HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Teams I cant wait to play!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2008, 05:30 PM
  #1
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 50
Teams I cant wait to play!!

Im hoping for a healthy fresh season where we dont get no injury bug that spreads all over this team and big breakout years by some of our younger guys...also on the wish-list is excellent chemistry right off the bat amongst the boys. That'd be Awesome!

but the teams I cant wait to play would be....

1. Calgary- just cause we "dislike" them so much and Glencrossed!....I hope we own them throughout the season.

2.Anaheim- gotta love Burkie and Prongs.

3. Detroit- Hossa wants a cup I guess . . . . . . . . . .

4.Dallas- these will be more funner games now with Avery, nevermind Ott and Morrow haha

5. Colorado- Smytty just couldnt wait, he needed a cup so bad....he could of been part of this Oiler future...meh, maybe later? lol

GO OILERS GO!!

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:34 PM
  #2
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
4.Dallas- these will be more funner games now with Avery, nevermind Ott and Morrow haha
Im not sure they really will be more funner. With some of our more injury prone players it may be less funner.


Im glad Avery is back out west though, never boring.

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
  #3
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Im actually really scared to play Dallas, I would prefer playing Detroit rather then them.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:37 PM
  #4
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Shouldn't the NHL schedule be up at most by next week, as I recall last year at this point in time, the Schedule was released on the internet.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
  #5
OF17
Registered User
 
OF17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
I'll be more excited than ever for intra-divisional play, as the we are the only team who definitely improved this off season, with Calgary the only other team that you can make an argument for. Vancouver games should be easy points for the next few years for sure, and Minnesota's offense won't be anything to be scared of. Colorado also has plenty of questions in goal, while losing a top-line scorer in Brunette and still not having signed Sakic.

OF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:43 PM
  #6
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
I'll be more excited than ever for intra-divisional play, as the we are the only team who definitely improved this off season, with Calgary the only other team that you can make an argument for. Vancouver games should be easy points for the next few years for sure, and Minnesota's offense won't be anything to be scared of. Colorado also has plenty of questions in goal, while losing a top-line scorer in Brunette and still not having signed Sakic.
not to mention Forsberg who was key for them during the stretch run.

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:46 PM
  #7
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post

3. Detroit- Hossa wants a cup I guess . . . . . . . . . .
I hope we don't boo him. We're contenders for him next year.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
  #8
OF17
Registered User
 
OF17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I hope we don't boo him. We're contenders for him next year.
I hope for the exact opposite. If I went to an Oilers-Wings game, I'd hold up a sign that said something along the lines of, "Marian, come to Edmonton next summer!"

OF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
  #9
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I hope we don't boo him. We're contenders for him next year.
I dont think Hossa is the best player in the NHL, but Im not saying that we will ever get the best player in the NHL.... Im thinking there might be more players at his calibre come around next summer, since this summer there wasnt to much to pick out of, but what do I know....and yeah I would love Hossa on this team.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:09 PM
  #10
Oilfan2
Oil the way..
 
Oilfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,009
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
I hope for the exact opposite. If I went to an Oilers-Wings game, I'd hold up a sign that said something along the lines of, "Marian, come to Edmonton next summer!"

Nah, We need "Hossa Sucks" signs, plenty of them. Who the devil wants to be the kid on the sidelines being told, "If this kid wasn't available, I'd definately have picked you", for pickup games, whatever..You don't really expect anyone, especially a star player, will sign with us, do you? I don't want to hear the Souray, Garon, Penner remarks because they're silly. The reality is we paid Souray around $2M more than anyone else. That's a lot of money and being from Alberta, what's the worst could happen? Garon chose us because he didn't have a lot of other offers and knew without anyone to challenge him, he'd get at least 30+ games in to show his stuff. Penner??? He got offered 8 times what he was being paid. Hell, anyone would take that.
Until there's a definite management change/shift, or we move 2000 kms south, players will shy away from Edmonton. Having said that, lets see how the team makes out under Lowe's changes and hopefully the drafting continues to improve. I'd give up on the pipe dreams of stars coming over and concentrate on 'home grown'.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:32 PM
  #11
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
I hope for the exact opposite. If I went to an Oilers-Wings game, I'd hold up a sign that said something along the lines of, "Marian, come to Edmonton next summer!"
How is that the exact opposite...

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
  #12
poetryingasoline
Registered User
 
poetryingasoline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I hope we don't boo him. We're contenders for him next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan17 View Post
I hope for the exact opposite. If I went to an Oilers-Wings game, I'd hold up a sign that said something along the lines of, "Marian, come to Edmonton next summer!"

I was thinking about this the other day. Maybe Edmonton fans should hold up signs like "_____ Play for Edmonton" for pending UFA's. Could endear the player for playing with Edmonton.

Thoughts?

poetryingasoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:39 PM
  #13
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I hope we don't boo him. We're contenders for him next year.

Boo him as loud as you can!!

I don't want him for 9.5 Million for 9 years!! ARE YOU CRAZY?

What if the cap goes down??? byebye Hemsky, byebye either Cogs or Gags.

You can't commit that much for so long on one player (not named Ovechkin or Crosby)

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
  #14
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan22 View Post
Nah, We need "Hossa Sucks" signs, plenty of them. Who the devil wants to be the kid on the sidelines being told, "If this kid wasn't available, I'd definately have picked you", for pickup games, whatever..You don't really expect anyone, especially a star player, will sign with us, do you? I don't want to hear the Souray, Garon, Penner remarks because they're silly. The reality is we paid Souray around $2M more than anyone else. That's a lot of money and being from Alberta, what's the worst could happen? Garon chose us because he didn't have a lot of other offers and knew without anyone to challenge him, he'd get at least 30+ games in to show his stuff. Penner??? He got offered 8 times what he was being paid. Hell, anyone would take that.
Until there's a definite management change/shift, or we move 2000 kms south, players will shy away from Edmonton. Having said that, lets see how the team makes out under Lowe's changes and hopefully the drafting continues to improve. I'd give up on the pipe dreams of stars coming over and concentrate on 'home grown'.

Montreal offered him 5.5 Million

100K MORE than Edmonton did. Where did you get your facts?

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
  #15
PDO
Registered User
 
PDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Montreal offered him 5.5 Million

100K MORE than Edmonton did. Where did you get your facts?
Difference being:

A) We frontloaded.
B) We offered a 5th year.
C) We gave him an NMC for 3 of those 5.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:46 PM
  #16
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
I dont think Hossa is the best player in the NHL, but Im not saying that we will ever get the best player in the NHL.... Im thinking there might be more players at his calibre come around next summer, since this summer there wasnt to much to pick out of, but what do I know....and yeah I would love Hossa on this team.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-centra...r=2009&pos=ALL
There are next years free agents. Although Im sure the list will look alot different by then.

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
  #17
hemigod
Registered User
 
hemigod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Montreal offered him 5.5 Million

100K MORE than Edmonton did. Where did you get your facts?
David Staples said the Oil offered 1 million dollars more than anybody else did in the tuesday journal

hemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
  #18
OF17
Registered User
 
OF17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
How is that the exact opposite...
Not the exact opposite of what you said, the exact opposite of the booing.

OF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
  #19
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemigod View Post
David Staples said the Oil offered 1 million dollars more than anybody else did in the tuesday journal
that would be completely different and new information than what was reported for the past year

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
  #20
hemigod
Registered User
 
hemigod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
that would be completely different and new information than what was reported for the past year
Not saying it is or it isn't. Just that I just finished reading it.

hemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:06 PM
  #21
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemigod View Post
Not saying it is or it isn't. Just that I just finished reading it.
well alright then

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
  #22
Section337
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 500
Teams I can't wait to see the Oil play = ANYBODY

I'm just plain ready for hockey to start up again.

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
  #23
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemigod View Post
David Staples said the Oil offered 1 million dollars more than anybody else did in the tuesday journal
I think he may have been talking about over the long term of the contract? Maybe he was unaware of Montreal's offer? As I believe Montreal did offer him 100k more per season but they offered him a 4 year contract as opposed to the 5 year deal we gave him.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
  #24
Luongo4VP
 
Luongo4VP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
does anyone know when the schedule is going to be released?

Luongo4VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:20 PM
  #25
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Montreal offered him 5.5 Million

100K MORE than Edmonton did. Where did you get your facts?
I don't remember that, I thought the Habs offer was slightly less then Edmonton's.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.