HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver Radio reports: Gonchar to Toronto tommorrow

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 11:46 AM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
Agreed Gonchar has years ahead of him and is already a top 3 offensive defenseman in the league.

and I agree that Gonch will bring in more then Jagr or Bondra did but I'm very skeptical that he'd bring in a pick a great prospect and a roster player either.

Antropov? I can see him being part of the deal, a draft pick? that as well, Colaiacovo? no, I mean he can already play pretty well at the NHL level and being the 17th ranked prospect in The Hockey News has got to mean something, He's likely finding a spot on the Roster next year and has offensive upside as well, I'd toss in Prospects like Bell, Kondratiev, White, Maybee Williams and Wellwood, but not Cola.

like I've said before could the Leafs use Gonchar?

Yeah we could BUT he is NOT essential, if the Leafs could add another Klee we'd still be looking a lot strong on the blue line then we do now, we need a top 4 D-Man, not neccisarily a #1 allthough a #1 like Gonchar would be Ideal, we can make do with another #2, 3 or 4.

What you could make do with, and what gets you over the hump are two different things.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

I'd take Colaiacovo before Antropov, and I think that McPhee would agree. If it had to be he and a mid-level pick, that would be ok by me. Antropov? If Toronto were willing to add him, great, but I think a young blue-chip asset on defense is what will be needed to get a deal done for Gonchar, from whichever team makes it happen.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:12 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
I'd take Colaiacovo before Antropov, and I think that McPhee would agree. If it had to be he and a mid-level pick, that would be ok by me. Antropov? If Toronto were willing to add him, great, but I think a young blue-chip asset on defense is what will be needed to get a deal done for Gonchar, from whichever team makes it happen.
just curious as there has been rumors that lacroix covets gonchar and the caps want young d prospects, how would you rate ballard and liles to that of colilacavo?

what would the trade value difference be/// a 3rd, maybe a 2nd?? between those 2 and carlo, what about paul martin in nj?

Old
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
just curious as there has been rumors that lacroix covets gonchar and the caps want young d prospects, how would you rate ballard and liles to that of colilacavo?

what would the trade value difference be/// a 3rd, maybe a 2nd?? between those 2 and carlo, what about paul martin in nj?
Paul Martin is overrated.

I think a package of Ballard/Liles would get you Gonchar, neither is as talented as Coliacovo.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
Paul Martin is overrated.

I think a package of Ballard/Liles would get you Gonchar, neither is as talented as Coliacovo.
If Ballard and Liles will get them Gonchar, then you certainly ren't getting Colaiacovo.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
How about Kondratiev then. He's 3rd on our prospect depth and hes young. Add a 2nd from next years draft and a 3rd and a 4th from this one. Or switch a pick for Bell/White.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:30 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
If Ballard and Liles will get them Gonchar, then you certainly ren't getting Colaiacovo.

You certainly haven't been watching Colorado enough. JM Liles is playing like a top-4 defenseman. Hes gritty, plays well positionally, and if I need to tell you about his offense, then i'm surprised you even know his name. By the way Keith Ballard is a kickass prospect, and was 52 on the top prospect list(it gives the top 75 in the hardcopy edition)

Old
02-19-2004, 03:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Caps would be thinking two holes filled nicely, rather than one filled incredibly.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Ballard and Liles... if both were offered as a package, then yes, I think the Caps would have to take that. If just one of them and a pick, then no, I think McPhee would hold out for a better player. Both would probably be too good to pass up, though.

Now if Lacroix tries to land both Gonchar and Kolzig... then I'm not sure what sort of package the Caps would seek or the Avalanche would offer.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:50 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
To inform Leafs and Caps fans:
The radio station just *speculated* that they *think* Gonchar will be dealt soon, and they mentioned a few teams: Colorado Detroit and Toronto. Nothing immenent though, like Miz said ( ).
I can 100% garantee you the wings arent in the race for gonchar. It would make absolutely no sense at all and would be the worst trade holland could make... We definitly dont need a offensive defensemen

Old
02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon
Caps would be thinking two holes filled nicely, rather than one filled incredibly.
If Ballard and Liles would land Gonchar, then would Toronto sending Maxim Kondratiev, Brendan Bell, and TOR 1st 2004 be competitive with that offer? (I don't know Liles too well, so I can't really guage that offer, but I do know he's very small for a defender)

Old
02-19-2004, 04:10 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
If Ballard and Liles would land Gonchar, then would Toronto sending Maxim Kondratiev, Brendan Bell, and TOR 1st 2004 be competitive with that offer? (I don't know Liles too well, so I can't really guage that offer, but I do know he's very small for a defender)
Liles > Kondratiev

Liles has stuck in the NHL this year and has played quite well for the Avs. Kondratiev played the first 7 or so games with Toronto, and SHOULD have stayed with the big club, but became a victim of the numbers game (and Pat Quinn's loyalt to veterans and proven players).
Kondratiev is IMHO as good a prospect, and has a slightly higher upside, however his market value is not close to Liles at this point. Kondratiev is still a relative unknown outside of Toronto.

Ballard > Bell

Ballard is just the better prospect period.

So that leaves Toronto 2004 1st. It's going to be a low first but I think the addition of the first would make Toronto's offer equal or a tad better (depending on how much Washington thinks of Kondratiev)

Old
02-19-2004, 04:10 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
I hope the Avs move Liles and Ballard for Gonchar.

That will kill them down the road big time!

Old
02-19-2004, 04:15 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix

they are already dead down the road....

Old
02-19-2004, 04:30 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:

And increase their already amazing chances at a Stanley Cup.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:39 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
And increase their already amazing chances at a Stanley Cup.
They don't lack offense from the blueline.

It's not going to increase their chances that much more than it already is.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:53 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
They don't lack offense from the blueline.

It's not going to increase their chances that much more than it already is.
Personally, I don't buy this whole "they are already good at one area, it won't help the team". I realize in order of priority it makes less logical sense, esp. when a team like Colorado does not have very many valuable non-roster assets.

If a team has Joe Thornton and they accquire Sergei Fedorov - is it such a bad move ? I mean, they already have a #1 C - they don't lack a top centre...

Old
02-19-2004, 07:11 PM
ATG

Still waiting on the trade

Old
02-19-2004, 07:15 PM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
Still waiting on the trade
I think theres gonna be a special midnight press conference to annouce the trade.

:p

Old
02-19-2004, 07:45 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
I think theres gonna be a special midnight press conference to annouce the trade.

:p
Ya never know :p :p

Old
02-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
It's called free agency.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:58 PM
dats-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik20
It's called free agency.
that will catch up with them though....

having young, good prospects is essential for keeping "core-guys", guys that are brought into the organization early and kept their ala Fedorov/Yzerman/Lidstrom in Detroit

look at Fedorov in Anaheim, I know they have a different system, but regardless of #'s he obviously isn't the same player

it really will catch up to them....

Old
02-20-2004, 07:40 AM
musdy

i hope they are right this time

Old
02-20-2004, 08:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrehedinrocks
i hope they are right this time

maybe today was tomorrow?

Old
02-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats-13
That's what people have been saying about the Red Wings for more than five years.

Closed Thread