HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How About Connolly?

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 05:15 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
How About Connolly?

Anyone know the status of Tim Connolly? I know he is out with a concussion now. Any news on when he might be back? I think we coud work out some kind of Smith + trade for one of their goalies and Connolly. Unless his injury is career threatening.

Thoughts anyone?

Old
02-18-2004, 05:29 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Anyone know the status of Tim Connolly? I know he is out with a concussion now. Any news on when he might be back? I think we coud work out some kind of Smith + trade for one of their goalies and Connolly. Unless his injury is career threatening.

Thoughts anyone?
Was calling for his acquisition all year, then he got hurt, which was rather dissappointing, I wish I knew his health status, but he's definately a guy who'd work here. So much raw skill, just needs a good scenario.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Was calling for his acquisition all year, then he got hurt, which was rather dissappointing, I wish I knew his health status, but he's definately a guy who'd work here. So much raw skill, just needs a good scenario.
I don't think Connolly would be a wise choice at all. He hasn't played 1 game all year due to his concussion last season and some are questioning wether or not he should even return to the NHL. His career might be over before it even gets the chance to fully begin.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:00 PM
t0mf00lery

I would love Connolly as well, but the only problem is the Oilers can't afford to take risks on players like that. Look at Boyd Devereaux.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Beech, Kraft, Connolly...all these once highly touted youngsters who have not fulfilled their expectations...They're too risky to gamble on unless we don't have to give up too much for them.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:49 PM
vb

I'd like to pick him up. The Canucks are built on trading for guys like this and having them develop in a few years. Of course the price would have to be less than the 2 picks that Nashville gave up for Sullivan but he's worth the gamble IMHO.

Closed Thread