HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'08 - '09 Jersey Number Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
  #51
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGomezToZherdev View Post
In NHL 08, Jamtin wears 51.
Good to know, but I'm waiting until i get confirmation from the rangers website. Although they do have 2 #34's on the roster so who knows?

And now Zherdev doesn't have a number.... hold off on ordering those #13 jerseys folks...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 08:46 PM
  #52
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Good to know, but I'm waiting until i get confirmation from the rangers website. Although they do have 2 #34's on the roster so who knows?

And now Zherdev doesn't have a number.... hold off on ordering those #13 jerseys folks...
i noticed this and was waiting on someone else mentioning it....dare i say Sundin?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 09:01 PM
  #53
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
#13 should be retired in Nemchinov's name!




J/k

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
  #54
NYReign
Registered User
 
NYReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Where does Zherdev not have a number? I just checked the roster and #13 is still there?

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app?serv...rs&type=roster

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
  #55
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
i noticed this and was waiting on someone else mentioning it....dare i say Sundin?
you know how many angry hab and nuck fans there would be if mats signed a 700k contract with us.....it will never ever happen though

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:35 PM
  #56
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
#3 Michal Roszival
#5 Dan Girardi
#6 Wade Redden
#10 Nigel Dawes
#13 Nikolai Zherdev
#15 Blair Betts
#17 Brandon Dubinsky
#18 Marc Staal
#19 Scott Gomez
#20 Fredrik Sjostrom
#22 Lauri Korpikoski
#23 Chris Drury
#24 Ryan Callahan
#25 Petr Prucha
#27 Paul Mara we knew this, but now it's on the site
#28 Colton Orr
#30 Henrik Lundqvist
#34 Patrick Rissmiller
#34 Aaron Voros (no idea who is getting the number)
#40 Stephen Valliquette not sure why this isn't on the site.
#45 Dmitri Kalinin as per nyr.com
#49 Greg Moore

That's what we know so far as per the Rangers website and common sense... only waiting on Naslund (#91?) and Jamtin (?) I believe

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
  #57
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Where does Zherdev not have a number? I just checked the roster and #13 is still there?

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app?serv...rs&type=roster
And yes, it is back on the site but as I, and at least one other person saw, there was a period when it was blank next to his name. No idea why as it has now been corrected.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 07:18 PM
  #58
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,731
vCash: 500
Confirmed, Naslund will be #91




Zherdev also #13



Redden #6



Last edited by FLYLine24: 07-18-2008 at 07:23 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 01:48 AM
  #59
Ranger35
Proud of NYR
 
Ranger35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: Israel
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Wearing #19 didn't get Naslund a cup, so maybe this #91 is a reverse that brings the One Cup.

Hey, it's better than #93, that's for sure.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 02:32 AM
  #60
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
Wearing #19 didn't get Naslund a cup, so maybe this #91 is a reverse that brings the One Cup.

Hey, it's better than #93, that's for sure.
Are you hating on Petr Nedved? Cause I actually thought he was good for us... Averaged 72 games per season, 23 goals, 32 assists, 55 points from 98-04 with us. Yeah, who'd want that on our team. Tied with Shanny behind only Jagr/Drury in goals, 4th in assists, and 4th in points based on his averages with us vs. our regular season leaders. Gee, who'd want that on this team..... Look at his numbers before you hate on him. Petr Nedved played very well for the New York Rangers before being moved to Edmonton.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 11:55 AM
  #61
tors10
Registered User
 
tors10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
#3 Michal Roszival
#5 Dan Girardi
#6 Wade Redden
#10 Nigel Dawes
#13 Nikolai Zherdev
#15 Blair Betts
#17 Brandon Dubinsky
#18 Marc Staal
#19 Scott Gomez
#20 Fredrik Sjostrom
#22 Lauri Korpikoski
#23 Chris Drury
#24 Ryan Callahan
#25 Petr Prucha
#27 Paul Mara we knew this, but now it's on the site
#28 Colton Orr
#30 Henrik Lundqvist
#34 Patrick Rissmiller
#34 Aaron Voros (no idea who is getting the number)
#40 Stephen Valliquette not sure why this isn't on the site.
#45 Dmitri Kalinin as per nyr.com
#49 Greg Moore

That's what we know so far as per the Rangers website and common sense... only waiting on Naslund (#91?) and Jamtin (?) I believe
what about fritsche? moore has "his" #49...

tors10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 12:43 AM
  #62
Ranger35
Proud of NYR
 
Ranger35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: Israel
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Are you hating on Petr Nedved? Cause I actually thought he was good for us... Averaged 72 games per season, 23 goals, 32 assists, 55 points from 98-04 with us. Yeah, who'd want that on our team. Tied with Shanny behind only Jagr/Drury in goals, 4th in assists, and 4th in points based on his averages with us vs. our regular season leaders. Gee, who'd want that on this team..... Look at his numbers before you hate on him. Petr Nedved played very well for the New York Rangers before being moved to Edmonton.
It's not just the number, sure the Czech Mates were great, and he had his nice plays. But I came to associate Sam's "just wide" with Nedved, and then there's that bit on my hating the trade for him, as I still had faith in Kovalev.

I'm not saying Nedved was the worst thing to happen to the Rangers, there were certainly worse players, but I also don't think he's one of the best and I just didn't much care for him. You're free to have your own opinion on players, right? If you liked him, that's good for you, and I have no problem with it.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 12:44 AM
  #63
Ranger35
Proud of NYR
 
Ranger35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: Israel
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tors10 View Post
what about fritsche? moore has "his" #49...
I somehow think Moore isn't a sure bet to make the team, and I don't see how Fritsche doesn't make the team.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 01:09 AM
  #64
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
It's not just the number, sure the Czech Mates were great, and he had his nice plays. But I came to associate Sam's "just wide" with Nedved, and then there's that bit on my hating the trade for him, as I still had faith in Kovalev.

I'm not saying Nedved was the worst thing to happen to the Rangers, there were certainly worse players, but I also don't think he's one of the best and I just didn't much care for him. You're free to have your own opinion on players, right? If you liked him, that's good for you, and I have no problem with it.
Nah... he was never my favorite player, but I just knew that he put up solid numbers. Wasn't sure where the animosity was coming from... Now I understand... It's all good

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2008, 02:54 AM
  #65
D713B
Registered User
 
D713B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Orr wears 28.
Maybe he'll fight him for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0 View Post

And don't be so sure that Korpikoski is going to keep #22... he's changed his number multiple times.

When he first came to Hartford in 05-06 at the end of the season he was #45. Then he switched to #24 during the same season. In 06-07 he was #44, then in 07-08 he wore #28.
So its safe to say he doesn't care what number he wears?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Nah... he was never my favorite player, but I just knew that he put up solid numbers. Wasn't sure where the animosity was coming from... Now I understand... It's all good
For the team we had Nedved played very well. On a real competitor he would have been an above average 2nd line center. Unfortunately we did not have that privilige.


Last edited by D713B: 07-20-2008 at 03:01 AM.
D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
  #66
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
#3 Michal Roszival
#5 Dan Girardi
#6 Wade Redden
#10 Nigel Dawes
#12 Patrick Rissmiller as per nyr.com
#13 Nikolai Zherdev
#15 Blair Betts
#17 Brandon Dubinsky
#18 Marc Staal
#19 Scott Gomez
#20 Fredrik Sjostrom
#22 Lauri Korpikoski
#23 Chris Drury
#24 Ryan Callahan
#25 Petr Prucha
#27 Paul Mara
#28 Colton Orr
#30 Henrik Lundqvist
#34 Aaron Voros as per nyr.com
#40 Stephen Valliquette
#45 Dmitri Kalinin
#49 Greg Moore
#91 Markus Naslund as per nyr.com

Just going by what's on the Rangers website... they did change Rissmiller to 12 so I'll take it as legit. Before both he and Voros had 34.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 03:45 PM
  #67
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Never quite understood the people that go out and buy an expensive jersey of a player who has yet to play in a single game for the Rangers...

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 03:55 PM
  #68
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Never quite understood the people that go out and buy an expensive jersey of a player who has yet to play in a single game for the Rangers...
I'm not going to buy a new expensive jersey (yet), but someone made this thread so I've decided to keep the list updated. It gives me something to do. To each their own I guess...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
  #69
9darter
Soft Euro
 
9darter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Göteborg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Some players are incredibly supersticious about their jersey number.
Some players don't give a F.
Myself, I've always (3 times) gone for LNA (lowest number available). Easy that way.

