HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundin in Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
With Sundin and Demitra here's what the Canucks lineup looks like:

Raymond-Sundin-Demitra
Sedin-Sedin-Bernier
Pyatt-Kesler-Burrows
Pettinger-Johnson-Hordichuk

Ohlund-Salo
Mitchell-Bieksa
Krajicek-Edler

Luongo
Sanford

Without Sundin here's what the Habs lineup looks like:

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Chipchura-Higgins
Kostopoulos-Lapierre-Laraque

Markov-Hamrlik
Komisarek-Bouillon
Gorges-O'Byrne

Price
Halak

I think you'd be real hard pressed to say that the Canucks lineup is worse then the Habs lineup.

You could argue that Montreals top 6 is better then ours however IMO our bottom 6 is as good if not better than Montreal, our defence is better then Montreal and Luongo is better then Price at least for now.

Any Hab fan that wants to argue that the Canucks are a "rebuilding" team with that lineup needs to get their head out of their behind.

I love your team and I think there's a great chance that Montreal makes it out of the East but with that lineup Vancouver is as good if not better then Montreal.

We're still going to be a solid defensive team but the difference is that we'll be able to score more goals and have Luongo shut the door.

When this team made it's amazing run in the 2nd half of the season in 05/06 they averaged over 3 goals a game. Vancouver is easily on paper the favourite to win the NW division with that lineup.
I strongly disagree but can we please get back on topic ? That mean the rumor about Sundin signing in Vancouver.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:21 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I strongly disagree but can we please get back on topic ? That mean the rumor about Sundin signing in Vancouver.
What do you see in those rosters that you disagree with? Will Price fold like a cheap tent again or not?

Old
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
actually it was about...Sundin being in the city.

but what you said works too!

Old
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Sundin would tip the scales in any team's favour, including Vancouver's, but since he's not a Canuck (at least not as of yet), I don't consider Vancouver's offense to be all that great. I would put Edmonton's forwards ahead of Vancouver's current ones, no question.

Defensively could very well be a crapshoot. I think the current Edmonton D corps of Visnovsky, Souray, Gilbert, Staios, Smid, and Grebeshkov is at the very least on par with the D corps they got to the 06 cup final with (Pronger, Spacek, Smith, Staios, Bergeron, Greene/Tarnstrom). Vancouver's got some nice balance of offense and defense on the back end, and I would like to see Edmonton's top 6 vs Vancouver's top 6 in an actual game, but lord knows that's a pipe dream given their injury history.

Goaltending is obviously Vancouver's advantage, that can't be disputed really.
Problem is the Oilers aren't without "injury issues" themselves (just look at all their injuries the past couple seasons). The success or failure of either club will rest on that. Still, on paper, the Oilers look to be better overall - at this point in time.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
If Smid and Grebeshkov step it up and play like the top prospects they were billed as, then yes Edmonton has a very nice blueline. Staios is blahh - a run-of-the-mil hardnosed defenceman. Souray and Visnovsky will provide some great offense, but those guys are pretty inept in their own zone. As for up front - they have depth but they dont have that elite, front line player. Guys like Horcoff/Cole/Hemsky/Gagner/Penner - these are top 6 forwards but they're boderline 1st liners and 2nd liners on a lot of teams.
the NHL is all about depth now...you need more tan just 1 scoring line...I'll take Edmonton forward depth over any team in the NW right now...

defense is a wash because neither Vancouver nor Edmonton's defense was healthy last year...I will say that Kings fan were devistated that Vish left LA...a lot were saying he was their best d-man...
Souray is tough and underrated defensively...oh ya, probably the best point shot in the league.
Staios is a warrior and quite good on the backend
Gilbert and Grebeshkov developed by leaps and bounds last year...Gilbert was playing the most minutes a game by the end and Grebeshkov really came into his own and was playing top-3 minutes on the blueline by the end as well
Smid is a wildcard...looks great some times, by horrible other...still really young so let's hope he excels playing less minutes

as for Sundin....I hope he retires and screws over everyone!

Old
07-09-2008, 11:26 PM
monster_bertuzzi

I like Edmontons lineup a lot better than Colorado or Minnesota's (and my teams...for now) but I think a lot of people are jumping the gun here dubbing them the front runners for the division. Fact is this division is wide open.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
GarretJoseph*

Where theres smoke, theres fire.

Old
07-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
People, keep it on topic, if you want to discuss which team is the best, go somewhere else..
You obviously didnt listen... I'm closing this thread. If another mod wants to re-open it and make sure it stays on topic, feel free..

Closed Thread