HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

teams that could be the sellers

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 09:55 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
teams that could be the sellers

Chicago with the Sully trade firmly became seller---Daze(injured), T-blow(injurd), AZ, and everyone over the age of 26 is available on this team

Columbas--like Chicago--the vets are on the table

Anaheim--everyone but Sergie would be my bet

Phoebix--Like last year--they will be buyers and sellers--tinkering with their line up

Edmonton--Salo, Oates, Smith,and laraque are the names that come up the most

Pitts--Besides Tarnstrom--they got not one else

Washington---After Lang gets moved how long before Witt, Gonchar, Kolzig. I think you will see the caps move Ollie the goalie with Kolzig

Carolina--Francis and O'neil names are being thrown around--Francis may want one more cup before he leaves---He may end up in Philly. All vets are available on this team.

Atlanta and Florida are on the line or what they want to do. Some say they are sellers, while others say they are buyers.

NYR----Who the hell knows what this psycho's of the NHL will do-- trade for A-rod

Old
02-17-2004, 09:57 AM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

vCash: 500
Minnesota isn't far from being a seller.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:58 AM
swiftsure1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
Minnesota isn't far from being a seller.
What about Gaborik..could he be had??

Old
02-17-2004, 09:59 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

I doubt Witt will be moved by the Caps. He is not that expensive, and is the one true d-d-man they have.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:02 AM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftsure1786
What about Gaborik..could he be had??

Maybe for your 3 best players and 3 first round picks...

No he's pretty much untouchable.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
Anaheim--everyone but Sergie would be my bet
Hard to say, but we'll know for sure in a week or so
Murray has said he doesn't want to trade core players, then he went back to say that he would be willing to trade core players.
What that means to me is that he won't be trading just because the team didn't play well or just because he's not in the playoffs. There could be some trades with Anaheim, but I figure they will be deals that will help and work for Anaheim and not just be salary dumps.
To me, that means that most of the core is safe in Anaheim, unless a offer that cannot be refused comes along.
I could see Gerber leaving, possibly a defenseman, and a depth forward like McDonald or Krog.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:04 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

I think Minny will somewhat stand pat--Zholtek might be moved

Old
02-17-2004, 10:08 AM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

Quote:
I think Minny will somewhat stand pat--Zholtek might be moved

IMO if we could, we probably would get rid of the following: Fernandez, Zholtok, Brown, Dowd, Bombardir, Marshall, Hendrickson...

Not the best list of Vets...but Brown or Bomber would make good emergancy defensemen..

Old
02-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i still doubt the oilers trading Jason Smith unless the oilers get a no. 1 goalie (someone like Biron)

someone Oates him off the oilers hands please
Salo i don't see bring traded at all (who would actually pay a good price for him no one really), even still its saving 500K or so, with Conklin (broken wrist stick hand i believe) Lowe will end up riding Salo the rest of the season. ***unless of course Lowe actually trades for another goalie that could start in the NHL***

Laraque won't be traded asking price is too high for him (1st round pick)

Old
02-17-2004, 12:05 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Pitts--Besides Tarnstrom--they got not one else
well, tarnstrom probably wont be going anywehre cause he's cheap and a good bang for the buck. otherwise, all the pens have are depth players, so we'll probably end up with about 4 7th round picks in the next draft.

Old
02-17-2004, 12:16 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCoN
IMO if we could, we probably would get rid of the following: Fernandez, Zholtok, Brown, Dowd, Bombardir, Marshall, Hendrickson...

Not the best list of Vets...but Brown or Bomber would make good emergancy defensemen..
Hendrickson and Marshall are basically crap. Wallin and Veilleux can be had too along with Holmqvist.

Old
02-17-2004, 12:28 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Hard to say, but we'll know for sure in a week or so
Murray has said he doesn't want to trade core players, then he went back to say that he would be willing to trade core players.
What that means to me is that he won't be trading just because the team didn't play well or just because he's not in the playoffs. There could be some trades with Anaheim, but I figure they will be deals that will help and work for Anaheim and not just be salary dumps.
To me, that means that most of the core is safe in Anaheim, unless a offer that cannot be refused comes along.
I could see Gerber leaving, possibly a defenseman, and a depth forward like McDonald or Krog.
What about Carney?

I think Murray will stay pat for the most part. I still think it's more of an off year for the Ducks instead of rebuilding. Giguere's having Theodore's season last year and I think he'll bounch back. Though with Disney getting bid on by Comcast and the Ducks up for sale, you never know.

Question for Minny fans, how much will Bombadir cost?

Old
02-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Kristofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Wallin and Veilleux can be had...
Just curious why you think the Wild would or should trade these two.

Old
02-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

The Hawks won't trade ''t-blow'' their GM know that without him the team is going no where .

Old
02-17-2004, 04:16 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
well, tarnstrom probably wont be going anywehre cause he's cheap and a good bang for the buck. otherwise, all the pens have are depth players, so we'll probably end up with about 4 7th round picks in the next draft.
I think Eastwood will grab a 4th at the deadline. Buchberger and Bergevin will grab around 5th and 8ths respectively.

Old
02-17-2004, 04:26 PM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Washington---After Lang gets moved how long before Witt, Gonchar, Kolzig. I think you will see the caps move Ollie the goalie with Kolzig
Witt will not be moved.

Lang, Kolzig, Bondra and Gonchar have all been rumored, but IMO, none of them are going anywhere. The Caps Management suffered a really bad fan backlash from the Jagr trade (much worse than they imagined I'm sure). McPhee has stated in the press that none of those 4 are going anywhere unless they are for "hockey deals." In other words, there is no fire sale or salary dump.

I don't see many takers for Lang because he's still due another $5 million/season for 4 more years. Gonchar will be RFA when this season is over (subject to change with the new CBA), and right now he's a bargain for what he offers ($3.6 million). Bondra has a team option left for around $4.5 million for next season and it might be picked up considering how much of a fan favorite he is and he's stated in the press that he "wants to stay" and that he wants to win a cup here in DC. Kolzig is the only player out of that group that I could see going. He, like Bondra is a fan favorite and a big time locker room leader, but he's stated publicly that if the Caps are going to rebuild with youngsters and cheap guys, he doesn't want to be a part of that because he wants a cup. Speaking of Kolzig, you stated, "I think you will see the caps move Ollie the goalie with Kolzig"... I'm going to assume you mistyped? But if not... Olie the Goalie IS Kolzig... Olie Kolzig.

Old
02-17-2004, 04:51 PM
t0mf00lery

I still think that Colorado is a perfect fit for Tommy Salo. He would adress their verteran back-up goaltending need.

Also he has an option on next year so whoever takes him could just walk away with no strings attached at the end of the season, or if they so wished they could exercise the option seeing it is a team option and not a player option.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:09 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillmont
Just curious why you think the Wild would or should trade these two.
They had their chances...Wallin is in a depth position and Veilleux hasn't worked out as well.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:47 PM
SomethingsBruin

Anyway StLouis gives up tckuck ot demtria both woul look nice as bruins

Old
02-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Plager05

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
I think Eastwood will grab a 4th at the deadline. Buchberger and Bergevin will grab around 5th and 8ths respectively.

Old
02-18-2004, 07:44 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

The only thing that is stopping the Washington caps from doing more lopsided trades is the NHL---The Caps owner wants to shed a few more contracts and try not to get any back----

It has been suggested by a few media outlets that the NHL stepped in when we were all talking about Bondra for Hnidy----

As for Witt from the Caps--if the Caps get two blue chippers for him--they would trade him

Old
02-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Marshall
Hi beat writers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
The only thing that is stopping the Washington caps from doing more lopsided trades is the NHL---The Caps owner wants to shed a few more contracts and try not to get any back----

It has been suggested by a few media outlets that the NHL stepped in when we were all talking about Bondra for Hnidy----

As for Witt from the Caps--if the Caps get two blue chippers for him--they would trade him

Link?

Old
02-18-2004, 12:18 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Two radio stations that are on line--tried to linc the report--but they sites did not post the comments. I e-mailed one station and the response was that the person who made the comment were guests on the show and only the hosts comments get saved to the site--something silly like that

Old
02-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
Lang, Kolzig, Bondra and Gonchar have all been rumored, but IMO, none of them are going anywhere.
There goes Bondra...

Old
02-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
There goes Bondra...
His inside sources are not the best .... in fact I predict nearly all the players he mentioned will be traded .....

Closed Thread