HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundin

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2008, 09:01 PM
monster_bertuzzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Except with a better blueline.
I dont know about that. After the big three it looks pretty shaky back there.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:02 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
Vancouver had so much cap space to get better but they keep doing dumb **** with it.
What has been dumb that Gillis has done? Its not his fault John Davidson is a pouty school boy who was pissed off about one of his players getting an offer sheet. And besides its a win win if Sundin comes you can ship out Bieksa's pricetag. If Sundin doesnt come theres 10 million to spend on two scorers.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Calgary have lost Tanguay, Huselius and Nolan and replaced them with Cammalleri and Bertuzzi. Otherwise they have all the exact same question marks they did last year.
You forgot they picked up Bourque and Glencross, Bourgue will probably outscore Nolan even if he never see's the 2nd line. Glencross had 15 goals in 62 games playing mostly 4th line. The question marks last year was getting scoring from the bottom 2 lines. Now that Nystrome and Boyd got a taste of the NHL they will produce and the above mentioned Bourque and Glencross are way better than the departed Nilson and Smith. Flames are more balanced,bigger and faster than last year.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:25 PM
24morecupsthanyou*

i like how they take pot shots at Price for 'folding' like a cheap tent. Didn't Price get a shutout in game 7 against the Bruins? Lol.
I like how they're also oblivious that they're ragging on a 20 year old goalie who playing with a bum hand in the 2nd round...
And i can't name ANY big UFA going to a team because they had a good goaltender. I mean is Luongo going to feed Sundin in the slot or something? Canucks had one of the worst offenses last year, and it got worse this year with the additions of Demitra (15 goals), Bernier (16 goals)...and subtractions of Naslund (25 goals), Morrisson (9 goals in 39 games). Oh what, the nucks were riddled with injuries, and that's why they couldn't score goals? Check that, Ohlund = injury prone, Salo = injury prone, Mitchell can't score any points but = injury prone...

Carey Price is overrated, BOOHOO.
Till Luongo does anything significant in the playoffs he's still at the same level as Price and a notch below guys like Ward and Osgood.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-11-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post
i like how they take pot shots at Price for 'folding' like a cheap tent. Didn't Price get a shutout in game 7 against the Bruins? Lol.
I like how they're also oblivious that they're ragging on a 20 year old goalie who playing with a bum hand in the 2nd round...
And i can't name ANY big UFA going to a team because they had a good goaltender. I mean is Luongo going to feed Sundin in the slot or something? Canucks had one of the worst offenses last year, and it got worse this year with the additions of Demitra (15 goals), Bernier (16 goals)...and subtractions of Naslund (25 goals), Morrisson (9 goals in 39 games). Oh what, the nucks were riddled with injuries, and that's why they couldn't score goals? Check that, Ohlund = injury prone, Salo = injury prone, Mitchell can't score any points but = injury prone...

Till Luongo does anything significant in the playoffs he's still at the same level as Price and a notch below guys like Ward and Osgood.
Many fanbases like to rag on Price, just to get a negative reaction out of us, when in fact, about 90% of them I'm sure would take Price on their teams in a heartbeat.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
Sorry bout that. You are correct, it was the Canes and it was 2 Confrence finals in 4 years, 98 and 2002. Bottom line the point remains that to infer the Leafs of that frame were a bad, barely playoff club that Mats could not lead is an asinine and stupid statement.

Mats, even at 70 points gives the Canucksa legit #1/2 center. He would make the Canucks so much better.
You don't need to convince me. I've seen what Sundin has done for the Leafs, but I'm also well aware of how much our team was underrated back then, even when we were pretty damn good. The Leafs fortunes are comparable to these kinds of perceptions about Sundin. The Oiler fan doesn't have to think so, but Sundin has always been larger than life for the Leafs. He's been our leading scorer every season he's been here, except one.

And watching him all last year, he's still got it. I personally want him to go somewhere he can win a Cup. I think that Vancouver is not a good fit because of the tight and ridiculous grind of the Western Conference, and also I don't think Montreal is a legitimate threat for the Cup this year - maybe 2-3 years down the line. If I had to choose, it'd be Vancouver so I wouldn't have to see him 6 times a year.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Todds Chiropractory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24morecupsthanyou View Post

I think the main reason Price is ragged on is because SOME habs fans grossly over rate him (such as putting him in top 5 NHL goalies) and i think people are trying to balance it out by unfairly rating him lowly. But saying Luongo is the same level as price and below Osgood or ward is just plain immature and ignorant.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
LeafsAlive*

Sundin just doesn't have it in his heart to leave Toronto. He'll stay.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Many fanbases like to rag on Price, just to get a negative reaction out of us, when in fact, about 90% of them I'm sure would take Price on their teams in a heartbeat.
If Price was on any of the other 29 teams he would be held in higher regard and people wouldn't bash him, they would be calling him a young Broduer, Luongo or Roy...but because he is a Hab he is all of sudden Steve Penny and Jim Carey.

There is only one other player better than Price drafted that same year and his name is Sidney Crosby, and we will see who wins that Cup first!

Old
07-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsAlive View Post
Yeah, so do I. But all the prognosticators have counted us out of the running, and they are never wrong...

I think he's waiting for all the dust to settle and see what the roster looks like before training camp. Listening to Leafs assistant GM, Jeff Jackson today, he said he expects to hear from Mats in a few weeks.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Todds Chiropractory

Quote:
In my opinion it is in Sundin's and the Maple leafs best interests to go their separate ways. the leafs can go for Tavares/Hedman And Sundin can go for a cup. Adding Sundin to the leafs would just get you guys a higher 1st rounder while missing the playoffs again.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Kessick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
In my opinion it is in Sundin's and the Maple leafs best interests to go their separate ways. the leafs can go for Tavares/Hedman And Sundin can go for a cup. Adding Sundin to the leafs would just get you guys a higher 1st rounder while missing the playoffs again.
Well, that's really Sundin's call. If we are to believe Mats, he wanted to retire a Maple Leaf. And if there is one thing I know, you have to take him at face value.

Right now I think it's just a matter of "do I want to play next season?," rather than a question of who he wants to play for. That is why all this bickering is hilarious. I don't even know how Carey Price fits into the equation or when this turned into a Luongo vs Price vs Brodeur thread.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
You need more than 3 scoring lines to be a championship - you know that as well as I do. I think you guys with Sundin are comparable to the 06 Hurricanes who won the cup. I think Vancouver with Sundin is very comparable to Anaheim of last year...who won the cup. The bottom line is Montreal with Sundin is a favourite and Vancouver with Sundin is a favourite....well, if not for Detroit. Now, if im Sundin who am I choosing, thats easy Vancouver is offering a ton of more cash and I could get away from the press, etc. etc.
Are all your 13K+ posts this hopeful?

Ah so many Sundin threads..... how many more do you need to look foolish in? I couldn't care less if Mats signs in Montreal or not, Vancouver is my West team. Glad to see both fanbases generate their fair share of lunacy.

Old
07-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
I dont know about that. After the big three it looks pretty shaky back there.
Not to say the Habs big 3 on defence = Anaheim's big 3 on defence, but you probably thought Anaheim's 4th-5th-6th defenceman in their cup year were ''shaky'' too.

Or maybe you need to be reminded of Carolina's top 6 on defence in 2005-06:

Hedican-Wesley-Ward-Commodore-Wallin-Kaberle

Great chemistry and a commitment to team defence (shot blocking) got them a ring, and props to them for it, but that blueline (aside from Ward) returned in 2006-07 and 2007-08 and Carolina didn't make the post-season because of the lack of quality on the blueline for the most part.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 07-11-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

In all my time on HF, I have never seen a fanbase so misinformed about a team than some of the Montreal fans are about Vancouver.

We have the best goalie in the league. We have a solid two-way defense. We have great, great checking players, and the Sedins are top line forwards (not in the playoffs yet, though). Both have been top 30 in league scoring the past two seasons with minimal help (injured Morrison and a rapidly declining Naslund).

Bernier is a huge upgrade to the top six. The twins have never had a linemate who on paper looks to fit them as well as he does. He hasn't had a big year yet, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't break 25 goals.

Demitra and whoever else with Sundin is a hell of a 1A/1B line. Raymond is top six ready, he is incredibly underrated. Throw in Krog/Wellwood/Grabner, and the competition will be fierce.

The Habs are a very good team, and one of the deepest in the league at forward. They have a star goalie and Markov is a top five blueliner in the league. He was a hart trophy candidate during the first half last season.

I just think that many of them are incredibly misinformed on the Canucks... this team made it to the second round with two top six players, and almost made the playoffs last year with awful injuries and an even more awful group of forwards.

Old
07-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Todds Chiropractory

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
In all my time on HF, I have never seen a fanbase so misinformed about a team than some of the Montreal fans are about Vancouver.

