HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams you should expect to start trading/signing.

Old
07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Teams you should expect to start trading/signing.

Teams under the cap floor.

Atlanta - 30.919M
Columbus - 36.062M
Los Angles Kings - 27.756M
New York Islanders - 39.623M
Phoenix Coyotes - 37.987M

Teams over the cap Ceiling.

Chicago Blackhawks - 58.608M
Philidelphia Flyers - 60.592M

Expect these 7 teams to do some trading/ over signings. They might even do some business amongst this group.

Last edited by Analyzer: 07-06-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Harbinger04

maybe khabibulen to columbus to mentor leclair?

Harbinger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Well I'm glad MY team is over the cap floor.

And under the cap ceiling, too!

(Just barely!)

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsftw! View Post
Do you really think Leclaire needs mentoring? He's not the problem in Columbus.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:03 PM
TheHMan

I have the feeling that Ottawa is going to make some moves over the next couple days. It may even shuffle Meszaros or Vermette off to a number of different teams. Some of the speculation seems all over the board right now, so I'm not even sure what's going to happen.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:19 PM
The Puck

Columbus still has to sign Leclaire and Umberger which will cost a minimum of 7-8M+ per year.

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

PLEASE TAKE SYDOR

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:30 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Ship View Post
Columbus still has to sign Leclaire and Umberger which will cost a minimum of 7-8M+ per year.
Yep. I have them at about 40 mil right now without those two signed. Their payroll will end up being in that 48-50 mil per range.

Columbus is expected to sign a 3rd line center (will probably bring Peca back) and once they get Umberger/Leclaire signed I think they are pretty much set til camp.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The only moves the Flyers really have to make is putting Rathje and Hatcher on LTIR and that's it. They will at some point make another trade.

By the way, your numbers are taken conveniently so that both the Blackhawks and Flyers are over the cap. Sir you are mistaken, first of all, the Hawks currently are UNDER the Cap, although (a) that is only with 20 players on the roster and (b) they will make room at some point, a betting make would say that move would be to trade Khabibulin.

You also list the Flyers payroll at ~$60.6M (which is correct) when their cap number is actually only ~$892K over the cap. The only thing we really need to happen to get under is for someone to miss the first month of the season, which will likely happen with Hatcher.

Last edited by GKJ: 07-06-2008 at 02:43 PM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:39 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsftw! View Post
$6.5M worth of mentoring?

You can buy the DVD version for $29.95 + S&H.

DelVecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelVecchio View Post
$6.5M worth of mentoring?

You can buy the DVD version for $29.95 + S&H.
You could probably even find it on Ebay for less then that!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:45 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The only moves the Flyers really have to make is putting Rathje and Hatcher on LTIR and that's it. They will at some point make another trade.

By the way, your numbers are taken conveniently so that both the Blackhawks and Flyers are over the cap. Sir you are mistaken, first of all, the Hawks currently are UNDER the Cap, although (a) that is only with 20 players on the roster and (b) they will make room at some point, a betting make would say that move would be to trade Khabibulin.

You also list the Flyers payroll at ~$60.6M (which is correct) when their cap number is actually only ~$892K over the cap. The only thing we really need to happen to get under is for someone to miss the first month of the season, which will likely happen with Hatcher.
Although I suspect that Philly will want to be further under the cap at some point to allow them to have flexibilitiy to potentially bring in help for the playoff run. we'll see.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:51 PM
LosT_PropheT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
You could probably even find it on Ebay for less then that!
With a couple extra bucks, you can find a better mentor too...
I hear Dryden has one for 34.95...

LosT_PropheT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

The Isles also have I believe 6 guys going to arbitration, so that salary number will go up in time.

Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Teams under the cap floor.

Atlanta - 30.919M
Columbus - 36.062M
Los Angles Kings - 27.756M
New York Islanders - 39.623M
Phoenix Coyotes - 37.987M

Teams over the cap Ceiling.

Chicago Blackhawks - 58.608M
Philidelphia Flyers - 60.592M

Expect these 7 teams to do some trading/ over signings. They might even do some business amongst this group.

07-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Wheatking

You just gotta think the Canucks will make a move to improve their top 6.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:00 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:

Doesnt matter if Hatcher misses time, Philly still needs to be UNDER the cap by opening night, not a month in. and LTIR doesn't count i dont believe (B/c a person's salary on LTIR still countsw against the cap, LTIR just means you can sign a replacement player for up to that amount), so Philly still needs to shed that $892k somehow, LTIR won't do it.

