HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Blogging

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2008, 12:37 AM
RiffyNYR61

vCash: 500
Blogging

Hello fellow Ranger fans,

My name is Josh I am currently a sports-journalism major at Penn State. I love the Rangers with a passion, but for the most part I just love the game of hockey and everything about it. Anyway, to get some practice in my field (where I would like to do broadcasting for the NHL one day), I JUST started my own NYR blog. I'm just wondering that if any of you get a chance and have some free time, if you would check it out and give me some thoughts and feedback on what I write or even how I write it. You could leave comments on the page itself, or you could leave comments in this thread. Thanks very much and LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

-Josh

The blog: http://rifsrangersrant.blogspot.com/

Old
12-04-2008, 07:27 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Good work bud, keep it up. I enjoyed the read.

Be careful to avoid excessively long sentences. Your second paragraph is one long sentence!

It's just pain.
Old
12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
A few critiques:
1. As previous poster pointed out, the second paragraph is just one long sentence.
2. When you first talk about a player, you should include their full name. Also, you should stick to what they're called. ie. Scott Gomez not Scotty, although admittedly, that's nitpicking on my part.
3. As a journalist, you cannot put words into people's mouths or someone will take it as a direct quote and that can lead to all sorts of trouble.
4. You cannot call players on opposing team b*tches, no matter how much you think they deserve it. Again, this is if you want to be taken as a serious outlet for information.
5. Just to disagree, I think our shootout lineup should be Naslund-Zherdev-Sjostrom... not sure if that was just a mistake or you actually want Gomez in over Zherdev.
6. Overall, it's a good layout and there is potential there. Keep at it and good luck, it's a tough field to get into.

Old
12-04-2008, 11:48 AM
RiffyNYR61

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
5. Just to disagree, I think our shootout lineup should be Naslund-Zherdev-Sjostrom... not sure if that was just a mistake or you actually want Gomez in over Zherdev.
Was a mistake and is fixed, thanks. You're other points were very insightful as well so thank you very much.

Old
12-04-2008, 12:03 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Your way of writing is unique and that could be taken as a good thing or a bad thing. The only negative I see in your writing is the language use. You may want to keep all that out of your blogging. That's the only huge flaw. What you got going so far is good though! Keep up the good work and let's go rangers!

Old
12-04-2008, 12:07 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Please take any comments to PMs.