We have the best goalie in the league. We have a solid two-way defense. We have great, great checking players, and the Sedins are top line forwards (not in the playoffs yet, though). Both have been top 30 in league scoring the past two seasons with minimal help (injured Morrison and a rapidly declining Naslund).

Bernier is a huge upgrade to the top six. The twins have never had a linemate who on paper looks to fit them as well as he does. He hasn't had a big year yet, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't break 25 goals.

Demitra and whoever else with Sundin is a hell of a 1A/1B line. Raymond is top six ready, he is incredibly underrated. Throw in Krog/Wellwood/Grabner, and the competition will be fierce.

The Habs are a very good team, and one of the deepest in the league at forward. They have a star goalie and Markov is a top five blueliner in the league. He was a hart trophy candidate during the first half last season.

I just think that many of them are incredibly misinformed on the Canucks... this team made it to the second round with two top six players, and almost made the playoffs last year with awful injuries and an even more awful group of forwards.
Now this guy gets it. Perfect explanation.

Old
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:

Good checking........ I'm lollin'. That ain't even true dogg. Canucks are lacking character and strength. Pure strength. Bernier was a GREAT pick up. But as long as those Sedin twinz play together in this team, the team won't be able to even fight for the Cup. There guys lack all sort of thangs. Like fighting spirit, character, the face, the look of a warrior, eye of the tiger, they don't have a face of a winner, neither one. Be glad that Naslund left, he was awful. I always knew that this team couldn't win with Naslund and those Sedin twinz playing on the same team.... I mean wow. That's just bad.

If ya'll git' Sundin, it will be huge. That guy has it all, he does EVERYTHANG and he has it all. He's totally twerkin' with it mane. Ain't even no thang mane.

Luongo is overrated, overpaid. He only thinks of himself, not the team, I got evidence and proof. Luongo doesn't have what Roy, Brodeur, Belfour or like Hasek had. There are also many other better goalies than Luongo.

You got awful management and a pretty bad coach too. I'm lauging already. I knew this team couldn't fight for the Cup last season, and before that. With the Sedin twinz playing, this team can't win the Cup. Simple. Ya'll needs to get otha suckas. Like right now.

Old
07-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
almost made the playoffs last year with awful injuries and an even more awful group of forwards.
I'll give you that. Your entire NHL D corps was injured at one point.

Old
07-11-2008, 11:14 PM
fogducker

Montreal offence > Vancouver offence
Vancouver Defence > Montreal Defence
Luongo > Price

that's it

Old
07-11-2008, 11:22 PM
frederixx

guys, don't let sundin get between us

You guys will have a great team with Sundin, just like us. Let's turn our hate against the Leafs once again.

Old
07-11-2008, 11:57 PM
The Big Swede

I suspect Sundin will finish his career where he always wanted to

Old
07-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Payaso619*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface View Post
Good checking........ I'm lollin'. That ain't even true dogg. Canucks are lacking character and strength. Pure strength. Bernier was a GREAT pick up. But as long as those Sedin twinz play together in this team, the team won't be able to even fight for the Cup. There guys lack all sort of thangs. Like fighting spirit, character, the face, the look of a warrior, eye of the tiger, they don't have a face of a winner, neither one. Be glad that Naslund left, he was awful. I always knew that this team couldn't win with Naslund and those Sedin twinz playing on the same team.... I mean wow. That's just bad.

If ya'll git' Sundin, it will be huge. That guy has it all, he does EVERYTHANG and he has it all. He's totally twerkin' with it mane. Ain't even no thang mane.

Luongo is overrated, overpaid. He only thinks of himself, not the team, I got evidence and proof. Luongo doesn't have what Roy, Brodeur, Belfour or like Hasek had. There are also many other better goalies than Luongo.

You got awful management and a pretty bad coach too. I'm lauging already. I knew this team couldn't fight for the Cup last season, and before that. With the Sedin twinz playing, this team can't win the Cup. Simple. Ya'll needs to get otha suckas. Like right now.
LoL.

Old
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Bean in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
guys, don't let sundin get between us

You guys will have a great team with Sundin, just like us. Let's turn our hate against the Leafs once again.
i couldn't agree more! the only problem is, everyone already knows the leafs will be bad!

Old
07-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Reality Check

Quote:
Nor did he have the heart to do what was best for the franchise and waive his NTC and oh, I don't know...try to play for the Stanley Cup instead of screwing up his tee-time schedule

Let him return to Toronto, sign another fat contract and rot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface
You know your management staff is on shakey ground when Leaf fans take pot shots

Old
07-12-2008, 12:22 AM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarface View Post

All I got from that was you need to learn English.

Closed Thread