HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Avs' play-by-play guys are the WORST!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 05:39 PM
Spaceace

vCash: 500
Avs' play-by-play guys are the WORST!!!!!!

I just got done watching ESPN's "The Season" Part one on the Avs. And they have the MOST ANNOYING p-b-p announcer in the league;he's even worse than the Coyotes guys. I feel sorry for you Avs fans who have to listen to those morons game in,game out.

Old
02-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The Avs are the biggest homers.....
The Yotes are the worst in just the sheer listening factor...

Emerick is the best of them all.

Old
02-18-2004, 05:45 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Just listening to that homer yell ''OHH THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!'' after the Avs score a goal cant help but make you smile.

Old
02-18-2004, 05:46 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Just listening to that homer yell ''OHH THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!'' after the Avs score a goal cant help but make you smile.
smile and thanking the all mighty hockey god above that i stake no claim to them.

Old
02-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Aerolanche

Aren't all teams broadcasters supposed to be biased? Unless its national TV, I see no problem with it being in regional.

By the way, I live in BC so I don't hear them, but yeah they have some ugly voices.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Reign Nateo

Yeah Avs broadcasters are the worst. By far the most biased and least knowledgeable.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
DarioinDenver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Yeah Avs broadcasters are the worst. By far the most biased and least knowledgeable.
Heh, of course their biased. And yeah, Peter McNabb wouldn't know a thing about hockey.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i can agree with this.

that "THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" thing is the worst, ever.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:04 PM
X8oD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Aren't all teams broadcasters supposed to be biased? Unless its national TV, I see no problem with it being in regional.
supposed to be homers.. Mildly. Supposed to be blatent homers with no reguard to the other team on the ice, ignoring all sense of reality and going off on tangents about various Avs players at times.. No not at all.

Wings have Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmon. Daniels already had a past with HNIC so hes a pretty good Announcer. his voice when saying "scores" can be annoying. Redmon is an ex wing, but hed probably say hes an ex hockey player first. He wants the wings to win, but ive never heard him say anything blatently 2 faced when something happens on the ice.

the avs guys are HORRID.

then again, nothing ranks up there with the idiots on ESPN comparing a holding non-call to a highsticking that knocked teeth out.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Heh, of course their biased. And yeah, Peter McNabb wouldn't know a thing about hockey.
There are plenty of guys that have played in the NHL and still suck as broadcasters. Ryan Walter and John Garrett come to mind...

Old
02-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade

By the way, I live in BC so I don't hear them, but yeah they have some ugly voices.
Renegade... part of the Mod Squad? My how things have gone down hill here lately.

Kiddin'

Now just don't go banning me for sayin' Floppa... it's a habit.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:10 PM
punchy1

Quote:

They are bloody awful mate but, have you heard the mighty ducks guys? The fellow actually says "CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT" when they score. That is just the worst thing I have ever heard in sports. He also spent most of last season calling players anything but thier actual names. I would say that the Kings Bob Miller is one of the best but I also have enjoyed the Isles, Leafs, Rags, Devils, Sens and Habs tele crews equally well. The good ones are truly good, then there are the average, and then you have to bloody awful. The Ducks crew take that award for me. Pitty as the team isn't half as bad as all that. In rank of worst 5 for me would be, (1 =worst 5= best of the worst or least bad)

1. CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT!!!!! Mighty Ducks crew.

2. The Biased rubbish that spills out of the Avs crew.

3. That Idiot who does the play by for the Yotes. He should be spade or nuetered and sent back to WWF. He truly isn't ready.

4. The crew who does the Thrashers. It isn't that he doesn't know what he is talking about, its that he just grinds you down on the most useless trivial bit of nonsense that I can't take it.

5. The Sharks crew. How bad can one person be at thier job. I would say that if it weren't for the fact that they have a solid colour man that they could be competing with the Ducks.