A Cap expert can correct me if i'm wrong on that, but that's how i understood it

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:13 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Doesnt matter if Hatcher misses time, Philly still needs to be UNDER the cap by opening night, not a month in. and LTIR doesn't count i dont believe (B/c a person's salary on LTIR still countsw against the cap, LTIR just means you can sign a replacement player for up to that amount), so Philly still needs to shed that $892k somehow, LTIR won't do it.

A Cap expert can correct me if i'm wrong on that, but that's how i understood it
You are wrong because that's the whole idea of LTIR is to put your players on it who aren't going to play until later in the season, if at all.

Also if someone gets hurt and only misses a month they only need to go on IR and the Flyers not call anyone else up. You don't have to use the cap space you gain to replace players when they get hurt. On LTIR that player comes off the cap entirely. Ask Richard Matvichuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Although I suspect that Philly will want to be further under the cap at some point to allow them to have flexibilitiy to potentially bring in help for the playoff run. we'll see.
When Rathje goes on and if Hatcher does to (Holmgren has said that Hatcher is starting the year on LTIR) the Flyers will be ~$1.5M under the cap to start the season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Vancouver's top 6:
Sedin/Sedin/Bernier
Raymond/Wellwood/Pyatt

You have to think that Mike Gillis isn't done.

I also think that we'll see some tinkering from the Wild and the Flames. T-Bay too, but only because they are never satisfied.

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:

If you look at IB's current list, it is really 19 players, the 20th is Curtis Brown which is a buy out.

Sending Barker down for Hendry and bring in Versteeg (cheapest contract for the Hawks) for the 20th player still puts us over.

I have a whole bunch of Hawk Cap scenarios here
link

There is no way out from over the cap w/o moving Khabby,Lang or Havlat.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The cap floor is not an issue for the Coyotes. I think you need to double check your numbers. Carcillo still needs to sign, Bryzgalov is getting a big raise, Boedker and Turris will both have cap hits similar to Mueller's last year, Olli Jokinen has been added, ect. ect. They are over the lower limit, no problem.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:30 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARADISO8116 View Post
The Isles also have I believe 6 guys going to arbitration, so that salary number will go up in time.

Sal
Yeah i think when the ISlander have all there RFAs signed they should have a cap number at about 41-42M. I do think they might be open to trades that teams want to unload player X and give us something for there trouble(say a 3rd rounder)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:40 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
You are wrong because that's the whole idea of LTIR is to put your players on it who aren't going to play until later in the season, if at all.

Also if someone gets hurt and only misses a month they only need to go on IR and the Flyers not call anyone else up. You don't have to use the cap space you gain to replace players when they get hurt. On LTIR that player comes off the cap entirely. Ask Richard Matvichuk.

When Rathje goes on and if Hatcher does to (Holmgren has said that Hatcher is starting the year on LTIR) the Flyers will be ~$1.5M under the cap to start the season.
Is it just me, or is the Cap becoming more and more useless by the year?? Seems to be no motivation not to go spend-crazy b/c there's a lot of loopholes..

So if we assume Hatcher goes on LTIR, that puts Philly about $2.6M under, but they still need 2 forwards (Thorsen + a scrub) and a D-man, which will put them at about the limit (and in trouble if Hatcher comes back). So there probably still will be a move made still to get some room.

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:46 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Columbus still needs to sign Umberger and Leclaire, Howson says he still might be in the market for third line forward, probably a center... Chances are Derick Brassard will be starting out in the top six on Opening Night.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:51 PM
andimgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The cap floor is not an issue for the Coyotes. I think you need to double check your numbers. Carcillo still needs to sign, Bryzgalov is getting a big raise, Boedker and Turris will both have cap hits similar to Mueller's last year, Olli Jokinen has been added, ect. ect. They are over the lower limit, no problem.
Link

$41,547,500

RFA's: Carcillo, Perrault
Unknown cap hit: Boedker

After the RFA's are taken care of, that's pretty much it for the Coyotes.

Last edited by andimgone: 07-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.
andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Hyperkookeez*

atlanta definitely needs to pick up the pace

calgary may also make another fair sized trade to get a top6 forward

ive got a hunch a trade is coming between chicago and either atlanta or the kings

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote