HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Interested in O'Sullivan

Old
07-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
No, Prucha has been expendable because he stunk up the joint last season and nobody has any confidence that he can go back to his second line form of the rookie year. It looks like the league has figured out that all you had to do to stop him is to push him and he'll drop on his rear end. That's why Prucha should be limited predominately to PP duty.

If Prucha, Dawes and Cally were all even, we'd see an even number of proposals involving each player. Instead, it's always Prucha.

Yes your offer of Prucha, Moore, Hollweg and a pick ARE a lowball offer, even if the pick is a first rounder, which it's not or you'd mention it.

Prucha's value is about a third rounder. Maybe less. Probably less.

Hollweg is worthess. If we could get a 7th round pick for him, I'd gladly do it. Chances are that if we package Prucha and Hollweg together, we can get one third rounder for both of them.

Moore is a prospect with third line potential, a.k.a. interchangeable parts you can always find. His value is also a third rounder. Together Moore, Prucha and Hollweg may get us a late second round pick.

And your "pick" is presumably at most a second rounder or even less than that.

So what you are telling me is that LA should trade a young second liner with first line potential for a pair of mid to late second round picks (and that's the absolute max that our players are worth, and probably not that much).

Let me ask you this: would you trade our second liners for that?

Dubi is worse than O'S and doesn't have as much potential. Would you trade Dubi for a #2 and a pair of #3's? No? Well, Dubi isn't as good as O'S, so what would make you think LA would do it?
First off a lowball offer is orr, hollweg, and a garbage pick. A second round pick in this years draft, which is suppossed to be a deep draft, is more like a late first round pick. Prucha I would say could benefit from a change of scenery, I agree he is not a 2nd liner on most teams, hes a third liner who can put up some points and play some powerplay, he would also benefit from being in the west as oppossed to the east. Moore is a player who has decent touch and could be a third liner with second line potential on another team, he is buried here behind dawes, pru, and callahan. I also mentioned other players like korpedo, pyatt, sauer, etc who could also be involved in the deal. Im not going on the kings board proposing this trade, Im just saying what I think Sather would offer and that is my opinion. If you look at his track record, he has only overpaid on a few trades as rangers GM (lindros, gusarov, and ozo) and two of those trades were deadline deals. He is very good at not overpaying, if you want to say that deal doesn't work for the kings thats fine, thats your opinion, but if you think we will trade a top prospect and callahan or girardi for O'sullivan you need to take a better look at sather's track record.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Kings fan here..

O'Sullivan is untouchable guys.

Unless you wanna get stupid..

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:12 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Wait... Sully is an RFA

They have cap issues they could just pay him instead of taking a chance on our cast offs
Exactly.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:17 PM
GarretJoseph*

Whens the last time Eklund got something right?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Whens the last time Eklund got something right?
Possibly in a previous lifetime... yeah right. lol.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesRLikeWins4Us View Post
Kings fan here..

haha..i believe it.......stupid Ek

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
First off a lowball offer is orr, hollweg, and a garbage pick. A second round pick in this years draft, which is suppossed to be a deep draft, is more like a late first round pick. Prucha I would say could benefit from a change of scenery, I agree he is not a 2nd liner on most teams, hes a third liner who can put up some points and play some powerplay, he would also benefit from being in the west as oppossed to the east. Moore is a player who has decent touch and could be a third liner with second line potential on another team, he is buried here behind dawes, pru, and callahan. I also mentioned other players like korpedo, pyatt, sauer, etc who could also be involved in the deal. Im not going on the kings board proposing this trade, Im just saying what I think Sather would offer and that is my opinion. If you look at his track record, he has only overpaid on a few trades as rangers GM (lindros, gusarov, and ozo) and two of those trades were deadline deals. He is very good at not overpaying, if you want to say that deal doesn't work for the kings thats fine, thats your opinion, but if you think we will trade a top prospect and callahan or girardi for O'sullivan you need to take a better look at sather's track record.
Prucha may get the ice time he needs now.......give the damn guy a chance he is 25

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Kings fan here..

