HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sergej Fedorov to sign with Capitals today

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2008, 09:50 AM
oko

vCash: 500
Sergej Fedorov to sign with Capitals today

As per Aleksandr Medvedev of KHL:

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/.../nl244331.html

Old
07-08-2008, 10:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
No idea what the hell that says, but I'll take your word on it that that's what it says.

Old
07-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Feds on D

I love it, haven't seen Feds this energized since the late '90s. Let's just hope he gets to stay with Semin.

Old
07-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Translated it
Quote:
Alexander Medvedev:
" Contract Ягра corresponds to a level of its skill "

The president of Continental hockey league Alexander Medvedev has expressed conviction that the concluded contract with "Avant guarde" чех Яромир Ягр will decorate the championship of Russia. " There were conversations, that Ягр has arrived to finish, the league did not need to be created. Here with such negative it is better to sit on a summer residence and to write memoirs, - gives Medvedev's of word of RIA of " News ". - At once I shall tell, that Ягр has arrived to not finish, and to play ".

" I with Яром
I see nothing in regards to Federov!

Old
07-08-2008, 10:10 AM
wolfofthesteppes
HFBoards Sponsor

I ran it through babelfish, and most of it appears to be about Jagr. However, the last line:

Quote:
Although it must upset you: Sergey Fedorov today, will most likely, sign contract from " [Vashingtonom]" , added Medvedev

07-08-2008, 10:10 AM
moop1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by oko View Post
Not sure how accurate this is. I seem to recall Tarik, the Caps beat writer, updating us saying that GMGM and Fedorov would wait until all the dust had settled - referring to all the left over RFA's (Laich, Morrisonn, Gordon, etc). If this is true, then fantastic.

Old
07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i put it into a translator and got this, keep in mind you may have to use a little common sense for some words

Quote:
The President continental hockey leagues Alexander Medvedev expressed conviction in the fact that the concluded contract from " [Avangardom]" the Czech Of [yaromir] Of [yagr] will decorate the championship of Russia. " There were conversations, that [Yagr] arrived to [doigryvat], should not have been to create league. Here with this negative it is better to sit on the dacha and to write memoirs, it gives the words of Medvedev RIA of " [Novosti]". - I will immediately say that [Yagr] arrived not to [doigryvat], but [igrat]". " I myself with [Yaromirom] personally talked on the eve of the signing of contract, since and " [Avangard]" , and league they were interested, what it has purposes of arrival into Russia, noted the President OF [KKHL]. - I he arrived not after the money. Our hockey players play for those money, which correspond to their craftsmanship. And the contract Of [yagra] completely corresponds to the level of its [masterstva]". " In this year in the championship of Russia there will be not only [Yagr], but also [Yashin]. And there are many other players, because the majority of commands fill the remained vacancies with the players of the highest class. This relates not only to the foreigners, but also to the Russian hockey players. Although it must upset you: Sergey Fedorov today, will most likely, sign contract from " [Vashingtonom]" , added Medvedev.

Old
07-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfornaro View Post
Not sure how accurate this is. I seem to recall Tarik, the Caps beat writer, updating us saying that GMGM and Fedorov would wait until all the dust had settled - referring to all the left over RFA's (Laich, Morrisonn, Gordon, etc). If this is true, then fantastic.
The exact quote from Tarik and GMGM:

Quote:
*The talks with UFA center Sergei Fedorov are moving in a positive direction. "We've talked to Sergei," McPhee said. "He wants to come here and is willing to wait until some of the dust settles. We'll continue to talk to him, but we're pretty confident that we'll get something done here."
Capitals Insider

Old
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Skk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
The exact quote from Tarik and GMGM:

Capitals Insider

While good reporting, that news is 5 days old. Perhaps the Caps are comfortable knowing that since Morrisonn and Laich will be heading to arbitration they don't have to worry about an offer sheet and can go ahead and get Fedorov back in the fold just so he won't slip away.

How exactly to fit the other RFA's in is a challenge but we all know GM's have a plan or assumptions to make things work.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfofthesteppes View Post
I ran it through babelfish, and most of it appears to be about Jagr. However, the last line:
Little known fact.

Vashingtonom is actually a little town near Kiev. They have a hockey team. And a billionaire owner.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
TOML

As good as Tampa Bay is getting, the caps seem to be better.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
McLlwain
Trevor Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Little known fact.

Vashingtonom is actually a little town near Kiev. They have a hockey team. And a billionaire owner.
I can't believe I actually googled that.
Congrats. You got me there. Big time.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLlwain View Post
I can't believe I actually googled that.
Congrats. You got me there. Big time.
lol.

whoops.

Old
07-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Speedy Russian

Haha !

And for Fedorov I really hope he will sign with the Caps.

Old
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Shoalzie

What's with the J? Is he from Belarus or something?

Old
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Habitants

this thread is funneh

great for the caps!

Old
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
What's with the J? Is he from Belarus or something?
From Estonia

Old
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
backs4mvp

Is this the same reporter that said Fedorov got a "humiliating" offer of 2mil from the capitals and is looking towards Russia? - just a couple of days ago

Old
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Clumsyhab

I wanted him with the Habs so bad, but I think he'll do fine with the Caps. Hopefully he gets a 2 year deal so he can get 500 goals.

Old
07-08-2008, 03:33 PM
PSUhockey34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
While good reporting, that news is 5 days old. Perhaps the Caps are comfortable knowing that since Morrisonn and Laich will be heading to arbitration they don't have to worry about an offer sheet and can go ahead and get Fedorov back in the fold just so he won't slip away.

How exactly to fit the other RFA's in is a challenge but we all know GM's have a plan or assumptions to make things work.
more up to date for you?:

AOL Fanhouse has posted a quote from KHL President Alexander Medvedev's who says Sergei Fedorov is not joining the Kontinental Hockey League because he will resign with Washington today. Such a report is premature according to Captials officials, though, who said the team is still in negotiations with Fedorov, that an agreement has not yet been reached and an there is no expected announcement.

Fedorov has said repeatedly that he'd like to return to Washington and general manager George McPhee has said they're working to bring him back if the numbers are right. McPhee has permission to spend up to the salary cap this year, but the question becomes will they have enough money for Fedorov after Brooks Laich's and Shaone Morrisonn's arbitration hearings?

07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
As good as Tampa Bay is getting, the caps seem to be better.
What have they added that makes them any better than the team that was in the playoffs last season? According to most of the experts Huit was pursued more than JT so they at best stay even in goal or are a little worse.

They lose Huet, Kolzig, and Cooke.

They gain Jose Theodore.

Did I miss some signings?

Tampa has improved much more than the Caps in fact it looks like the Caps lost a little if you ask me. Now if you are talking who is the better team that would be close at this point because Tampa has improved their roster a lot. The Caps young core should just get better over the next several years. Both teams D's are not great and they both have great offensive players and average goalies. I think the East will look like this.

1. Pens(Better team than at the start of last season)
2. Habs(lost more than they gained)
3. Flyers(lost more than added but still a team on the rise)
4. Rangers(Jagr, Straka, Avery, and Shannahan were 4 of there top 6 forwards gone)
5. Devils(Rolston should help in the scoring department but the team is old)
6. Caps(Have lost more than they gained but young players still getting better)
7. Boston(stayed about the same, maybe a slight gain)
8. Tampa(I think takes the 8th spot with a great top 2 lines)
9. Sens(got worse and were on the down slide last season, how the mighty fall)

I think Tampa will give the Caps a fight for that top spot in the division and the winner will get the 3rd playoff seating but won't be deserving of that spot just like last year. Some #6 seed will knock them out just like what has happened the last several season's with the #6 beating the #3.

Old
07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post
What have they added that makes them any better than the team that was in the playoffs last season? According to most of the experts Huit was pursued more than JT so they at best stay even in goal or are a little worse.

They gain Jose Theodore.

Tampa has improved much more than the Caps in fact it looks like the Caps lost a little if you ask me. Now if you are talking who is the better team that would be close at this point because Tampa has improved their roster a lot. The Caps young core should just get better over the next several years. Both teams D's are not great and they both have great offensive players and average goalies. I think the East will look like this.

4. Rangers(Jagr, Straka, Avery, and Shannahan were 4 of there top 6 forwards gone)

I think Tampa will give the Caps a fight for that top spot in the division and the winner will get the 3rd playoff seating but won't be deserving of that spot just like last year. Some #6 seed will knock them out just like what has happened the last several season's with the #6 beating the #3.
You missed a couple older signings.

Michael Nylander and Karl Alzner.

A #1 C and a player thought by some the best defensive prospect not in the NHL last year.

Also, Chris Clark will probably return and they'll have Boudreau to begin the year (the most important addition) with better goaltending than what Kolzig provided for 60 games.

Old
07-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY

07-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Nacho
Special

Makes sens to me, not like there is this guy called Nylander allready under contract...

Old
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post

They gain Jose Theodore.

How's this for additions: Michael Nylander and Chris Clark.
An 80 point center who's shown some chemistry with Semin, and the team captain that can put up 20-30 goals. Those are some pretty key additions for next year, pieces they didn't have down the stretch. Theodore's a huge question mark, he could be significantly better than Huet, or significantly worse. The Caps did fine when Kolzig was struggling, though, so they should at least get by with Theo even in the worst case.

Also there's Alzner, but he's an unknown at this point.

GMGM made it sound like he wanted Theo more than Huet at the deadline but the Avs weren't moving him, now most of that was probably CYA but it sounds like he's not worried about it at all, so that's comforting.

The Caps should be a better team next year, they'll have a full season of Boudreau and they'll be recovered from some serious injuries (just in time for some all new ones ).

Closed Thread