HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tom Renny on ESPN1050

Old
07-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Tom Renny on ESPN1050

I only caught the top of this. Hopefully someone can fill in what he said at the end.

1. No problems with Avery in the locker room. Sorry to see him go it was just business/ $$$

2. Rangers wanted Jagr back but again it was just Business / $$$. He did acknowledge that guys , right or wrong, tended to look to JJ for offense instead of creating it themselves. THE TEAM WAS TOO PREDICTABLE.

He said to his knowledge Jagr had the Rangers offer and he kept them hanging with no answer and they didnt want to get caught flatfooted on July 1st. Sign to move on.

3. Sounded THRILLED about Zherdev. Very Positive about Naslund getting a fresh start in NYC

....Then my 4 yr old had to go potty "really really bad" ........hopefully someone else can fill in what I missed

07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

The team was too predictable.

Yep. Second that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
newyorkrangers11

I always think about the game Komisarek pounded JJ and didn't even watch to see if he still had the puck.. he just knew that the puck would eventually find its way to Jags thus he shadowed him.. doing that didn't always work.. but in that particular game it did.

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
1. No problems with Avery in the locker room.
so people can stop saying that he was a cancer. i know you're all experienced coaches, but........

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Teams double teamed JJ all year too. It contributed to his lite stats. Its basically was every teams strategy against NYR.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
so people can stop saying that he was a cancer. i know you're all experienced coaches, but........
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 'Cause Renney would've been SOOOOO forthcoming about it if Avery was a cancer.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I was waiting to hear if they asked about Shanny

Old
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 'Cause Renney would've been SOOOOO forthcoming about it if Avery was a cancer.
It was a sincere comment. He said they made a righteous offer but Sean got a better one. Business

Old
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Also curious to hear if he made a general comment to the effect of either "we're still not done - would like to add a [__________________]" or "yeah, this is the team we're going to take to camp - then, based on how things play out there, we may look to add one or two guys."

Anyone who can add more to Chariot's summary of the beginning of the interview?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:14 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
the funny part is you were so into the interview that you made your 4 yr old beg because they "really really had to go potty"

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
I was waiting to hear if they asked about Shanny
They did, and he said something about still trying to work something out with him.

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Im sorry, but hes gone.

You sound like an ignorant ex-girlfriend.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Also curious to hear if he made a general comment to the effect of either "we're still not done - would like to add a [__________________]" or "yeah, this is the team we're going to take to camp - then, based on how things play out there, we may look to add one or two guys."

Anyone who can add more to Chariot's summary of the beginning of the interview?

That was the last question I caught and he said something like "we're never done"

Old
07-07-2008, 04:18 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
the funny part is you were so into the interview that you made your 4 yr old beg because they "really really had to go potty"
Well we were coming home from the visit to "Grandmas" listening in the car and than I listened a bit in the driveway until he made his plight known

Old
07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Fletch

Cherepa...

just because Renney says he wasn't a problem in the locker room doesn't mean that he wasn't a problem in the locker room. The Rangers are a professional organization. Renney is a professional. The players, for the most part, have been professionals. I would never expect Renney to say that Avery was a cancer and I'm glad to see that SOB go. It's also possible the Rangers gave an offer to Avery they knew he would refuse (a la Steinbrenner to Torre, and many others). Ditto Jagr. Those things happen in business. It may sound stupid, but management doesn't want to look like the bad guy.

Renney didn't mention what the lines will look like?

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
he could've worded his answer diffrently if he had a problem with Avery...Also....Please provide a link to any Rangers player saying anything negative about Avery as a teammate....

if you are so sure he was a problem in the lockerroom please back it up with some factual data.....

Averys lockerroom "aura" and attitude has quickly become something that is talked about so much it becomes a fact yet nobody can prove it..nobody can ever provide anything that says he was a problem in the dressing room...do i personally think he had issues? yeah, he probably had somethings but lets not act like he was this nightmare when we have ZERO PROOF there was anything major going on....

Renney could've easily said "it was time to move on" or "Sean is a good guy but wore out his welcome"...no Renney said it's a business and he had no problems in the lockeroom and we still question it???

From what we SAW on the ice...you know the important stuff...Avery did everything you could ask of him...we aren't in the dressing room what do we care if Avery is a total ****** anyway?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I just realized this was on 1050 espn not the wfan sorry...maybe a mod should change the title

Last edited by I Am Chariot: 07-07-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Well we were coming home from the visit to "Grandmas" listening in the car and than I listened a bit in the driveway until he made his plight known

it reminded me of last yr when my wife's sister got married on the night of a rangers/sabres game (May 4th i believe) at Tavern on the Green... I called a good friend who happens to be an islanders fan and he didnt want to watch the rangers so he put the game on and left his cell next to the tv speaker...needless to say I missed the whole reception hidden outside listening to the game...and then drury killed us...i went inside and demanded we go home, lol

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
squishy

Which show was he on? Doesn't WFAN usually put the audio clips up on their site?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Fletch

SoS...

I don't know if he was (and at this point don't care), but I do know that Renney is good at choosing his words and saying the right thing. IF Avery was an issue, they've sat around and got on the same page regarding a message that would be delivered to people of the press when asked about Avery because they knew it was a question that would be asked. People would ask if he was a cancer (it obviously was, and one needs to know why it was asked), and there would need to be an answer that doesn't cause any harm to Avery. Again, not saying that Avery was a cancer since I have no way of knowing, but Renney's answer doesn't seal it for me either.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Renney didn't mention what the lines will look like?
He said it would be silly to talk about it in July, but that he has written down several combos. He sounded pumped about Niko

Old
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
He said it would be silly to talk about it in July, but that he has written down several combos. He sounded pumped about Niko
Haha, Renney says that every summer

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:33 PM
NJrocket24

two words. Company Line.

No way does he say anything negative about the past situations. That would just be stupid and inviting more controversey down the road.

Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

He said someone is really going to benefit from having Nikos high skills on their wing. He invisions a fast line, which I read into as being Gomez as C

Maybe they will have to draw straws

Old
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
he could've worded his answer diffrently if he had a problem with Avery...Also....Please provide a link to any Rangers player saying anything negative about Avery as a teammate....

if you are so sure he was a problem in the lockerroom please back it up with some factual data.....

Averys lockerroom "aura" and attitude has quickly become something that is talked about so much it becomes a fact yet nobody can prove it..nobody can ever provide anything that says he was a problem in the dressing room...do i personally think he had issues? yeah, he probably had somethings but lets not act like he was this nightmare when we have ZERO PROOF there was anything major going on....

Renney could've easily said "it was time to move on" or "Sean is a good guy but wore out his welcome"...no Renney said it's a business and he had no problems in the lockeroom and we still question it???

From what we SAW on the ice...you know the important stuff...Avery did everything you could ask of him...we aren't in the dressing room what do we care if Avery is a total ****** anyway?
Fow what it's worth, I doubt that Avery caused any serious problems in the locker room. He may have rubbed people the wrong way from time to time, but he seemed to be generally well-liked.

With that in mind SOS, I think people are just noting that simply because Renney says something isn't so to the press, doesn't necessarily mean that's true. Again, I'm NOT saying that I think Avery was a problem, but Renney saying to the media he wasn't a problem really doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote