HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Lowe rips Burke a new one!

Old
07-05-2008, 10:42 AM
oberan1

vCash: 500
OT: Lowe rips Burke a new one!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2425...headlines_main.

LOL

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-05-2008 at 10:48 AM.
oberan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 10:45 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Good for Lowe...

Burke sometimes reminds me of a manager in the WWE

Old
07-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Good for Lowe...

Burke sometimes reminds me of a manager in the WWE
He reminds me more of Donald Trump.

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
For those that want to hear it, it's been archived.

link...

http://www.justagame.ca/audio/Kevin%...20July%204.mp3

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Good for Lowe, just when it looked like the whole issue was dying down. Lowe drops some gas on the fire, which should make for some interesting reads the rest of this summer.

07-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
"Where do I begin?," started Lowe. "He's a moron, first of all. Secondly, he really believes that any news for the NHL is good news. Thirdly, he loves the limelight and I don't think anyone in hockey will dispute that. Lastly, he's in a pathetic hockey market where they can't get on any page of the newspaper let alone the front page of the sports, so any of this stuff carries on."
Sounds like a sore loser yapping about another sore loser.

Anaheim actually sold more tickets than Edmonton last year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2008

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Sounds like a sore loser yapping about another sore loser.

Anaheim actually sold more tickets than Edmonton last year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2008
Oh it's definitely a pointless issue, both of them yelling back and forth in the media like two little kids. But it creates more excitement when their two teams play each other. I know I'll actually take the time to watch the first time their 2 teams meet. Which I probably wouldn't have done without this happening.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Oh it's definitely a pointless issue, both of them yelling back and forth in the media like two little kids. But it creates more excitement when their two teams play each other. I know I'll actually take the time to watch the first time their 2 teams meet. Which I probably wouldn't have done without this happening.
Lowe is worse than Burke imo, he crippeled Buffalo with that offer sheet to Vanek. Burke just reacted when Lowe signed Penner and it seem Kevin Lowe can't handle it.

As for the excitement i guess you are right, T$N is happy right now.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Turbo

That was a fun read!

The bickering IS great for the league though, no question. This kind of rivalry is what sells tickets.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Lowe is worse than Burke imo, he crippeled Buffalo with that offer sheet to Vanek. Burke just reacted when Lowe signed Penner and it seem Kevin Lowe can't handle it.

They are both pretty bad if you ask me. I could understand Burke's initial reaction after this happened. But for a year straight he kept bringing it up over and over again. As for Lowe, he stooped down pretty far with his recent arguements.

As for crippling Buffalo, I think their ownership did most of that damage to themselves. They had the chance to sign their UFA's (Briere/Drury) the year before for reasonable contracts and they didn't. Same for Vanek, there is no way that he shouldn't have been signed ahead of time.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
That was a fun read!

The bickering IS great for the league though, no question. This kind of rivalry is what sells tickets.

Well,Lowe definitely injected a healthy dose of spicy entertainment in this perpetual bickering.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Kachino

Yeah saw that yesterday... Pretty funny..

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Good for Lowe... Burke has been taking shots at him for a year and he didn't reply. With Katz behind him, he finally let loose.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:52 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Good for Lowe.

Burke initial reaction was fine and understandable. However, after bickering on for a year straight, I began to hate him.

Offer sheets are fair game as far as I'm concerned. If you a contract sheet if offered to one of your players, you're obviously not doing your job as a GM. Sign your ******** players before they are eligible to start contract talks with other teams.

In my opinion, Penner (and Vanek) getting signed to the offer sheets are own GM's fault.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
In my opinion, Penner (and Vanek) getting signed to the offer sheets are own GM's fault.
Agreed.

What do GM's do during the season? They watch their team. They watch other teams to see if they have anything that can improve their team. They watch their coaches.

Even if you are someone like Bob Gainey, who refuses to negotiate contracts until the off-season, not negotiating with your younger players new contracts and allowing them to test the RFA waters puts you in the hot seat, not the other GM. What in the hell was Burke doing that was so important all year that he couldn't negotiate a good deal with Penner? Same with Perry. Same to Regier and Vanek.

Darcy is easily one of the worst GM's around. The way no-one EVER wants to stay in Buffalo, and when they stay, they are overpaid? I doubt its the city of Buffalo, New York. It's pretty much all on Regier's head that he can't keep a single player. Soon, he'll lose Miller and Buffalo and Toronto will help inflate the Northeastern Teams stats in the East.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:01 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Agreed.

What do GM's do during the season? They watch their team. They watch other teams to see if they have anything that can improve their team. They watch their coaches.

Even if you are someone like Bob Gainey, who refuses to negotiate contracts until the off-season, not negotiating with your younger players new contracts and allowing them to test the RFA waters puts you in the hot seat, not the other GM. What in the hell was Burke doing that was so important all year that he couldn't negotiate a good deal with Penner? Same with Perry. Same to Regier and Vanek.

Darcy is easily one of the worst GM's around. The way no-one EVER wants to stay in Buffalo, and when they stay, they are overpaid? I doubt its the city of Buffalo, New York. It's pretty much all on Regier's head that he can't keep a single player. Soon, he'll lose Miller and Buffalo and Toronto will help inflate the Northeastern Teams stats in the East.
Yeah...all you need to do is give them a qualifying offer and take it from there

Old
07-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Pascal

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:34 PM
znk

Quote:

What a weird outlook on things you have. Burke has been crying for a god damn year taking shots at Low and Low never replied. It was about time and omg....was that sweet ownage.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 12:44 PM
LesCanadiens

Although I think they're both idiots....I'm kinda happy to see someone give "Burkie" a taste of his own medicine.

Anyone who's from BC and follows sports knows all about what Burke is really like. This idiot used to call newspaper and TV bosses and with a profanity-laced tirade threatened to disallow anyone from the team from talking with that news entity, unless they fired specific newsmen.

Now I'm no big fan of the media, but everyone IMO should be allowed to make a living. Imagine some big moron calling your boss behind your back and demanding they fire you....what a loser.

Add to that, he's MASSIVELY overrated as a GM.

But, yes....they're both acting like little tykes.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

dont care for either

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:25 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Thank you Kevin Lowe.

About time he stood up and chirped Burke back, I just hope Burke comes to Toronto and ruins them even more as he's the most overrated GM in the league.

Buffalo should've just let Vanek go and taken the 4 first round picks and Burke should've signed Penner before making that hilarious Bertuzzi signing and we wouldn't have heard anything more about this.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

If you're allowed to give offer sheets, then I don't see how Lowe has done anything wrong. You can say the offers were pretty bad but to be honest, looking at the rest of the offers given all around in the NHL, Lowe isn't worse than most of them.

I don't think Lowe has done great moves as a GM, and I always said Burke is the most overrated GM.
He's been trashing Lowe for the past year like a whining puta. Lowe finally responded and had every right to do it.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Remember when Burke ripped Gainey in the news...

*ss hole

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
ari1160

we need more of these stuff over the summer to keep us going and not been bored lol...

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 01:32 PM
ari1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
Remember when Burke ripped Gainey in the news...

*ss hole
ohh yeaaa ?? when was that?

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote