HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 season ticket invoices....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2008, 08:27 AM
  #101
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
2 Points I have to make here:

1)To all you season ticket holders who feel bad selling your tix at a profit to Rangers fans, DO NOT FEEL BAD!!!!
I cant afford season tickets (nor would I have the time to get full use out of them) but I do occasionally love the opportunity to go to the Garden. I'm fully prepared (as we all should be) to pay a premium to get a seat. Thats my punishment for not having season tickets for a team thats always a hot ticket that I love to go see. my only suggestion is to sell them on a place like craigslist, so when I'm making an offer I dont feel like I'm paying for fee's and crap related to sites like ebay, stubhub etc..

2)As for the annual increases, it appears to be a fact of life for every team, and totally expected from MSG with plans for a renovation. They all do it, 5, 10 ,15% a year, testing the fanbase, finding the upper limit they can squeeze out of us before they get a mass revolt. As long as your recieving a good product on the ice its
bare-able, but if your team sucks its torture...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:22 AM
  #102
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,525
vCash: 500
Put this way. Ticketmaster prices will probably be somewhere around $60 + fees. Last year they were about $54 plus fees when STH price was about $46. So if you sell your tickets for $70, it's almost the same as a person buying through TM.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
  #103
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I gotta be honest. This latest round of increases is appalling. It's really becoming quite a joke. It's one thing to have an increase every year (although I don't see where that is a rule) but these 14% yearly bumps are just out of line with reality. My 100 level seats have gone from 50 something bucks only 7 years ago to $89 this year. Not to mention my biggest pet peave of having to pay FULL price for meaningless pre-season games. By that logic the playoffs should cost the same price as regular season games, no? I really wonder what % of subscribers will renew this time around.
If you think thats bad, my 200 level seats got a 25% increase. The same 14% you got + 11% because I'm now "Center ice" even though my seats are on the goal line. My 200 seats are $100/seat...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
  #104
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
And by the way. All of you need to stop rationalizing the increases on the basis that this is NY and there is a waiting list. The Giants have a 10 yr waiting list and could easily get double what they charge. They choose not to out of respect for their fan base. This notion that its just business is ridiculous. Its never good business to gouge your long time loyal clients. The NFL understands that better than the other leagues which is why it's #1. These increases don't make sense on any level and demonstrate why Jim Dolan could only be an executive if his Daddy handed him a company...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
  #105
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
If you think thats bad, my 200 level seats got a 25% increase. The same 14% you got + 11% because I'm now "Center ice" even though my seats are on the goal line. My 200 seats are $100/seat...
Yeah, last year when they implemented the "center ice" section fees I believe it was only $2/ticket. Now it's like $11/ticket. That's a huge increase. So much that I wonder if I would actually still want to move over two sections towards center ice and have to pony up for it if they offered them to me.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 11:14 AM
  #106
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
And by the way. All of you need to stop rationalizing the increases on the basis that this is NY and there is a waiting list. The Giants have a 10 yr waiting list and could easily get double what they charge. They choose not to out of respect for their fan base. This notion that its just business is ridiculous. Its never good business to gouge your long time loyal clients. The NFL understands that better than the other leagues which is why it's #1. These increases don't make sense on any level and demonstrate why Jim Dolan could only be an executive if his Daddy handed him a company...

you mean the same giants that will charge some fans $20k a seat for the right to be a season ticket holder? ya think maybe that's why they haven't raised ticket prices at the same level?

also the NFL gets a ton more money from TV money then they do from gate receipts...the nhl is almost purely a gate driven sport....

if you don't want to pay the premium then don't....nobody is forcing you to have the luxary of season tickets.....

jim dolan probably has less to do with the price of tickets then any of us think...he isn't a market analyst that can fairly or unfairly assess the market...he's not going to say no to the people he hired recomendations to what the price of season tickets should be...

you want to make a statement don't renew.....if the majority of fans feel the way you do and are willing to act then you will see a diffrence in price...until then we are stuck paying for priveledge to go to the games...this isn't our right......

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
  #107
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Actually, bc of the tax break MSG, the Rangers and Knicks receive, IT IS OUR RIGHT. When you have been a season ticket holder for 25+ years, it is your right. When you suffered through 7 yrs of no playoffs followed up by a lockout and still support the league allowing it to survive... it is your right. If die hards like myself didnt show 4 years ago this league would have folded. On the backs of their most loyal fans, hockey has survived and is now prospering. How can you possibly say you aren't owed anything for such loyalty. How can you not be outraged now that its clear that loyalty is a one way street? They used us and spit us out like we are nothing. I will not attend Ranger games this year. I will not support this franchise anymore. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
  #108
jhnyr
Registered User
 
jhnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Actually, bc of the tax break MSG, the Rangers and Knicks receive, IT IS OUR RIGHT. When you have been a season ticket holder for 25+ years, it is your right. When you suffered through 7 yrs of no playoffs followed up by a lockout and still support the league allowing it to survive... it is your right. If die hards like myself didnt show 4 years ago this league would have folded. On the backs of their most loyal fans, hockey has survived and is now prospering. How can you possibly say you aren't owed anything for such loyalty. How can you not be outraged now that its clear that loyalty is a one way street? They used us and spit us out like we are nothing. I will not attend Ranger games this year. I will not support this franchise anymore. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Actually, you're wrong. The tax deal means nothing as far as we the fans are concerned.

Yes, the price increase is ridiculous. Yes, we have a right to be upset.

But no, we DON'T have the right to get lower increases.

Fact is, Cablevision is a private company. ****wad Dolan can absolutely charge whatever he wants for the tickets. We DON'T have the right to lower prices, not in any way shape or form.

Sucks, but that's the fact.

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
  #109
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Actually, bc of the tax break MSG, the Rangers and Knicks receive, IT IS OUR RIGHT. When you have been a season ticket holder for 25+ years, it is your right. When you suffered through 7 yrs of no playoffs followed up by a lockout and still support the league allowing it to survive... it is your right. If die hards like myself didnt show 4 years ago this league would have folded. On the backs of their most loyal fans, hockey has survived and is now prospering. How can you possibly say you aren't owed anything for such loyalty. How can you not be outraged now that its clear that loyalty is a one way street? They used us and spit us out like we are nothing. I will not attend Ranger games this year. I will not support this franchise anymore. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Actually the tax break doesn't really mean anything to season ticket holders. I think non-season ticket holders and non-hockey fans have more of right to complain about that people that have supported the team for years..

You have no rights as a season ticket holder....it isn't like season tickets mean your all of a sudden a shareholder in the garden...it means you get to go to games...NOTHNG more...

Call a lawyer and tell them you want to sue the Garden for Price gouging...tell them your arguments and see if you have any sort of case...my guess is you don't...

I'm not owed anything...I accepted long ago that the Rangers don't care about us nearly as much as I care about them.....i accepted long ago that if i don't want to buy tickets the garden is going to shed a tear......

I don't really care if i'm part of the problem...less fans means more beer for me!...i'll take that trade off...

i'm sure you don't need me to tell you life isn't fair....it's to bad you won't support the team anymore but i doubt the Rangers actually care..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 12:53 PM
  #110
sbresistor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
$100 a ticket for goal line 200s does seem pretty high. Maybe they can move you to the 400 level for $34 a ticket? it's not like they do not offer cheaper alternatives.

check out the Yankees - some people paying $250 a seat this year are being jacked to $800+ next year...there must be demand out there or they would never do this

sbresistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 01:10 PM
  #111
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,525
vCash: 500
It's upsetting that we lost a year of hockey and that we were told by that rat Bettman that ticket prices would be lower than ever and instead they are higher than ever. We were told that the NHLPA were the bad guys. Still doesn't mean I won't support my Rangers. Have been a fan all my life. I'll still go to games and still hold ST, if the price gets outrageous, then I'll just watch from home.

Are you going to stop buying food because the prices going very high now? Are you going to stop buying gas for your car? Everything is going up in price and tickets are no different. Of course the amount they are going up is ridiculous for something that isn't a necessity, but if there is a demand the price will keep going up until it (demand) drops.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
  #112
Staals Eye
What me worry?
 
Staals Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Thats what i want to see
LOL

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 03:58 PM
  #113
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Well I just pulled the trigger on another season. Somehow I don't see myself regretting it with the ease that I could sell tickets last year.

I expect demand for tix to be healthy. If this team comes out of the gate winning, demand will be huge by December. We shall see.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
  #114
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Actually, bc of the tax break MSG, the Rangers and Knicks receive, IT IS OUR RIGHT. When you have been a season ticket holder for 25+ years, it is your right. When you suffered through 7 yrs of no playoffs followed up by a lockout and still support the league allowing it to survive... it is your right. If die hards like myself didnt show 4 years ago this league would have folded. On the backs of their most loyal fans, hockey has survived and is now prospering. How can you possibly say you aren't owed anything for such loyalty. How can you not be outraged now that its clear that loyalty is a one way street? They used us and spit us out like we are nothing. I will not attend Ranger games this year. I will not support this franchise anymore. If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.
If you want loyalty get a dog, if you want to go to sporting events in the NYC region get the wallet out!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 04:47 PM
  #115
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
If you want loyalty get a dog, if you want to go to sporting events in the NYC region get the wallet out!
Great attitude. Give blind loyalty but expect nothing back. Do any of you people own businesses/have clients? Is the notion of a long term relationship lost on you? You do understand that this attitude is not accepted in any other business, correct? I might be old school even though I'm under 35, but to me relationships are everything, loyalty means something and remembering who helped you when you were down defines who you are when you're up. No wonder greed and corruption is at an all time high...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
  #116
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 9,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Great attitude. Give blind loyalty but expect nothing back. Do any of you people own businesses/have clients? Is the notion of a long term relationship lost on you? You do understand that this attitude is not accepted in any other business, correct? I might be old school even though I'm under 35, but to me relationships are everything, loyalty means something and remembering who helped you when you were down defines who you are when you're up. No wonder greed and corruption is at an all time high...
u pay for a product u get the product...the rangers aren't doing anything wrong or unethical...they raised prices if u want to complain about it be my guest but its YOUR choice if u want to go..

you can't compare your personal relationships with your relationship with a sports franchise...

the fact is the rangers could do more for their season ticket holders but they don't have too! you should voice your complaints to the rangers directly..I'm resigned to the fact that the team doesn't care about me personally and when the invoice comes I say "man this sucks" but I pay it cause the alternative of not going sucks even more...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
  #117
coolbean04
Registered User
 
coolbean04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
It's upsetting that we lost a year of hockey and that we were told by that rat Bettman that ticket prices would be lower than ever and instead they are higher than ever. We were told that the NHLPA were the bad guys. Still doesn't mean I won't support my Rangers. Have been a fan all my life. I'll still go to games and still hold ST, if the price gets outrageous, then I'll just watch from home.

Are you going to stop buying food because the prices going very high now? Are you going to stop buying gas for your car? Everything is going up in price and tickets are no different. Of course the amount they are going up is ridiculous for something that isn't a necessity, but if there is a demand the price will keep going up until it (demand) drops.
Seriously, you need to stop. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So now you're saying Rangers season tickets is a necessity like food?

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
  #118
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
So now you're saying Rangers season tickets is a necessity like food?
If I had the $, it would be the case.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
  #119
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
Seriously, you need to stop. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So now you're saying Rangers season tickets is a necessity like food?
If you read the rest of the post you would have saw that I wrote it wasn't a necessity. It's an extreme point, but everything is going up in price right now, not just NYR tickets, that's the point I was trying to make.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM
  #120
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Great attitude. Give blind loyalty but expect nothing back. Do any of you people own businesses/have clients? Is the notion of a long term relationship lost on you? You do understand that this attitude is not accepted in any other business, correct?
I buy gas at the same Getty station twice a week. All I've gotten from them in return is higher prices. I could go elsewhere, but I'd pay the same amount (or more) and I like the attendants and the service they provide there.

How is that any different?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
  #121
darrenturcotte#8
Registered User
 
darrenturcotte#8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I buy gas at the same Getty station twice a week. All I've gotten from them in return is higher prices. I could go elsewhere, but I'd pay the same amount (or more) and I like the attendants and the service they provide there.

How is that any different?
1) Because they pay property taxes
2) Because there is competition/other options
3) Because gas is a commodity

My issue is that die hard fans that bought tickets after the lockout saved the league. If your local gas station was on the verge of going out of business and you stepped in and helped, you would be disappointed in their decision to gouge you 4 years later...

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
  #122
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
DT: Sounds like you have some pretty good seats. Mine are lower 300 but not center. I was considering an upgrade, but not going to happen this year.

I think you just need to buy or not buy. You've made your point here. Some of us disagree. Not that I wouldn't welcome lower ticket prices. I just don't think that MSG, the Rangers, Sather,Dolan, whoever, is obliged to lower prices. It's their arena/team/organization. What R ya gonna do? Become a debbies fan?

Have you considered that you could probably pay for your first round of he playoffs with the sale of Graves Night tix?

BTW: Loved Turcotte.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
  #123
ghirshorn
Registered User
 
ghirshorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
Money is tight all over but I think it's a mistake to give up your season tix.

Economy will turn around and next spring when the playoffs are heating up you could be kicking yourself.

Just sell what you can't afford, but keep the subscription. It has value.
That is the answer right there, sell what you can't afford

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:44 AM
  #124
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
1) Because they pay property taxes
2) Because there is competition/other options
3) Because gas is a commodity

My issue is that die hard fans that bought tickets after the lockout saved the league. If your local gas station was on the verge of going out of business and you stepped in and helped, you would be disappointed in their decision to gouge you 4 years later...
I don't know what you want dt? Do you want Glen Sather to pat you on the back and thank you personally? If you don't buy the tickets, there are 5 people that will. If you don't think that's true then give it a shot

You have two choices, give up your tickets or just put up with the "abuse" from the Rangers. The Rangers don't owe us anything, just a seat for 43 games.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:12 AM
  #125
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
Have you considered that you could probably pay for your first round of he playoffs with the sale of Graves Night tix?
Haha, so your solution to DT's concerns is to engage in the exact same type of price gauging that MSG partakes in?

Actually, it's probably an intelligent suggestion and it touches on an interesting point that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet. Season tickets allow MSG to package all its games into one package for 1 price. That means the greater demand games and lower demand games all get sold for whatever average price they decide to charge. So the fact that there have been special ceremonies the last few years with Mess night and Leetch night, and now Graves night, is most certainly a contributing factor to the price increases.

Since MSG can not sell individual tickets for these high demand games for market value, they are forced to up the price for all tickets to all games in the hopes of recouping the money most season ticket holders will get for scalping their individual high demand games at market value.

While I don't immediately see a problem with that behavior, since as TrappedinNJ alluded to...u can always just sell the big games, and recoup your money and possibly even turn a profit. The real problem as I see it is what happens next year? Next year, there won't be a Graves night and you can bet your life that MSG won't be lowering season ticket prices either.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.