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
  #70
SPG
Registered User
 
SPG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Utica, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I'm not going to buy a new expensive jersey (yet), but someone made this thread so I've decided to keep the list updated. It gives me something to do. To each their own I guess...
Yeah, I wasn't referring to you... just making a general comment

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
  #71
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Yeah, here you go:

who is #38?

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
  #72
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 500
For the third time in this thread, #38 is the elusive Jarrko Immonen.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
  #73
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
sucks that Immo was never given a good chance....i liked the way he played.
It was another instance of the Rangers using a skilled player in the wrong role, and then exiling him prematurely.

It has happened MUCH too often with this organization. But hopefully they are past that... or maybe not considering Prucha hasn't been used properly since his rookie season.

The list consists of: Amonte, Weight, York, Zubov (exiled much too quickly), Kovalev, Dvorak, Hlavac, Lundmark (yes, Lundmark, the skilled, smallish forward that was expected to be a power forward ), Immonen, Prucha, Pock... the list goes on and on.

I list Dvorak and Hlavac because their break out seasons were at the age of 23 years old with the Rangers, and were ousted right after.


Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 08-01-2008 at 10:02 AM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
  #74
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,973
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
It was another instance of the Rangers using a skilled player in the wrong role, and then exiling him prematurely.

It has happened MUCH too often with this organization. But hopefully they are past that... or maybe not considering Prucha hasn't been used properly since his rookie season.

The list consists of: Amonte, Weight, York, Zubov (exiled much too quickly), Kovalev, Dvorak, Hlavac, Lundmark (yes, Lundmark, the skilled, smallish forward that was expected to be a power forward ), Immonen, Prucha, Pock... the list goes on and on.
Amonte and Weight went for guys who were instrumental in winning the Cup.

Kovalev is what he was.

I hated the Mike York trade, but what is Mike York now?

The Zubiv deal was bad, but at leas there was a rationale to making it.

Are we really missing Hlavac, Dvorak and Lundmark? And Lundmark was never expected to be a power forward. He was expected to be involved with the play and show some offensive ability. And he is yet to score 30 goals in his entire NHL career. So it's hard to kill the Rangers for that. The only mistake might have been not trading him sooner.

Immonen? Why has no other team taking a chance on the guy? There must be some reason.

Pock is a fringe NHLer.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
  #75
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Amonte and Weight went for guys who were instrumental in winning the Cup.

Kovalev is what he was.

I hated the Mike York trade, but what is Mike York now?

The Zubiv deal was bad, but at leas there was a rationale to making it.

Are we really missing Hlavac, Dvorak and Lundmark? And Lundmark was never expected to be a power forward. He was expected to be involved with the play and show some offensive ability. And he is yet to score 30 goals in his entire NHL career. So it's hard to kill the Rangers for that. The only mistake might have been not trading him sooner.

Immonen? Why has no other team taking a chance on the guy? There must be some reason.

Pock is a fringe NHLer.
It doesn't matter who they were traded for, the fact is they went on to solid careers.

Dvorak and Hlavac were 23 years old when they posted 60+ point seasons. And right after were exiled. Doesn't matter that they are not missed NOW, the fact is if they had been kept in the roles they were in, they could have been successful.

Lundmark was NEVER USED PROPERLY. You can not take a skilled forward and throw him on the third line and ask him to grind n the corners and power his way through people. Again, he was used improperly and it severely damaged his career.

Pock is not a fringe player. He just made too much and was pushed off. He has the skill to play in the NHL.

I really don't care what anyone says Amonte, Weight, Kovalev, and York should NEVER have been traded. I could care less who came in and provided what for one year of fruition, the Rangers sold their soul for that Cup and suffered for it for over a decade after.

I would've taken my chances with then and Zubov added to Leetch, Graves, Mess, and GARTNER as well, for many years rather then sell it all off for one Cup.

I always say they sold their future and their soul for that Cup, and the mentality that came from winning it. Only recently have they gotten their soul back.

They have a long, proud tradition of selling off their highly skilled and (some)future stars for players on the back end of their careers.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.