HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sully upside?

Old
07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

vCash: 500
Sully upside?

I'll be first to admit i don't get a chance to watch many kings games.. but i did find sullys play down the stretch very intriguing.

what do you think his career upside is interms of points? how many pts do you think he'll post in 08/09? who do you think his linemates will be this season?

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodybutcalgary View Post
I'll be first to admit i don't get a chance to watch many kings games.. but i did find sullys play down the stretch very intriguing.

what do you think his career upside is interms of points? how many pts do you think he'll post in 08/09? who do you think his linemates will be this season?
he is a natural sniper with a laser shot
Put him in the Iginla line and he will score arrounf 80+ Points with 35+ Goals
Wait his knee on ice powerplay shot, you will cheer for him.
On the other hand he is/was a little bit onedimensional....
propably another coach can teach him a little bit defense play.
But basically you have a good top 6 guy....................

:::::::: Edit: when i answered the question, it was about Cammi, he changed the headline :::::::

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:30 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
wow.

his upside is probably 35-40 goals and 80-85 points with the bulk of his scoring coming on the powerplay.

i personally think he'll be tried high but end up on the second line with like Lombardi and Nystrom or Glencross or whomever.

and with that, i think he's going to be a little hard pressed to match his career numbers to date... even in a contract year.

i wouldn't be at all surprised to see an output similar to Tanguay, except with more goals.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

It depends on injuries. Injury free for 90% of his career and I think good offensive numbers, averaging 25-35 goals per season and 25-35 assists.

Better question is how will he fit into a system that emphasizes two way play and defensive responsibility.

Calgary will not be Cammy's final destination as the one-dimensional nature of his game will call upon suiters in the short term but little fit in the long term.

edit: ***? You changed it to Sully? Let me change my answer: "none of your ****ing business"

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:32 AM
wabwat

he changed it? oh LOMA!

Old
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
PhoenixDog
Flamer for Life !!!

i had sully in the question the entire time.. accidentally called him cammy in the title. if you don't feel like answering because of the oversight suit yourself. anyone else your input is appreciated.

PhoenixDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
BurningBright

Last season Patty O improved greatly on his defense, next season I see him on the Penalty Kill with stoll, handzus, and JJ.

As for regular lines, Id say he will stay with Brown and Kopitar. And if they stay healthy all season, I could see Osullivan putting up 60 to 70 points, if he improves as much as he did last year. And i could see brown at 60 to 70 points, and kopitar 80 to 90 points.

And i could see osullivan putting up 30 goals next year. maybe if he gets hot, hopefully 40. cause we all know were gonna need em.

BurningBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 01:49 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

O'Sullivan's upside is a point-per-game two way forward with a wicked wrist shot and great hockey sense.

Remember, he was sent down to Manchester in 06/07 to work on his defensive game. He spent much of the 07/08 season on a checking line with Zeus and killing penalties.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Fripp

On top of the defensive elements, what he added to his offense last year was the willingness to to into the corners and fight it out for the puck, and a pretty darn physical forecheck. He's really evolved in a short time from a guy with skills to a legitimate top liner.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
BringTheReign

Sully can kill penalites and I think will score like 30-40 goals a year with 20-30 assists. He seems more of the guy who will be set up rather than the one to set others up because of his darn good shot.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
wabwat

Patrick O'Sullivan in my opinion is the only current player on the Los Angeles Kings that has all the necessary tools to be a 50-goal scorer.

and before 90% percent of you get your panties all up in a wad, there isn't anything implicit in what i'm saying, i'm merely stating the opinion i have always held... that he has all the ingredients in his pantry.

Old
07-06-2008, 02:49 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup View Post
O'Sullivan's upside is a point-per-game two way forward with a wicked wrist shot and great hockey sense.

Remember, he was sent down to Manchester in 06/07 to work on his defensive game. He spent much of the 07/08 season on a checking line with Zeus and killing penalties.
this sums it up well.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote