HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Scott Walker signed to extension

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2004, 04:33 PM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Scott Walker signed to extension

YES.



http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pr...p?item_id=4638

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 04:37 PM
  #2
wasting time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 4,887
vCash: 500
HA HA - TOO BAD MUCKLER!

PSYCHE!

wasting time is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 04:42 PM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,481
vCash: 50
After bringing in Sullivan you had to beleive they would re-sign him. It wouldn't make much sense to say Sullivan is in the future plans and then turn around and haul off Scott Walker.

Doan now Walker have re-upped, a sign of things to come (in the CBA)?

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
  #4
Mizral
Registered User
 
Mizral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Earth, MW
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,150
vCash: 500
The Preds are close to being one of the top up and coming franchises in the league.

All they need now is to have David Legwand break out, and more importantly, get some stronger financial backing. The Preds aren't necessarily going to lose their team any time soon, but they are in pretty dire straights in terms of having a shakey market place. The Preds need to make the playoffs this year pretty badly, and if they do that, they need to build on that success. They cannot afford to go back to being a bottom feeder at all.

The Preds are one of those teams watching the CBA negotiations closer than anyone right now.

Mizral is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 05:30 PM
  #5
HuskyFlames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
The Preds are close to being one of the top up and coming franchises in the league.

All they need now is to have David Legwand break out, and more importantly, get some stronger financial backing. The Preds aren't necessarily going to lose their team any time soon, but they are in pretty dire straights in terms of having a shakey market place. The Preds need to make the playoffs this year pretty badly, and if they do that, they need to build on that success. They cannot afford to go back to being a bottom feeder at all.

The Preds are one of those teams watching the CBA negotiations closer than anyone right now.
The Preds are decent upfront but lack bad on the defense. They have a couple good defensemen but after that they really drop off. I would think they would pick a few high defensemen this draft coming up. They are also relying on 1 goalie to keep them in the race. It has shown lately that when Voukon plays bad, the Preds lose. They need better goaltending depth as well.

HuskyFlames is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 06:15 PM
  #6
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames
The Preds are decent upfront but lack bad on the defense. They have a couple good defensemen but after that they really drop off. I would think they would pick a few high defensemen this draft coming up. They are also relying on 1 goalie to keep them in the race. It has shown lately that when Voukon plays bad, the Preds lose. They need better goaltending depth as well.
Yikes, that's a bad review of the Preds. Why would the Preds take any more defenseman? They have a load of them in their prospect stable. While we are relying on one goalie, we do have goalie depth. Mason has looked great in his short stints this year. We don't need better depth; we need better goaltending period.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 06:24 PM
  #7
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yikes, that's a bad review of the Preds. Why would the Preds take any more defenseman? They have a load of them in their prospect stable. While we are relying on one goalie, we do have goalie depth. Mason has looked great in his short stints this year. We don't need better depth; we need better goaltending period.

agreed. our defensive prospects are about as good as it gets, and mason hasn't let us down yet. we need vokoun to step up.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 07:07 PM
  #8
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,481
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
The Preds are one of those teams watching the CBA negotiations closer than anyone right now.
Instead of watching they should get active in it.

GKJ is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 08:17 PM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Instead of watching they should get active in it.
Leipold is the owner that is representing the small US markets in the meetings he can't get more active than he is, he was listed as the 27 most influential hockey person in some recent publication.

triggrman is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 11:17 PM
  #10
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
Anybody know how long his extension is for?

Higgy4 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 12:35 AM
  #11
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,117
vCash: 500
Scott Walker has really turned into a great player. I loved him while he was in Van, but he's really come into his own in Nashville. To me, he's synonymous with the Preds now. Great move by the team to re-sign him.

~Canucklehead~

__________________
Please visit my Official Facebook Page Mike Forward Writing for information on current and future releases.
Mr. Canucklehead is online now  
Old
02-18-2004, 01:20 AM
  #12
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
Scott Walker has really turned into a great player. I loved him while he was in Van, but he's really come into his own in Nashville. To me, he's synonymous with the Preds now. Great move by the team to re-sign him.

~Canucklehead~
I agree 100%. I think he has been superb for Nashville, and I applaude the Preds for re-upping with him. He is the heart of that team.

Higgy4 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 01:30 AM
  #13
BB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bahrain
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Ahh i remember his Wild Thing days when he was a bottom six grinder/fighter, now he has become an hardworking top 6...Walker deserves a good pay day after becoming a good and entertaining player. Wish he was still a Canuck, but hey he is a Pred for years to come.

BB is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 02:22 AM
  #14
predfan1510
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nashville
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
The Preds are close to being one of the top up and coming franchises in the league.

All they need now is to have David Legwand break out, and more importantly, get some stronger financial backing. The Preds aren't necessarily going to lose their team any time soon, but they are in pretty dire straights in terms of having a shakey market place. The Preds need to make the playoffs this year pretty badly, and if they do that, they need to build on that success. They cannot afford to go back to being a bottom feeder at all.

The Preds are one of those teams watching the CBA negotiations closer than anyone right now.
You hit the nail on the head about Legwand. He has absolutely GOT to light up the lamp come playoff time for the guys. He can score, but this year it has made some wonder if he really wants to be here. I for one, think he can, but does he think the same????

The re-signing of Walker is awesome news! Congratulations to Scott and to "Sully" for the new threads and team!!!!!

predfan1510 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 06:34 AM
  #15
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,921
vCash: 500
According to the Tennessean, the deal is a $6M, 3 year deal, pretty good deal for the Predators.

triggrman is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 09:47 AM
  #16
balddog66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
Congrats to Walker, I still remember when he was a rushing/fighting defenseman playing for the Owen Sound Platers with Maltby, Brunette, Primeau, Storr and Weekes...happy times in Owen Sound...hope Walker has matured off the ice though...

balddog66 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 10:45 AM
  #17
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,921
vCash: 500
He has, nothing but a class act now.

triggrman is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 11:25 AM
  #18
PredsMan
Registered User
 
PredsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Instead of watching they should get active in it.
Leipold is actually one of the 4 owners that is on the Negotiating commitee.

PredsMan is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 11:33 AM
  #19
Higgy4
Registered User
 
Higgy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
According to the Tennessean, the deal is a $6M, 3 year deal, pretty good deal for the Predators.

Yeah, good deal. Thanks for the info.

Higgy4 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.