Those are my worst 5. The Avs crew is truly awful but when the team is that good, it is a wonder why they wouldn't put as much attention to having the best tele crew they could. The Ducks crew are the worst for my buck.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

If you're referring to the "AAAW PETER THE GREAT! BLAH BLAH SAVE BY WAAAH!" guy, yeah he's bad. Really bad.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:17 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
They are bloody awful mate but, have you heard the mighty ducks guys? The fellow actually says "CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT" when they score. That is just the worst thing I have ever heard in sports. He also spent most of last season calling players anything but thier actual names. I would say that the Kings Bob Miller is one of the best but I also have enjoyed the Isles, Leafs, Rags, Devils, Sens and Habs tele crews equally well. The good ones are truly good, then there are the average, and then you have to bloody awful. The Ducks crew take that award for me. Pitty as the team isn't half as bad as all that. In rank of worst 5 for me would be, (1 =worst 5= best of the worst or least bad)

1. CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT!!!!! Mighty Ducks crew.

2. The Biased rubbish that spills out of the Avs crew.

3. That Idiot who does the play by for the Yotes. He should be spade or nuetered and sent back to WWF. He truly isn't ready.

4. The crew who does the Thrashers. It isn't that he doesn't know what he is talking about, its that he just grinds you down on the most useless trivial bit of nonsense that I can't take it.

5. The Sharks crew. How bad can one person be at thier job. I would say that if it weren't for the fact that they have a solid colour man that they could be competing with the Ducks.

Those are my worst 5. The Avs crew is truly awful but when the team is that good, it is a wonder why they wouldn't put as much attention to having the best tele crew they could. The Ducks crew are the worst for my buck.
If your a Kings fan you are bound to hate the Ducks announcers. Ducks fans probably hate Bob Miller and Jim Fox.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
What I've heard him compared to mostly is someone who should be calling a horse race. He just talks so fast andrunsallhiswordstogetherlikethis, I'm out of breath just listening to him.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Quote:
There are plenty of guys that have played in the NHL and still suck as broadcasters. Ryan Walter and John Garrett come to mind...
Tom Larscheid is pretty .. pretty brutal.

BERTUZZI !!! EL TORO EL TORO EL TOROOOOOOOO !!!!

NASLUND !!! SHAKE IT LIKE A PO-LAR-OID PIC-TUR-E !

Old
02-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Dr Love

Let me be the first to say that Steve Coates of the Flyers should be taken behind the woodshed and shot. I didn't say shot and killed, just shot. That way Gary Dornhoefer, who actually has a clue, can be given more time to make statements that pertain to things happening on the ice.

Old
02-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Chartrand

Forsberg over to Tanguay, back to Forsberg...he SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRSSSS!!! OHH THANK YOU PETER FORSBERG!

Old
02-18-2004, 07:39 PM
wazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Actually, most Avs fans smile when the Avs score. I can see why it might annoy their rivals, though.

Old
02-18-2004, 07:59 PM
punchy1

No mate, it is well beyond any team rivalry. The "CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT" thing is the first part of the trouble, it gets worse from there. The Nucks announcers are fine as are Wings, BlackHawks and several other rival teams crews. This is more about how truly awful they are then anything to do with our being a rival, truly.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

As much as I loathe the Avs' team, the Sharks team and the Nucks team are both at the very least just as bad. LA has a bad duo as well.

Of all the announcing teams that I can vividly remember, the Devils seem to have the best overall.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
As much as I loathe the Avs' team, the Sharks team and the Nucks team are both at the very least just as bad. LA has a bad duo as well.

Of all the announcing teams that I can vividly remember, the Devils seem to have the best overall.

my parents have had Doc Emrick over for dinner

Old
02-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Neat.

Actually watching the Sabres/Panthers game I remembered another that I cannot stand:

The Sabres guy is horrible--it gets even worse if there's a fight. And I think it was Enoch who named the Yotes pbp, he's terrible as well.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:24 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Say what you will about Kielback (the Yotes play by play guy), but he's been around for an awful long time. He was the Jets radio play-by-play guy for years before the team moved. Personally, and maybe its because I grew up listening to him, I LOVE him. I'll admit that he comes across better on the radio, but I'd have him call every game I watch if I could. Anyways, regardless of whether you hate the guy, he's about as "ready" as he's gonna get.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Oh are they terrible. I can't stand the "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" Regional broadcasters tend to be a little homeristic, but wow, it doesn't get much worse than that.

For those that don't know of them, here's a pretty accurate description.

Quote:
Miller and Fox ain't that good. Then again, I'm a Ducks fan. Also, it's "Let's Talk About It", GET IT RIGHT!

Quote:
The Sabres guy is horrible--it gets even worse if there's a fight. And I think it was Enoch who named the Yotes pbp, he's terrible as well.
Dude, no one is better than Rick Jeannerette. He is by far the god of hockey announcing. His voice is like no other. He's even better than Doc.

Closed Thread