HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Mike Morrison

Old
07-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Euros

vCash: 500
Mike Morrison

Hi ,
Mike has just signed to play in Austria (EBEL) for our rival Ljubljana Olimpija.

Could you guys overseas please describe new golie in our league ?

Link
http://www.erstebankliga.at/8f234634...f.html?arrSave[ArticleID]=3054

Euros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 05:41 AM
soundtigersfan

He was a solid goalie for us in Bridgeport of the AHL last year. He's also a nice guy off the ice. He's been known to sing while in goal during practice and, although he denies it, many people have spotted him playing air guitar after a goal by his teammates. He's a great guy who looks like a string bean off the ice but can make some big stops when you need him to.

soundtigersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
faneuil

Really tall and really thin - but still covers a lot of net. He's really relaxed in goal.

Solid, but not flashy.

If he lets a goal in really early (like in the first few minutes), it's probably going to be a bad night. If he doesn't let one in during the 1st, it's probably going to be a really really good night - for his team/fans anyway.

Excellent at shoot outs and breakaways. It's my favorite part of his game.

He's fun to watch in net, because he's so relaxed. Goes with the flow of the game really well. Doesn't overplay the puck. He's not a physical type goalie, but will defend his crease when necessary.

Euros, is there a good English or German site for the EBEL, so I can listen to games online? . I've been a fan of Morrison's for a long time and I don't want to miss anything!

Last edited by faneuil: 07-11-2008 at 03:18 PM.
faneuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by faneuil View Post
Really tall and really thin - but still covers a lot of net. He's really relaxed in goal.

Solid, but not flashy.

If he lets a goal in really early (like in the first few minutes), it's probably going to be a bad night. If he doesn't let one in during the 1st, it's probably going to be a really really good night - for his team/fans anyway.

Excellent at shoot outs and breakaways. It's my favorite part of his game.

He's fun to watch in net, because he's so relaxed. Goes with the flow of the game really well. Doesn't overplay the puck. He's not a physical type goalie, but will defend his crease when necessary.

Euros, is there a good English or German site for the EBEL, so I can listen to games online? . I've been a fan of Morrison's for a long time and I don't want to miss anything!

Hi Faneuil !!
Let me pass you some infor about Mike's season in Austria. Generally this guy is awfully bad golie. I have to admit his team is bad either, but has some talents (such as Todd Elik, Frank Banham,...) and good upside...

Going back to Mike let me tell you that he is huge disapointment. He was planned to replace great american golie Alex Westlund. He has been performing the whole like small untalented kid comparing to Westlund's heroics last year.
He just can NOT control rebound.

He is weak on high glowe side. Does he has any reflexes ?
He is prone leting in soft goals. I mean EVERY game.
He is outplayed each game by opposite golies no matter who it is
He is 4,10 GAA & 88.95%

I think he might be released in few days time. And he has just been letting down his teamates from day 1. He does not deserve any more chance. For example his team lost three tight road games because he let 2 or 3 softies in !!!

Old
10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Sneekypete

Honestly ,Last year in Bport he was the better of the 2 goalies playing there but I did not comfortable with Him or Mccdonald in net ever.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euros View Post
Hi Faneuil !!
Let me pass you some infor about Mike's season in Austria. Generally this guy is awfully bad golie. I have to admit his team is bad either, but has some talents (such as Todd Elik, Frank Banham,...) and good upside...

Going back to Mike let me tell you that he is huge disapointment. He was planned to replace great american golie Alex Westlund. He has been performing the whole like small untalented kid comparing to Westlund's heroics last year.
He just can NOT control rebound.

He is weak on high glowe side. Does he has any reflexes ?
He is prone leting in soft goals. I mean EVERY game.
He is outplayed each game by opposite golies no matter who it is
He is 4,10 GAA & 88.95%

I think he might be released in few days time. And he has just been letting down his teamates from day 1. He does not deserve any more chance. For example his team lost three tight road games because he let 2 or 3 softies in !!!

Mike Morrison has been FINALLY released by austrian team !!! Some local fans started calling him Mr.Softy. There was no (local hockey team) fan who supported him at the end. He was a reason why team was not able to win games...
I really cant believe he performed so weak. Thanks god he is a past for our team !

Old
01-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Petey21

Today Morrison signed with MODO Hockey of the Swedish Elite League (Elitserien).

Petey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 05:29 AM
slovenija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21 View Post
Today Morrison signed with MODO Hockey of the Swedish Elite League (Elitserien).
You will be very disappointed. He was sacked in our league ( Austrian).

slovenija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
faneuil

I'm actually really surprised that Modo signed him. His play this season in the EBEL seemed more like a death sentence. I've never been so disappointed in him.

I really think he's on the down side of his career, and is just trying to squeeze the last few drops he can.

I wish him luck though. The Morrison that showed up in Europe is not the Morrison I was used to watching.

Last edited by faneuil: 01-08-2009 at 11:15 AM.
faneuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Pellegrino

Modo is a club in crisis. They sacked goalkeeper Karol Krizan and were probably desperate to tie up a new goalkeeper...

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote