HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: David vs Goliath Feb 18, 2004 7:30pm MST on TSN

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 06:25 AM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Overall, I don't know whether to be impressed by the Oilers' effort tonight, or amazed at how bad the Avs stank. Just a sad effort from the Avs. They took the night off.
A bit of both actually. But the Oilers were forechecking hard. Een on a good night for the Avs, I thin the OIler teams that showed up would have given them a run.

Old
02-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks Oilers
I'll drink to that and regardless how they scored, garbage or not a WIN is a WIN!!

Rooks Oilers
Exactly. We rip this team enough when they lose. I not gonna rip them when they win. Tht was a hell of a depleted lineup tonight and even though the Avs have injuries as well, they still had top guys like Sakic, Hejduk, Selanne and Kariya.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Also, above all else, nobody has the right to say that a person shouldn't be posting here, ought not to post here anymore, or to 'go back' to another messageboard. Nobody short of the owners & administrators of this website at least.
Well said. And hey guys, if you don't like how someone posts or what they say, stick them on your ignore list.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:06 AM
gretzky2kurri

Okay I'll put the pom poms back on........because it's the "thing to do".

Great win.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:36 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
You know what I like?

Not watching a team consistantly struggle to make 8th, then lose in the first round. So if I have to put up with a struggling team for a year or two and then watch a young team grow.

It's not like you've been lied to... hell, I've been under this assumption since Lowe took over. The Ottawa Senators weren't built in a season you know.
who are the youngsters that are growing on the team???

Old
02-19-2004, 12:54 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
who are the youngsters that are growing on the team???
Hemsky, Torres, Semenov, Stoll first and foremost.

Then factor in that guys like York, Horcoff, Reasoner, Chimera, Dvorak, Isbister and Brewer are all under 27 years of age. That's a good chunk of the core that are still 4 years away from what is considered a players prime.

Heck, the only Oiler forward older than 28 is Adam Oates.

Old
02-19-2004, 01:26 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
(for instance, OGE said I was drunk for thinking Marty Reasoner wasn't gonna last this season, and to his credit, he was right and I was wrong).
Well... he didn't exactly last the season... but he would be in the NHL if he was healthy, not the AHL. Anyway, good of you to mention it. Maybe "drunk" was a little harsh...

Quote:
I thought that Jarett Stoll and Ryan Smyth both played their best games of the season to date (that I've seen at least). Tommy Salo wasn't tested much, which helps the Oilers cause.
Agree about Ryan Smyth. I think he's finally getting it together. Too bad for the Oilers that he wasn't playing like this in December.

Disagree about Stoll. He didn't do anything tonight that he doesn't do every night. The difference is that it paid off with a couple of assists tonight. I think matching up against a coach that didn't seem to respect his faceoff skills in the offensive zone had more to do with Stoll's assists than Stoll doing anything out of the ordinary. He just played his game last night.

Quote:
Also, for an elite team, Tony Granato is a terrible coach. This is the first game this season where I thought Craig MacTavish really outcoached the opposition.
I think what really drove the point home was the 2nd Stoll assist. I think the first assist was also off a Stoll faceoff win. Right before the 2nd one, Stoll won a couple of draws that both resulted in shots from the point. Granato does... nothing. Stoll wins another draw straight to the point and it's in the net. I mean, when a guy is winning faceoff after faceoff in your end and they're all resulting in wide open shots from the point, shouldn't you maybe put somebody on the ice who can take a draw?

Old
02-19-2004, 01:57 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Sounds like the Oilers came out determined to play and the Avs didn't, credit to the Oilers to go through and make the Avs pay for selling the Oilers short.

After every breakout I've said that the Oilers can do it, but I don't know a tough game against the Nucks coming up and the Nucks will be up for the game, let's just hope we get at least one forward back can't imagine Ferguson playing on the wing against Naslund or Bert

Old
02-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
Sounds like the Oilers came out determined to play and the Avs didn't, credit to the Oilers to go through and make the Avs pay for selling the Oilers short.

After every breakout I've said that the Oilers can do it, but I don't know a tough game against the Nucks coming up and the Nucks will be up for the game, let's just hope we get at least one forward back can't imagine Ferguson playing on the wing against Naslund or Bert
Naslund is injured I believe?

Old
02-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Taco Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Naslund is injured I believe?
Yeah, he got nailed in the noggin' by the Colorado rookie. Moore i think.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Grande
Yeah, he got nailed in the noggin' by the Colorado rookie. Moore i think.

Im not sadistic but thats very good news for the Oilers. Didn't he have a 4 goal game against Salo this season?

Old
02-19-2004, 02:35 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
Im not sadistic but thats very good news for the Oilers. Didn't he have a 4 goal game against Salo this season?
No, that was last year...

The Oilers haven't given up more than 3 goals in a game agaisnt the nucks this year ... er, well... maybe

Last edited by Lowetide: 02-19-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread