HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2-18-04 GDT: Stars @ Kings

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Yet another one goal loss for the Kings.

We NEED Visnovsky and Miller in a huge way. DT let's get a defenseman before the deadline.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:56 PM
no name

That was the worst showing I have seen. The Kings couldnt even control the puck to pull the goalie until 30 seconds left. Zizka is a butterfing moron while Belanger was payed off to throw the game as can be seen by his multiple passes in the middle of the ice. The Kings were simply morons the entire game. Idiots.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:58 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
**** Mike Modano and Brendan Morrow
I take it they've done a good job.. :p

Old
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Why is Zizka on the ice in the final minute?

Norstrom and Modry, no doubt.
Modry is scarrier than a horror flick. Gleason has been our best Dman the last 3 games easily. The Kings need a Dman and a winger. What a joke.

BTW.... Out of all the rumors in the NHL you never hear a Kings name.

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

The Kings 14th one goal loss of the season (9 since December 1st). This time they couldn't get into OT.

BTW - They have 8 one goal wins. (Only 3 since December 1st)

Hint to DT...get some defensive help quick.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Murray was outcoached by his former assistant tonight.

I think Murray has done alot for this team but he ruined what had been a solid stretch for Stumpel and Frolov by sticking Tripp on that line.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
I take it they've done a good job.. :p
With a lot of help from the Kings. Corvo, Belanger and Norstrom with some great assists to the wrong team.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
I think Murray has done alot for this team but he ruined what had been a solid stretch for Stumpel and Frolov by sticking Tripp on that line.
That should end the Jack Adams talk right there. Hell, Kip Brennan would be a better choice than Tripp. Tripp needs to be cut right now. Bring up Cammy and put him in a position to succeed.

Frolov-Stumpel-Cammy
Luc-Army-Klatt

Those are decent top lines. Of course, they Kings need some defensive help, but lets make the opposing team worry about two full lines.

Very disappointed Kings fan going to bed right now.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25
With a lot of help from the Kings. Corvo, Belanger and Norstrom with some great assists to the wrong team.
I'll take it nonetheless. Huge win for the Stars but they took quite a risk by playing Ellis. Will be a tight race, especialy with the Sharks losing and the Preds winning..

Old
02-19-2004, 12:08 AM
no name

Quote:
That should end the Jack Adams talk right there. Hell, Kip Brennan would be a better choice than Tripp. Tripp needs to be cut right now. Bring up Cammy and put him in a position to succeed.

Frolov-Stumpel-Cammy
Luc-Army-Klatt

Those are decent top lines. Of course, they Kings need some defensive help, but lets make the opposing team worry about two full lines.

Very disappointed Kings fan going to bed right now.
Luc-Army-Klatt wouldnt even make Colorado's 4th line.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name
Luc-Army-Klatt wouldnt even make Colorado's 4th line.
Take away Forsberg, Sakic, Tanguay and Hejduk and the Luc-Army-Klatt line would be the 2nd line in Colorado too.

Kings healthy:

Deadmarsh-Allison-Straka
Frolov-Stumpel-Palffy
Lappy-Ebel-Avery
Luc-Army-Klatt

Old
02-19-2004, 12:27 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
What a piss poor effort. Ellis looked terrible the first two periods but it didnt matter since they couldnt get any chances sans the flurry at the end of the 2nd period. The two non calls on Modano against Avery were huge for the Stars, both coming late in periods while the Kings were buzzing. Unless two real NHL calibre defenseman are traded for ASAP I just dont see this team making the playoffs. Brad Chartrand and John Tripp should never play in the NHL ever again. Pavel Rosa scores two points in two games and is rewarded by being scratched in the most important game of the year to date. Unbelievable.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Capn Brown

Geez, mistakes KILLED us tonight! Four mistakes, four goals. Yes, I'm counting Lappy & Avery's dumb penalties as *mistakes*.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:46 AM
no name

Quote:
Take away Forsberg, Sakic, Tanguay and Hejduk and the Luc-Army-Klatt line would be the 2nd line in Colorado too.

Kings healthy:

Deadmarsh-Allison-Straka
Frolov-Stumpel-Palffy
Lappy-Ebel-Avery
Luc-Army-Klatt
On any other team these guys would not have the chanse to put these numbers up. Really at this point these guys are about average. Anyone who gets top line time will score.

Old
02-19-2004, 01:03 AM
LuckyLUC20

Hopefully DT was watching and realized we need help on D FAST and SOON!

Come on Dave, you da man!

Old
02-19-2004, 01:23 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I called in on Kings Talk, but after I finished my question about Visnovsky my phone cut out, and i didnt hear what he said! My 1st time i was nervous as a Biatch. What did he say!?

Old
02-19-2004, 02:07 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
I called in on Kings Talk, but after I finished my question about Visnovsky my phone cut out, and i didnt hear what he said! My 1st time i was nervous as a Biatch. What did he say!?
good question, i wish i'd been listening to hear the answer.

i was going to come and vent about tripp, but i can see that won't be necessary.

i thought zizka was alright tonight. not great, but the best i've seen him, and he actually looked assertive a few times out there. i guess by "the best i've seen him" i mean "not COMPLETELY horrible."

man, i hate to lose to the stars.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
i thought zizka was alright tonight. not great, but the best i've seen him, and he actually looked assertive a few times out there. i guess by "the best i've seen him" i mean "not COMPLETELY horrible." .
Agree. Sadly enough, he was probably our best defenseman last night

Old
02-19-2004, 10:52 AM
punchy1

It was Zizka's best game so far in my opinion as well. He almost looked like a back up (#7) NHL defencemen and I would say he were if it were not for his awful lack of skill at keeping the puck in the offencive zone. Not awful but for from good. For this one game. Pairing him with Gleason is really great as well. I have no idea what is going on with Zizka but he must have some serious photos of someone to be getting the favours he is.

Poor Gleason, how grand it must feel to be paired with a player who is awful on most nights in your rookie year and then having to take the blame as well for his terrible play. I mean, for me it is another example of how poor a job Andy does at handling youngsters. He is a grand coach and solid person but I have yet to feel that he does a good job with young talent. For me it started with Emmerson and CJ getting all of the PP and ice time up front while Frolov, the teams future, sat on the bench.

This year, of many many things, having Zizka on the team at all is another indicator (unless there is a behind the scenes thing going on) but pairing him with a solid young defender will only force that kid (Gleason) to try and over compensate or develope bad habbits by being forced to cover for his awful line mate. It could back fire in our faces and ultimately damage a great young defencemen in his developement.

Tripp on the line instead of Rosa or Camms or even giving Clarke a look is another example. I guess the "if it worked with Barney, (having a big winger on that line) it will work with Tripp" theory were proven wrong. All at the expence of Camms developement. Just like last year, Andys "hard work grinding type" players will get much more favour over skill guys. Tripp on that line reminds me of CJ and Emmo getting the time. I feel that Avery or even Charty would have been better options. God knows we have enough skilled grinders to cover the back lines.

Why not Rosa. He got TWO games to come in and try to fit his skills into the NHL system. Sure he plays the same system on the farm but with different guys at different speed with different habbits. For scat sake, let the man have at least five games to prove him off for you. I never accepted the "Andy hates Euro" players thing but last night, I had to wonder.

We have Muir (AHL all star) on the farm who is twice the player that Zizka is (based on last year with the Avs and what I have seen of him this one) and if we are "focused on making the playoffs" then why not play our best options right now? So you *have* to play Zizka for whatever reason, why for the love of god do you pair him with another rookie who is absolutely struggling? I will not get that one ever. Zizka and Matty at least hides some of his terrible skills. Matty/Zizka, Gleason/Corvo, Modry/Holland. Not good at all but well better than TWO rookies on spot.

I don't like to lose but can take a loss, we aren't going to go without any down the stretch but, I do look for what we do to fix things after one. IF Miller and Lubo came back next game I have to wonder if Andy wouldn't send Gleason back down and keep Zizka with the Kings. I just don't understand.

I got an email about last nights Kings talk. It said that of course the "when will Allison and Deader come back" question were asked, cheers to them who do as it strengthens my resolve on being happy I don't get to listen. We had "Mark" call in and instead of asking about the status of Visnovsky (which we truly don't know yet and it would have been a good question to try and get a timeline if any is available) or what Daryl thought the team needed to do or Nick etc or how other young players are developing tell us that Nik were in a movie, that Rosa scored against the Stars goalie in the minors, and another piece of useless information that only adds to the list of his "I know allot of obscure facts about hockey" calls that only take time from legitimate questions. Of course, out of every 20 calls there would be a couple that actually were smart but still.

I don't mean to take it on Mark either, he sounds like a well enough chap its just that it adds to the reasons why I am happy not to listen. Surely someone who knows as much about the abstract history of the game can ask a question that pertains to the current roster. I also read that many actually were hard on Stitch about his not doing anything.

That makes me laugh. I mean, he brought in Straka. He is looking for a fit to the puzzle that isn't going to cost us our future. He is doing the truly smart thing, the thing he has done for years now and that is wait until we get right on the dealine, when teams are willing to well overpay and then make a grand deal. So far, the fact that he HASN'T made any of the deals that I have seen happen over the past few weeks is a reason we should all be calling in and talking about how great a job he is doing.

Why add loads of cash and such right now costing us promising young talent for a player we will have for a season or so with the CBA coming? We simply have too many holes to fill at the end of the season to try and fill them right now. There are some solid deals looming out there and I for one am happy that he is waiting for the right one to come along. Sure we could make the playoffs with this team and once there, who knows what could happen but, we are without Straka,Ziggy,Deader,Allison,Miller,Vis, Barney,Brown and Aulin right now. Of those lads we will get some back but have you asked yourselfs this question, Which will be Kings next season? I doubt that even IF Deader and Ally are ready to come back that we will qualify them with offers. There are two massive holes. Ziggy will as will the rest of them but we also have Modry who I believe is a UFA at the end. I may be wrong but still, we need a top line center and another solid defencemen at least. We have kids who are ready or close. We have no idea what will happen with the next CBA.
Why make a deal now when we have no idea what it will cost us in potential cap money this offseason.

Done ranting.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
punchy1

Quote:
Is it just me, or did Andy doom this team for failure before the game even started?

Frolov-Stumpel-Tripp as your first line? That leaves the Armstrong line as the only legitimate threat. Guess what, Luc and Armstrong have the goals. Tripp can't even make a simple stick-to-stick pass. It's like Frolov-Stumpel are playing by themselves. :mad:

Andy baffles me with his decisions sometimes.

Perfectly said mate. Where is Cammy? He were doing grand prior to his getting shoved around and then he gets bent, a trait you want to see in a player and Andy sends him down when we need scoring. Rosa comes up and has two points in his first game and a few good shifts in his second but, Andy has the hate on for the lad so he sits while Tripp, the kind of player you put on the fourth line and give spare minutes to so he can eat up some clock and rest your grand players gets time on the top line.

Andy is great with a solid system and all but his line combos and handling of young players are bloody rubbish.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:54 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Where is Cammy?
The Squid was either scoring or assisting with the scoring last night in Lowell. 3-0 Manchester, with one goal by Cammy (assist by Clarke) and two by Noah Clarke (one assist by Cammy). It was a good game.

ReggieMoto

Old
02-19-2004, 12:12 PM
guzmania

When the team doesn't go to the net just turn out the lights the party's over. Tripp does not go to the net. Armstrong and Klatt go to the net, and Luc has been known to frequent that area of the ice.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmaniac
When the team doesn't go to the net just turn out the lights the party's over. Tripp does not go to the net. Armstrong and Klatt go to the net, and Luc has been known to frequent that area of the ice.
Tripp now replaces Steve Kelly as the palyer in the Kings organization that I dislike the most. Tripp completely took the offense out of the Fro and Stumpel line. He needs to go

Old
02-19-2004, 12:45 PM
punchy1

His lack of play in front of the goalie is EXACTLY the reason he weren't effective last night. Barney goes there. Rosa went there. Camms went there and he is a squid! Tripp is big and plays a perimeter game. He isn't awful for a fourth line play but Andy should have known better than to put him up front.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:17 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
I got an email about last nights Kings talk. It said that of course the "when will Allison and Deader come back" question were asked, cheers to them who do as it strengthens my resolve on being happy I don't get to listen. We had "Mark" call in and instead of asking about the status of Visnovsky (which we truly don't know yet and it would have been a good question to try and get a timeline if any is available) or what Daryl thought the team needed to do or Nick etc or how other young players are developing tell us that Nik were in a movie, that Rosa scored against the Stars goalie in the minors, and another piece of useless information that only adds to the list of his "I know allot of obscure facts about hockey" calls that only take time from legitimate questions. Of course, out of every 20 calls there would be a couple that actually were smart but still.
If you were listening around 11:30 I called in and asked about Visnovsky.. I was "Josh, from Newbury Park." Unfortunately I didnt hear an answer as my phone cut out, and i had to run to the radio and try to find 710 AM which I did not find. But my Dad heard me call in, and Darryl said taht Lubo should be back in 1-2 Weeks.

Closed Thread