HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KOiVU is Not GOD

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 05:41 PM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPicard
it is not because you have written 4000 posts that you know hockey more than Pedneault himself!!!
You're obviously here to cause trouble, please leave.

Old
02-18-2004, 05:44 PM
MrPicard

I am here to express my self point!!!

Old
02-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Habs

I just spoke with Jesus, and I can confirm, Koivu is god.

He also said Ribeiro is not the second coming of himself.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:10 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Saku Corriveau Koivu sucks...
Still he's the best player we've got and one of the best centers in the league. EASILY top 15.

Quote:
he is not a captain,
Look on his jersey?

Quote:
he has no potential,
Not too bad as he's already a star as is.

Quote:
he is selfish... that's it... face the facts!!!!!!
He's so selfish that he always comes back (some might say too soon) after his injuries to help the TEAM win and gives his all on a nighlty basis.

Facts: You know nothing.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:20 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
Don't ever listen to people with Yvon Pedneault as their avatar
BTW welcome to my Ignore List
ignore him, he is just a child, he will grow up and learn

Old
02-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I am here to express my self point!!!
do so in a non inflammatory manner....

or you may lose your posting priveleges...

anymore trouble and somebody give me a call if Saku or Patty aren't around...

later,

wally

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Last edited by Gee Wally: 02-18-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old
02-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Minos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
What are you talking about ? Goal on special team doesn't count on +/- ratings.
True, but how often are goals scored seconds after a power play ends - before the penalized player can get back in the play. It doesn't technically count as a power play goal, but it is in all respects.

Good players like Saku who play for losing or middle of the road teams often have bad +/- ratings because 1) there's no one else to play against another teams top line, 2) They're on the ice when the goalie is pulled (which does count towards your +/- rating).

Guy Carbonneau was one of the best defensive players ever and he often had a bad +/- rating for the reasons I mentioned.

Old
02-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Cariboux

It was not a captain reaction that he had today and it *** me off. He was not interested to comment in the media after...

Come on but be a REAL leader and PLAY on the ICE against OPPONENTS and not against the the guy who have a 2 way contract who had to make his class this year

Old
02-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Inertiatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
It was not a captain reaction that he had today and it *** me off. He was not interested to comment in the media after...

Come on but be a REAL leader and PLAY on the ICE against OPPONENTS and not against the the guy who have a 2 way contract who had to make his class this year
The Captain was simply putting an overpaid, underachieving know it all in his place. Ribeiro is a punk, plain and simple. Maybe next time he'll think before mouthing off.

Old
02-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Cariboux

If he had something against Mike, why don't he met him without media and talk to him man to man ?

Old
02-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
If he had something against Mike, why don't he met him without media and talk to him man to man ?
Maybe he has. How do you know he hasn't talked to little Mikey in private, and thus having it fall on deaf ears.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:51 PM
EaGLE1

-Koivu have more speed (but average due to injuries), better shot, grit, 2-way, experience, value, but injury prone.

-Ribeiro have better vision, better playmaking, better passes, more creativity, cheaper, younger.

Both have tissue-soft hands.

Koivu is still the king in habsland but in my opinion, he must check in the rearviewmirror. I understand why he's upset like that, he want to be #1. Both have 0.80ppg but Koivu plays around 2 more minutes per game.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:10 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Both have 0.80ppg but Koivu plays around 2 more minutes per game.

But I would wager those 2 more minutes are because of playing shorthanded, thus making it almost a meaningless when talking points per game.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:35 AM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Ribeiro: 17:02 (0:03PK)
Koivu: 19:19 (1:18PK)

There's something like one minute of a difference. But I can't possibly see Ribeiro playing against the opposite 1st line... I just can't.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
it is not because you have written 4000 posts that you know hockey more than Pedneault himself!!!

I have more the 4000 posts and I know more than Pedneault.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfool
First of all Koivu play for the money
Sorry to quote something so far back in the thread, but I had to address this absolutley ridiculous statement. Say what you want about Koivu but he has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he isn't playing just for the money.

If he was playing for money, why on earth would he have came back from cancer to play in the playoffs? What did he have to gain by doing so? Well I'll tell you. Nothing. Players don't get paid for the playoffs (very little anyway) and Koivu came back because he wanted to help his team. He had more than enough money to retire and go back to Finland and play for a mil, but didn't because he loves playing the game at the highest level.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I have more the 4000 posts and I know more than Pedneault.
I admire your humility :p

Old
02-19-2004, 09:57 AM
aHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Koivu is still the king in habsland but in my opinion, he must check in the rearviewmirror. I understand why he's upset like that, he want to be #1. Both have 0.80ppg but Koivu plays around 2 more minutes per game.
As said before, it's more like one minute. Koivu plays more against other teams top lines and on power-play Koivu plays in totally new (and for him wrong) position.

And lets not forget that Ribeiro has played with pretty much teams only two guys that can be described as snipers... Koivu has played with a rookie and third line defensive winger and has still produced 0.80 ppg.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
People there might not like all i'll say.

But I honestly think there is a bit of exageration toward Koivu on this board. Of course the s$@t people can wrote on rds dont worth anything either.

But it has become common here that Koivu is God and Ribeiro is a lucky player who will fall down to 15 points next year 'cause he's no good... Imo, the guy a few post ago who talks about Koivu having to check his rear mirror is SO MUCH more accurate.

Also, i never like the people who said Koivu was not a good captain but perhaps they were not that far away from the truth... Recent incident with Ribeiro is not sufficient to judge of anything of course but this is not the first time we heard about locker room problems in the habs land and this has comes numerous times way before Ribeiro could be consider a part of this team... Koivu was captain.

I'm not saying Koivu is bad, is a bad captain and all since i really have no idea like ALL OF US in fact... My point is those who said bad things about Koivu 'cause they heard it somewhere' could be all wrong BUT so WE COULD.

I hope this is clear enough, not always easy to post my opinion in english when there is so much stuff i want to add to the text.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Brizash!

The Flyers could use Koivu and I would take him in a heart beat.
What would you guys want for him? The way some of you make him out to be it sounds like he could be had pretty cheap. Bring him on!!!!

Old
02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
deandebean

Sometimes, I would just prefer reading about rumor trades.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHab
As said before, it's more like one minute. Koivu plays more against other teams top lines and on power-play Koivu plays in totally new (and for him wrong) position.

And lets not forget that Ribeiro has played with pretty much teams only two guys that can be described as snipers... Koivu has played with a rookie and third line defensive winger and has still produced 0.80 ppg.
Come on, Ryder is at least as good as Z this year and works hard every night. Bulis is far better than Dagenais, Perreault, Audette, Kilger and all the rejects that have played with Mike

I was disgusted when I see #94 on the 2nd line tuesday night. I would have prefer to see Kilger there because he was playing a good game and would have been motivate to play there.

Mike have worked on his defensive liability, but why Julien continues to give him wingers like Perreault or Dagenais that will not help him ? Sad...

Old
02-19-2004, 11:49 AM
habitual_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I just spoke with Jesus, and I can confirm, Koivu is god.

He also said Ribeiro is not the second coming of himself.

Yeah... but he figures that he's the second coming of the Rocket, himself. Apprentices (and that's what he is - not a joutneyman like Koivu) need a good buffet upside the head when their attitude gets out of hand. Good on you Koivu!

Old
02-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Habsfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
glad someone else use it . the guy who started the thread is also a new addition on the IL . ''KOiVU is Not GOD'' ( wtf ?!? ) .

Grongragulations
You will ignore my 10 post per YEar
ignore by an ignorant whats the problem ?

Old
02-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
People there might not like all i'll say.

But I honestly think there is a bit of exageration toward Koivu on this board. Of course the s$@t people can wrote on rds dont worth anything either.

But it has become common here that Koivu is God and Ribeiro is a lucky player who will fall down to 15 points next year 'cause he's no good... Imo, the guy a few post ago who talks about Koivu having to check his rear mirror is SO MUCH more accurate.

Also, i never like the people who said Koivu was not a good captain but perhaps they were not that far away from the truth... Recent incident with Ribeiro is not sufficient to judge of anything of course but this is not the first time we heard about locker room problems in the habs land and this has comes numerous times way before Ribeiro could be consider a part of this team... Koivu was captain.

I'm not saying Koivu is bad, is a bad captain and all since i really have no idea like ALL OF US in fact... My point is those who said bad things about Koivu 'cause they heard it somewhere' could be all wrong BUT so WE COULD.

I hope this is clear enough, not always easy to post my opinion in english when there is so much stuff i want to add to the text.
I have to agree with you. There is a lot of exageration by pro-koivu guys and RDS are not the only ones to promote their favorite player... By the way, RDS accuse Theodore lately and had good words for Saku. When it's the case, no one mention it...

Closed Thread