HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Irony of the Rangers vs Devils offseason directions...

Closed Thread

Old
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
Oh my God, we brought back Rolston, we gave him too much money, too many years, we are so old. We suck, I should read this thread and cry, oh my God, we might lose 6 games maybe 10 to the rangers next year, time for me to hang myself...I should log off right now and end it all. Lou is the worst GM in the world...hes so old, just like the devils. Long post, please read. Please read. Oh Sangy, oh Cherry, oh Potty, oh baby JD. Its all over, NJD getting the lottery pick. Tavares is a devil, oh no wait he will demand trade, nobody wants to play in the hood. Look at my post, look at my post.
wrong board pal. nice post thou, heres my favorite part.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
McRanger

Why are people arguing with Devils fans? These aren't Isles fans we are talking about, I am not sure there is am unbiased one in the whole lot. Some of these arguments have just been laughable.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Maybe, but this team is deeper and more balanced than last year's team.

Not to mention, younger, faster, and stronger.
I love how chemistry was such a huge issue at the for the first third of the season last year, so what does Sather do? Blows up half the team and starts over! Great, you got younger, you also got less talented up front. Of course Zherdev could wake the hell up, and Naslund COULD not continue to slide and maybe crack 50 points, and Dubinsky COULD emerge as a bigger scoring threat next season. A lot of ifs.

Quote:
I don't bash him because he has one eye, I bash him because he's a cheapshot artist with mediocre talent, at best, and would be a 7th defenseman on a championship caliber team.
Calling him a cheapshot artist would put him on the same level as Hollweg, which he clearly is nowhere near. Hollweg has time after time attempted to injure people in vulnerable positions, you can't say the same for White. Yeah, there's maybe the after the whistle glove smack, but the two are nowhere near comparable.

Oh, and you mean a championship caliber team like 2000? Crap, no that's not it. How about 2003? Damn.

Quote:
Jagr has declined 30 goals and 50 points from 06. Shanahan hasn't been the same since Renney burned him out about half-way through the 06-07 season, and then the Knuble collision completely killed his year.

They're getting older, and their play is declining with that age. It's not going to get better from here on out with them.
The bottom line is Jagr was still your top scorer, and Shanahan scored 23 goals. Whose Gomez going to set up? I don't think Zherdev or Naslund is the answer that will compensate for the loss of goals.

Quote:
Maybe it's because there aren't 20 teams that would take Colin White over Marc Staal.
He said White is a top 4 defensemen on 20 teams. That statement had nothing to do with Marc Staal.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Geez, Devil fans. All have the same things on their mind.
1. Can't accept the fact we smoked their team last year.
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post

The bottom line is Jagr was still your top scorer, and Shanahan scored 23 goals. Whose Gomez going to set up? I don't think Zherdev or Naslund is the answer.
Zherdev scored 26 goals last year i believe. while playing on a line with the likes of Manny Malhotra. and Naslund scored 25 goals last year playing on a line with Ryan Shannon.....exactly.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.
1. dont forget about that cup you won in 1994
2. how?in your mind you guys probably always have a better offseason then everyone because every year sather dishes out ridiculous contracts.
3. the only point to this thread on JA#11s part was because he has an inferiority complex. he is couldnt say a nice thing about the devils without then saying something negative to compensate. how do you expect us to react. and to be honest, its a shame because hes making a bad name for alot of good ranger posters

Old
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Brilliant analysis. You should replace The Mullet on ESPN.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Why are people arguing with Devils fans? These aren't Isles fans we are talking about, I am not sure there is am unbiased one in the whole lot. Some of these arguments have just been laughable.
way to generalize buddy.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
speaking of bias, have you read the first post?

Old
Elite Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina Nominee View Post
fixed

Old
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
We still have the previous 14 or so years to hang our hat on.

Quote:
Right.
Quote:
You've had better players than us before, and we both know how that's worked out for you guys so far.

Old
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
fixed
hahaha, i just caught that

Old
07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
John Torturella

This thread:

Old
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Elite Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
hahaha, i just caught that
Class clown...one laugh is all I need. Thankyou

Old
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
This thread:
o nice quote btw, ill just put words in your mouth too

Old
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
way to generalize buddy.

I've seen enough generalizations come from your fan base to last a few lifetimes, so pardon me if I don't care.

But hey, I did say "not sure", so there is always hope.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
im glad daddy sather buys you what you want every july....
I prefer it that way than to Lamoriello's method of only signing players he can control. He refuses to allow strong personalities on the team - somehow people think that's a good thing? I am sure it works at the Junior level (enter Brent Sutter), but not so much for the big boys.

Having a team full of yes-men works if they are good talent wise, but when it's time to dig deep those teams will always fall short.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Class clown...one laugh is all I need. Thankyou
Tsk tsk, it should have been finalist not nominee, there are no nominations involved. You get an "A" for effort though.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Maybe, but this team is deeper and more balanced than last year's team.

Not to mention, younger, faster, and stronger.

I don't bash him because he has one eye, I bash him because he's a cheapshot artist with mediocre talent, at best, and would be a 7th defenseman on a championship caliber team.

BETTER THAN STAAL LMFAO

Shanahan is burning out, and can't play in a top-6 role anymore.

Jagr wanted 14 million over 2 years, you think he's worth that much after his pitiful performance from October to February?

He had 3 power play goal droughts that lasted 10 or more games, including one that spanned 31 games.

Maybe you should watch the Rangers more instead of talking about them and pretending to have a clue.

Jagr has declined 30 goals and 50 points from 06. Shanahan hasn't been the same since Renney burned him out about half-way through the 06-07 season, and then the Knuble collision completely killed his year.

They're getting older, and their play is declining with that age. It's not going to get better from here on out with them.

Avery is another story, but to Sather's credit, he offered him 3 years, 12 million, and Pat Morris never called Sather back and went to Dallas for 750K more a year.

Clearly with Avery, he didn't give a crap about playing in NY, he just cared about the money.

Buy the Edmonton Oilers? They were all TRADED for.

Messier & Beukeboom: for Nicholls, Rice, and DeBrusk
Lowe: RFA signing.
MacTavish: for Marchant
Tikkanen: for Weight
Anderson: for Gartner

Next time, do your homework.

Maybe it's because there aren't 20 teams that would take Colin White over Marc Staal.
did i say thru free agency? no.

i didnt say trade either, but i thought everyone knew that they got them thru trades.

Old
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I prefer it that way than to Lamoriello's method of only signing players he can control. He refuses to allow strong personalities on the team - somehow people think that's a good thing? I am sure it works at the Junior level (enter Brent Sutter), but not so much for the big boys.

Having a team full of yes-men works if they are good talent wise, but when it's time to dig deep those teams will always fall short.
so you would rather have a team full of lazy bums who choose when they want to play hard over guys that work there ass every shift. I dont know about you but NO gm is trying to get those kinds of players.

Old
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post

bobby holik isnt a strong personality? avery and others maybe entertaining but what has it gotten you? its not like lous philosophy hasnt been working

Last edited by Gunnar Stahl 30: 07-10-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Quote:
1. dont forget about that cup you won in 1994
2. how?in your mind you guys probably always have a better offseason then everyone because every year sather dishes out ridiculous contracts.
3. the only point to this thread on JA#11s part was because he has an inferiority complex. he is couldnt say a nice thing about the devils without then saying something negative to compensate. how do you expect us to react. and to be honest, its a shame because hes making a bad name for alot of good ranger posters
1.Don't see how that is relevant.
2. That's not true. I like Rolston but he's not going to help that much because the Devils score like a soccer team. The Rangers went in a completely different direction and change the dynamic of the team. Speaking ridiculous contracs how about paying Rolston 5 mil per for the next 4 years when he's already close to 35?
3.It was his opinion.

Old
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
2. That's not true. I like Rolston but he's not going to help that much because the Devils score like a soccer team. The Rangers went in a completely different direction and change the dynamic of the team. Speaking ridiculous contracs how about paying Rolston 5 mil per for the next 4 years when he's already close to 35?
3.It was his opinion.
Oh for ****s sake, how many times do I have to post this?

http://www.boston.com/sports/article...or_two/?page=5

Quote:
Rolston will be 39 when the deal expires, and his extra dimension is in his legs. Few can keep up that speed in their late 30s, but as far as conditioning goes, he has always been more the exception than the rule.
http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...nally-had.html

Quote:
"I know people who when they're 35, they're going on 40 and I've had people who were 28 going on 40," Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said. "In Brian's case here, he's not a player at 35 years old. We look at him like a 30-year-old player. The way he keeps himself in shape and certainly the values he has as far as off the ice, we don't look at him as 35-year-old player. Age is a number. It has to do with exactly what he can bring and what he has. So, no, I'm not concerned."

"Maybe three years from now I will (be)," Lamoriello added, laughing, "But right now I'm not."

Old
07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
3.It was his opinion.
1. thats my point, how is you guys owning us last year relevant to this topic?

2. your right, i mean downgrading your offense and upgrading your defense will help you guys score more too. but your offense wasnt a big problem last year, you guys did scrore 7 more goals then us last year

3. and this is mine

Old
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeonta View Post
Brilliant analysis. You should replace The Mullet on ESPN.
That wasn't hockey analysis, that was a physco-analysis of Devils fans. Thanks for the recommendation though.
Quote:
fixed
And he outperformed your goalie head to head all year long.

Closed Thread