No sweat. When Eklund says a team is interested in a player, that player signs a multi year extension the next week

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:36 PM
jniklast

well if he is an rfa, and the kings have some financial trouble (or why are they below the cap?) why not throw something like a 39M$/10yr offer sheet at him, with 30M$ paid in the first year
of course sather wouldn't be welcomed anymore at GM-parties, but still it would be funny

Last edited by jniklast: 07-06-2008 at 07:41 PM.
jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Prucha may get the ice time he needs now.......give the damn guy a chance he is 25
I don't have a problem with prucha, i just think dawes is better suited to the direction the team is going in and prucha is not a top 6 forward to be. I would love to be proven wrong and eat some crow, but I don't see him returning to previous form as a ranger. I also do not want a 3rd line of prucha-fritsche-callahan, that is a very small 3rd line and we are not very big on the first two lines either

I just see one of dawes, cally, prucha as the odd man out and prucha makes the most money and was the least productive last season especially down the stretch and into the playoffs

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:52 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Kings fan here..

while it does make sense for the Rangers to want to go after someone lik O'Sullivan, the Kings aren't letting him go for nothing short of huge overpayment....which is a good move on their part since he is going to be very good. the Rangers don't want a top 6 winger THAT much.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:17 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Kings fan here..

O'Sullivan has a checkered history off the ice. I am not sure why he would be in play right now but where there's smoke, there's usually fire. If he's untouchable, thanks for playing and drive home safely. If he is avaialble he is damaged goods and will come at a discount.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
If we're giving up Rozsival, the Rangers would require a 5/6 d-man back. Preissing perhaps? Our defense is thin as it is. Fair in terms of value though IMO, and I'd love to unload Rozsival's albatross contract if at all possible.
Id go with Potter or Pock. Pock was good enough two years ago to earn a one way two year deal. If that fails look to make a trade or if Bobby Spaghetti is ready.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Jimmy Collins

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy Collins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Bingo. +1

Jimmy Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Yellot00tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
while it does make sense for the Rangers to want to go after someone lik O'Sullivan, the Kings aren't letting him go for nothing short of huge overpayment....which is a good move on their part since he is going to be very good. the Rangers don't want a top 6 winger THAT much.

just wanted to point out that it was basically what everyone's consensus was on bernier too-that either there was no way he'd be traded, or that he'd cost us an arm and a leg. he didn't get moved for much either, so everyone's just speculating right now(as much as we'd like to see him come to the rangers for a 4th round pick in the 2029 draft) on what we'd have to give up. we have no idea what LA thinks of him, what they believe he'll become, how they value our guys, or what their financial situation is really like(ok, on this point we might have a clue, but on every other point we don't really have any idea). on another note we can't go around robbing everyone-no other team'll b willing to trade with us if they're thinking everything is so one sided. i'd love to get both o'sullivan and vermette in a 3 team deal with us giving a 5th round pick to both teams in the next two coming year's draft, but that's wishful thinking

Yellot00tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Mr. Funky
My point is that we don't need to overpay to get O'sullivan
sather basically ripped off columbus for zherdev, I would have traded tyutin and backman for Zherdev alone, and he got fritsche in the deal as well. If we aren't good trading partners with LA that is fine, but there is no harm in trying to deal prucha, a prospect and a pick for O'sullivan. No one said LA had to deal O'sullivan, this thread is just throwing around trade ideas, if you don't think the one i've offered is good enough thats your opinion, but it's not an insulting one. Its not as if I am offering orr, hollweg, and a 5th round pick

Staal, dubi, lundqvist are essentially untouchables IMO, gomez, drury, and redden are untouchable due to contracts

You want to talk callahan and girardi, Im sure sather would talk about it, but I would rather have those two players than O'Sullivan. I have no problem going into this season with the roster we have, seeing how these players mesh and making a deal down the road

your team is set up very nice, and yes Slats fleeced Columbus hard. I hate the fact that he signed Rosival to such an expensive contract when he could have traded for a similar dman with less of a contract but that is life. I still follow the Rangers as I was a die hard Gretzky fan so I want them to do well, especially when my team is going through another rebuild, although this time it looks the right way.

As for youth on your team you have 2 keys locked up, Lundqvist and Staal. I was really hoping Slats would do a rebuild around them but locking up vets for 6 years is pretty much the same. I believe you are 1 winger short of being dangerous and I would like to see Demitra sign with you as he and Naslund on the 2nd line being fed by Gomez would be awesome. Frees up Drury to feed Zherdev / Prucha and possibly Cherepanov next year and Dubinsky to mesh with Callahan and Sjostrom or Rissmiller.

The only defenseman I dont like is Rosie but as a #3 paired with Girardi behind a pairing of Redden and Staal you guys and Lundqvist are set. Not to mention MAra and Kalinen, it is looking like you may get past he 2nd round.

I too don't think the 2 teams mesh as both are loaded with 3rd and 4th line overflow. O'Sullivan is probably more needed in L.A then any other team. He is due for a raise which will help us reach towards the floor. I think Slats will move some lower players, I just hope Prucha is not one of them as he needs a chance to shine.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

I'd rather make a run at Pierre-Marc Bouchard who may end up on the trade block in the coming weeks.

I doubt O'Sullivan is even on the block...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:22 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I'd rather make a run at Pierre-Marc Bouchard who may end up on the trade block in the coming weeks.

I doubt O'Sullivan is even on the block...
isn't he a center?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
isn't he a center?
He plays LW as well I believe.

Be nice to have him setting up Drury on the second line. However, I think he'll be expensive.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:40 AM
NYR Viper

Vermette!!!!

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
isn't he a center?
I'm pretty sure he is a winger....

here is the article i read about his status..

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...lightModules:2

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:09 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

he would be a solid addition.......although i would rather vermette, pretty much any of o'sullivan, vermette or PMB would be HUGE upgrades over whoever elese is going to play on the second line

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 50
Quote:
Kings fan here..

We must remember that this is the same guy who said last year that the Rangers were thinking of trading Staal and a first for Neidermeyer.

Staal is as untouchable as it gets in the Ranger organization outside of lundqvist.

I wouldnt give Staal for O'sullivan. Not even close.

Prucha Sanguenetti 2nd 09, 1st in 10 3rd

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

He does play both, however, we're going to have to give up a lot to get him. Plus, I don't think Sather is going to want to take on a player that is looking for big money next season when we are so tight up against the cap as it is. The only way I see PMB winding up in Ranger blue is if Dubinsky and Prucha are part of the deal. They'll both be RFA's next season so that clears some space to allow for PMB's larger contract.

However, PMB is even smaller than any of our forwards we have now. Dubinsky isn't the play-maker that PMB is, but he's got size and thats not something I could see him giving up at this point.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 10:21 AM
avery16*

first i dont see the rangers getting bouchard as good as he is that doesnt make sense he is a little tiny guy.. good but small..

anyway what if the rangers traded dubinsky and bobby sangs to the kings for osullivan..

dont get me wrong i really like dubinsky and the kid is real good, he has some good hands, size, and decent speed.. he looked good with jagr, but who doesnt.. thats my worry with dubi right now, whats going to happen without jagr, will he suck, and will his value go down? i dont know, but honestly with drury and gomez dubinsky is tradeable, especially if patrick o sullivan is coming back..

second the rangers have some d prospects right now, not only that they got redden and rosy locked up.. so sangunitti becomes some what expandable.. and as good as he could be he could bust..

now ranger fans, because i am one, might feel this is a bit much.... but dont forget about the player we are getting, as a few of you pointed out he fits this team so well.. and if he does have a problem and the kings want to get rid of him for a reason, i think that fits the rangers even more.. notice the moves sather makes all the time, he is always getting other teams "trash" avery, jagr,nylander, straka, sykora,ozolinsh (not one of the good ones) backman (who played decently while here, not great, not sad to see him go) rosy, zherdev, naslund, i have a feeling voros is going to become a player like this as well, i see him doing real well in ny..

this is sathers m.o. he likes to get the players who have fallen out of favor with their teams and for some reason in the past its worked out real well, especially since the lockout..

avery16* is offline   Reply With Quote