to Omsk will make Cherepanov's move to NYC easier. I remember that when Omsk management came to NYC before the playoffs to talk to Jagr, they also wanted to discuss Cherepanov. I have a feeling that the unwritten agreement between Sather and Omsk management was that if Omsk can get Jagr, they will be more willing to part with Cherepanov. I think that is part of the reason why Sather did not mind losing Jagr.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
squishy

Avangard's head coach on Cherepanov/Jagr:

Quote:
-- I am glad that we have a player of such scale -- Avangard head coach Sergei Gersonsky answered the congratulations of the Sport-Express correspondent. -- "I have not thought yet, on what position and on line we will put him. Optimum partners for Jagr will be chosen at training camp and during exhibition games.

-- Alexei Cherepanov once admitted, that at quite a young age he went to all of Jagr's practices during the 04-05 season and studied, observing the Czech. He said that he always dreamed to play with him on a line.

-- It's possible, of course, to talk about the prospect of a unit of Jagr - Kuryanov - Cherepanov, but such statements are too hasty. With us, don't forget, is also Klepish, a fast, sharp hockey player who can make great plays himself, and is good at opening up with a smart pass.
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?162077 (Russian)

Old
07-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Blazephr

Striker "Vanguard" Alexei Cherepanov denied reports that he should come to the main training camp "Rangers" in September.

"I do not understand what it! Who has circulated this news? Blueshirt Bulletin? Strangely… And that I must respond to this, but?

I am no one shall be notified that I should come to the camp "Ranger". And as you imagine it represent? I have another year contract with the "Vanguard". I intend to fully comply with the terms of the contract, so I plan to start in September with the team in KHL, rather than go abroad.

The current summer recruited forces. Having visited the home, in Altai, congresses abroad. Well, and several adjusted its own plan of training. And do not be surprised, because every year to acquire new experience, try to address errors ", - said in an interview Cherepanov

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/5145807.html

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Turambar

I think those of you who think that Jags is gonna go over there and become essentially a representative of the Rangers to Cherepanov, take the guy under his wing and mentor him, then encourage him to come over here, I think you're all crazy.

If anything, I think this only decreases the chances that Cherepanov comes over here at all. It's likely that Jagr plays out his career with Omsk, and likely that will be longer than just two years. Why would Cherepanov leave after next year? He'll get a contract offer much larger than anything that the Rangers could offer him, he'll be playing with his childhood role model, and he has the comfort factor of being in his homeland and not having the culture shock he would by coming to North America.

As is evidenced from the quotes in the post above mine, I think we're starting to see why 16 teams passed him up in the draft, because he's not going to come over here.

He'll stay in Russia, mark my words.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Striker "Vanguard" Alexei Cherepanov denied reports that he should come to the main training camp "Rangers" in September.

"I do not understand what it! Who has circulated this news? Blueshirt Bulletin? Strangely… And that I must respond to this, but?

I am no one shall be notified that I should come to the camp "Ranger". And as you imagine it represent? I have another year contract with the "Vanguard". I intend to fully comply with the terms of the contract, so I plan to start in September with the team in KHL, rather than go abroad.

The current summer recruited forces. Having visited the home, in Altai, congresses abroad. Well, and several adjusted its own plan of training. And do not be surprised, because every year to acquire new experience, try to address errors ", - said in an interview Cherepanov

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/5145807.html
I posted a better translation of this here: http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=1...6&postcount=26