HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dave Barr Named Asst. Coach

Old
07-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

vCash: 500
Dave Barr Named Asst. Coach

And it looks like Cloutier will remain an Asst. Coach as well.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
thedoctor
                    

pardon my ignorance, but whotf is dave barr?

scratch that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Barr

coach of the year in the OHL in 05-06, nice.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Commander Enigma

Ask, and google will answer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Barr

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Somebody from the outside...shocking

So we now know who will be the new head coach in a few years when Granato gets canned.

Last edited by Jori: 07-09-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Horsehouse

hope the pressure doesn't get to him =P

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

I know nothing about the Guelph Storm, can anyone give a scouting report on the type of game they played under Barr?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:16 PM
quesosauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
I know nothing about the Guelph Storm, can anyone give a scouting report on the type of game they played under Barr?
13th in offense, 4th in defense last season

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
WisdomMarigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
I know lots about the Guelph Storm and I know lots about Dave Barr as well. I have had season tickets for the Storm for 7 seasons entering my 8th and I think I know everything you Av's fans need to know about Barr. Dave Barr is one of the best junior coaches in the World. Reason. Because in his first year with the Guelph Storm he was named GM and in that first season he had lead us to the Memorial Cup and made us OHL Champs. Barr also coached team Canada Under 18 last season and gave them a disipointing 4th place. But Barr is likely one of the best guy that you can have in your organization. He Lead the Storm very far into the playoffs in the last few years besides 2007 and 2005 the Storm got out of the playoffs in the 1st round. In 2006 Barr won!!!!! OHL Coach of the year thanks to a great 40-24-3-1 record for 84 points and by leading the Storm into the Western Conterence final against the London Knights. Last season Barr lead the Storm into the 2nd round of the playoffs. Also last season Barr was the one of 2 General Managers for the Western All Stars. Also Barr was offered a job with team Canada to be an asistant coach for team Canada at the World Juniors but had said no and had gave it to Peter Deboer of the Rangers who is now the head Coach of the Rangers. Barrs alltime record with for wins with the Storm is 130. He did a fantastic job with the Storm as coach and as GM. He will be missed in Guelph for many years and I wish him the best with you Av's. For more information just send me a private message or go to Guelph Storm.com or OHL.com.
I am a Sens and a Storm fan but I like to talk about players on both teams and even coaches and I like to give you Av's fans information as well.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

WisdomMarigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
WisdomMarigo

Oh and Barr likes to play an defensive game so the other team can't score. Also Barr drafted future NHL superstar dman Drew Doughty in 2006 with the 5th overall pick and it was definatly the one of the biggest steals in OHL History.

GOOD LUCK BARR

WisdomMarigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Chileiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensMan View Post
I know lots about the Guelph Storm and I know lots about Dave Barr as well. I have had season tickets for the Storm for 7 seasons entering my 8th and I think I know everything you Av's fans need to know about Barr. Dave Barr is one of the best junior coaches in the World. Reason. Because in his first year with the Guelph Storm he was named GM and in that first season he had lead us to the Memorial Cup and made us OHL Champs. Barr also coached team Canada Under 18 last season and gave them a disipointing 4th place. But Barr is likely one of the best guy that you can have in your organization. He Lead the Storm very far into the playoffs in the last few years besides 2007 and 2005 the Storm got out of the playoffs in the 1st round. In 2006 Barr won!!!!! OHL Coach of the year thanks to a great 40-24-3-1 record for 84 points and by leading the Storm into the Western Conterence final against the London Knights. Last season Barr lead the Storm into the 2nd round of the playoffs. Also last season Barr was the one of 2 General Managers for the Western All Stars. Also Barr was offered a job with team Canada to be an asistant coach for team Canada at the World Juniors but had said no and had gave it to Peter Deboer of the Rangers who is now the head Coach of the Rangers. Barrs alltime record with for wins with the Storm is 130. He did a fantastic job with the Storm as coach and as GM. He will be missed in Guelph for many years and I wish him the best with you Av's. For more information just send me a private message or go to Guelph Storm.com or OHL.com.
I am a Sens and a Storm fan but I like to talk about players on both teams and even coaches and I like to give you Av's fans information as well.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the info. But just so you know DeBoer is the head coach of the Florida Panthers.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensMan View Post

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty surprised and happy they went outside of the organazation for this one. Barr's defensive resume will be a much needed aquisition, as that wasn't really Granato's strong suit in his last tenure.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:52 PM
thedoctor
                    

really, all there is to say is that he seems like he's got the right credentials,and that I'm just happy it's not Eric Lacroix. rite?!?!

Old
07-09-2008, 06:07 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Nice to see the organization going outside of the proverbial box. I kind of wonder what will become of Cloutier as Barr is also more of a defensive guy from what I understand.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Somebody from the outside...shocking

So we now know who will be the new head coach in a few years when Granato gets canned.
LOL. So true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
pardon my ignorance, but whotf is dave barr?
That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
crucifux

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
Nice to see the organization going outside of the proverbial box. I kind of wonder what will become of Cloutier as Barr is also more of a defensive guy from what I understand.
i was just happy to get rid of Q, but possibly cloutier too

crucifux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
thedoctor
                    

fluff piece from Avs' web site:

http://avalanche.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=368115

Old
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
DarioinDenver

That's going to be a combination that's tough to beat.

Come on, someone had to say it.

DarioinDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver View Post

It's time for a line change

Old
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver View Post

I'm so damn glad I don't ever have to see that commercial again.

Old
07-09-2008, 10:57 PM
crucifux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
I'm so damn glad I don't ever have to see that commercial again.
i wonder if they'll shoot a new commercial for granato or just re-run the one he made 5 years ago

crucifux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifux View Post
i wonder if they'll shoot a new commercial for granato or just re-run the one he made 5 years ago
You never know. The Fox (103.5) has been re-running that old commercial with Sakic and Foote since Foote came back.

As far as Dave Barr goes I really like this hire. It is refreshing to see they went outside of the organization and got someone who doesn't have ties (at least obvious ones) to Granato or the Lacroix's. I'd still like to get Cloutier off the bench though. He's either Yoda with his invincibility or just Lacroix's elf. I go with the latter. I could see PL as a big fat jolly St. Nick and Cloutier as his helper elf.

Old
07-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Jori

Quote:
You never know. The Fox (103.5) has been re-running that old commercial with Sakic and Foote since Foote came back.

As far as Dave Barr goes I really like this hire. It is refreshing to see they went outside of the organization and got someone who doesn't have ties (at least obvious ones) to Granato or the Lacroix's. I'd still like to get Cloutier off the bench though. He's either Yoda with his invincibility or just Lacroix's elf. I go with the latter. I could see PL as a big fat jolly St. Nick and Cloutier as his helper elf.
That's creepy

Old
07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
That's creepy

Tell me that doesn't look like a big fat jolly guy and an elf.

Old
07-10-2008, 02:14 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:

Tell me that doesn't look like a big fat jolly guy and an elf.
That's just wrong...why do you want to do that to us.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2008, 03:54 AM
El_Loco_Avs

*puts on Yoda hat*

Defensively proficient coach -> working defensive *system* -> working transition game -> solid offense without a leaky defense.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote