HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Early Prediction: Where Will The Blue Jackets Place?

View Poll Results: standing
1st-5th 5 4.17%
6th-8th 67 55.83%
9-10 34 28.33%
11-12 14 11.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Lsquared

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidAcbj View Post
this is our year!
Amen to that

Lsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
Flyers Fan here. I just gotta say wow! This team should now be something overnight. The only move I am not so hi on is Zherdev, I always liked him, Now he's with trhe Rangers I will have to watch him play against the Flyers. Don't worry about RJ, he's not a flash in the pan, I was sick hearing the John Druce and Fernando Passini somparisons. Fact is that guy works like a horse in the off season. I have no doubt he will raise his game even higher this offseason. And with steady linemates and put him on a position and keep im there he wuill be my hockeypool sleeper for sure. Anyway you guys must be pretty stoked. Your goaltending is solid and now you built out. You will be scary team to play IMO. How do you guys feel about your team next year?
Great avatar. Just got that on DVD to replace an aging VHS

Let's resurrect this thread at a time when it'll mean more.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:53 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Team in playoff

1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Columbus
4. Phoenix
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Chicago
9. San Josť

Teams are not according to points.

I hope Colorado (for pick in draft) and especially Anaheim (Lowe is right) will not play play-off.

Last edited by mt-svk: 07-10-2008 at 12:59 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 01:17 AM
Lsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Team in playoff

1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Columbus
4. Phoenix
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Chicago
9. San Josť

I hope Colorado (for pick in draft) and especially Anaheim (Lowe is right) will not play play-off.

Anaheim will be in the playoffs. I can pretty much guarantee you that.

Lsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:35 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Team in playoff

1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Columbus
4. Phoenix
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Chicago
9. San Josť

Kevin Lowe's a moron who likes to brag about his 6 Stanley Cups, but fails to mention that Messier and Gretzky had more to do with winning them than he did.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Kevin Lowe's a moron who likes to brag about his 6 Stanley Cups, but fails to mention that Messier and Gretzky had more to do with winning them than he did.
Brian?

Old
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Brian?
I'm not Brian Burke, but I play him on the Internet.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 11:50 AM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
Little confused as to why 13-15 aren't options.

Optomistic, aren't we?

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:14 PM
orangebarrelman

Playoffs....smayoffs....

I want to know if we finally go .500 against Nashville (or even .167!) For me winning the season series versus the Predators would make me think this season is a success. Even more so than the Wings, I have hated the Preds ever since the neon green fly swatters they used to pass out when we played them.

My guess 8-9th with 90-94 points. I want at least 4 games over .500 and no month long slow downs...slides...slumps or anything that resembles the meltdowns we seem to have at some point these last few seasons (which does say we have had up points during those seasons also!)

M

orangebarrelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:36 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Team in playoff

1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Columbus
4. Phoenix
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Chicago
9. San Josť
Columbus couldn't be 3rd in the West if Detroit (or any other Central team) wins the division. They'd be 4th at best.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
jacketsfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsquaredCBJ View Post
Yeah, I am very optimistic about this season

1) Huselius, while streaky, is better than anyone Nash has had at his other wing, IMO. Huselius will set Nash up more because people will not be allowed to focus 100% of their attention on him, they have to pay some attention to Huselius or he will put a few in the back of the net. Not only that, but Nash has Umberger as his center. May not be a #1 center, but better than anything Nash has had before. Put quality around a world class player, and that world class player gets better. Nash has never had that quality around him before.

2) Heard of Toews and Kane? Rookies can come in and make big impacts. I'm not expecting a 30 goal year from Voracek or a 40 assist year from Brassard, but if Brassard does earn, and I stress, earn his spot on that top line, he's going to put up some points. Voracek has gotten bigger and absolutely crushed all the competition last year in juniors. I think he will come in and put up 15-20 goals. Nothing spectacular from these 2 players is expected, just solid players.

3) Leclaire had an amazing year last year with not much defense in front of him. Adding Tyutin and Commodore to Klesla and Hejda provides a much better top 4 than we had last year. Improved D should result in less goals, hense a better season for Leclaire. Of course this is all depending on Leclaire staying healthy of course.

I may be an optimist but I believe in this team and what it has set out to do this year, and that is make the playoffs. And I think they will. If I'm wrong, well then I'm wrong, but I believe in this team.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!

These are key points that have been overlooked to date. KH is an excellent playmaker who skated on CGY top line with Jerome and Lankgow (not a #1 center). Nash-RJ-KH has the makings of a very good #1 line. THe center position is vastly overrated. RJ will be taking the faceoffs and defensive responsibilites for the #1 line while KH takes over the center (playmaking) responsibilities in the O zone. RJ will be in the corners digging the puck out more oftne than KH or RN. I guess you could say we have a number 1 center by committee in KH and RJ.

jacketsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
EDM

The Kool Aid pitcher must be completely empty.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSprague24 View Post
Columbus couldn't be 3rd in the West if Detroit (or any other Central team) wins the division. They'd be 4th at best.
This rank is not according to points. I think Columbus will end between 6-8th in Conference.

Lowe is right. Anaheim is Bryan Murray`s product not Burke. Burke came in 2005. Burke came to good team like "a blind chicken to corn".

Anaheim has good defence but where is written Giguere will be good in this season?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
WrightOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
The Kool Aid pitcher must be completely empty.
And the urinals at Nationwide are overflowing with all the blood you're pissing.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:04 PM
EDM

I have not been to Nationwide since april. One would think that was cleaned up by now.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I have not been to Nationwide since april. One would think that was cleaned up by now.
Yeah, but Scott's been real busy lately... sorta.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:16 PM
JACKETS! on the PP

Who are the 5 that voted that we would finish in the top five?

Optimism is all good but what have you been huffing???

JACKETS! on the PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Pluckfur

Well, we aren't going to Win or Show ... I guess that leaves Place.

Old
07-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
You guys need to be way more optmistic. From an outsiders point of view you will make the playoffs reasons why
1. Solid Goaltending - Leclair has arrived
2. Balanced Scoring - You now have it with the aDDITIONS YOU'VE MADE
3. Solid Coaching

Your D is suspect. this team probobly wont take you deep but making the playoffs is a start and then who knows. Good Luck
I'm not sure we've really added any scoring; if the rookies don't step up, I can't imagine us being much different in that department. Maybe 15-20 more goals, but when you're flopping around on the bottom of the goal scoring department, that isn't a lot.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
FlaggerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETS! on the PP View Post
Who are the 5 that voted that we would finish in the top five?

Optimism is all good but what have you been huffing???
I thought sixth or seventh but if the stars align and the kids come out like Kane and Toews we could finish fifth. That's a big if, of course but barring a rash of the wrong injuries we go to the playoffs this year, and we don't face the Red Wings in the first round.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

main problem with Huselius is that he's very streaky, he'll go like 10 games with alot of points, then 10 more with none...Keep in mind he played with Iginla who's a more experienced Nash really.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
main problem with Huselius is that he's very streaky, he'll go like 10 games with alot of points, then 10 more with none...Keep in mind he played with Iginla who's a more experienced Nash really.
I don't think he keeps getting traded because he's "inconsistent" - it was his poor work ethic on ice that got him repeatedly benched in Florida and benched in Calgary by both Playfair and by Keenan last season. And, he's 30 yrs old ... awfully hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Stretch Factor

I picked 11th, but could be as high as 8th or as low as 15th. Outside of Detroit, Dallas, SJ, and Anaheim I'm not that impressed with the West. I think after those four Chicago and Calgary will be 5th-6th. That leaves Columbus, Colorado, Vancouver, Phoenix, St.L, Nashville, LA, Edmonton, and Minn to fight it out for the bottom. I don't believe any of those teams are significantly better than last year, Minn, Nashville, Colorado, and Vancouver (may not be finished yet) got worse in my opinion. Columbus is the wild card. We had significant roster turnover, but I don't think we added enough skill to make much of a jump. It all comes down to the rookies. If they are like Kane and Toews, we probably get in. If not we'll be picking in the top 10 again next year.

I believe it will come down to Phoenix, Columbus, Edmonton, Nashville and Minnesota. 2 of those 5 will get in.

Stretch Factor is offline   Reply With Quote