HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Irony of the Rangers vs Devils offseason directions...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
  #151
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
Oh my God, we brought back Rolston, we gave him too much money, too many years, we are so old. We suck, I should read this thread and cry, oh my God, we might lose 6 games maybe 10 to the rangers next year, time for me to hang myself...I should log off right now and end it all. Lou is the worst GM in the world...hes so old, just like the devils. Long post, please read. Please read. Oh Sangy, oh Cherry, oh Potty, oh baby JD. Its all over, NJD getting the lottery pick. Tavares is a devil, oh no wait he will demand trade, nobody wants to play in the hood. Look at my post, look at my post.
wrong board pal. nice post thou, heres my favorite part.

In The Flesh is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
  #152
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Why are people arguing with Devils fans? These aren't Isles fans we are talking about, I am not sure there is am unbiased one in the whole lot. Some of these arguments have just been laughable.

McRanger is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
  #153
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T.A.
Country: Israel
Posts: 7,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Maybe, but this team is deeper and more balanced than last year's team.

Not to mention, younger, faster, and stronger.
I love how chemistry was such a huge issue at the for the first third of the season last year, so what does Sather do? Blows up half the team and starts over! Great, you got younger, you also got less talented up front. Of course Zherdev could wake the hell up, and Naslund COULD not continue to slide and maybe crack 50 points, and Dubinsky COULD emerge as a bigger scoring threat next season. A lot of ifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I don't bash him because he has one eye, I bash him because he's a cheapshot artist with mediocre talent, at best, and would be a 7th defenseman on a championship caliber team.
Calling him a cheapshot artist would put him on the same level as Hollweg, which he clearly is nowhere near. Hollweg has time after time attempted to injure people in vulnerable positions, you can't say the same for White. Yeah, there's maybe the after the whistle glove smack, but the two are nowhere near comparable.

Oh, and you mean a championship caliber team like 2000? Crap, no that's not it. How about 2003? Damn.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Jagr has declined 30 goals and 50 points from 06. Shanahan hasn't been the same since Renney burned him out about half-way through the 06-07 season, and then the Knuble collision completely killed his year.

They're getting older, and their play is declining with that age. It's not going to get better from here on out with them.
The bottom line is Jagr was still your top scorer, and Shanahan scored 23 goals. Whose Gomez going to set up? I don't think Zherdev or Naslund is the answer that will compensate for the loss of goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Maybe it's because there aren't 20 teams that would take Colin White over Marc Staal.
He said White is a top 4 defensemen on 20 teams. That statement had nothing to do with Marc Staal.

Jersey Fresh is online now  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:04 PM
  #154
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Geez, Devil fans. All have the same things on their mind.
1. Can't accept the fact we smoked their team last year.
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
  #155
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post

The bottom line is Jagr was still your top scorer, and Shanahan scored 23 goals. Whose Gomez going to set up? I don't think Zherdev or Naslund is the answer.
Zherdev scored 26 goals last year i believe. while playing on a line with the likes of Manny Malhotra. and Naslund scored 25 goals last year playing on a line with Ryan Shannon.....exactly.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
  #156
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Geez, Devil fans. All have the same things on their mind.
1. Can't accept the fact we smoked their team last year.
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.
1. dont forget about that cup you won in 1994
2. how?in your mind you guys probably always have a better offseason then everyone because every year sather dishes out ridiculous contracts.
3. the only point to this thread on JA#11s part was because he has an inferiority complex. he is couldnt say a nice thing about the devils without then saying something negative to compensate. how do you expect us to react. and to be honest, its a shame because hes making a bad name for alot of good ranger posters

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
  #157
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Geez, Devil fans. All have the same things on their mind.
1. Can't accept the fact we smoked their team last year.
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.
Brilliant analysis. You should replace The Mullet on ESPN.

Das Uber is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:11 PM
  #158
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Why are people arguing with Devils fans? These aren't Isles fans we are talking about, I am not sure there is am unbiased one in the whole lot. Some of these arguments have just been laughable.
way to generalize buddy.


sattar18 is online now  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
  #159
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Why are people arguing with Devils fans? These aren't Isles fans we are talking about, I am not sure there is am unbiased one in the whole lot. Some of these arguments have just been laughable.
speaking of bias, have you read the first post?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
  #160
Elite Swede
Registered User
 
Elite Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina Nominee View Post
Geez, Devil fans. All have the same things on their mind.
1. Can't accept the fact we smoked their team last year.
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.
fixed

Elite Swede is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
  #161
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: T.A.
Country: Israel
Posts: 7,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
1. Can't accept the fact we smoked their team last year.
We still have the previous 14 or so years to hang our hat on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
2. Can't accept it the Rangers might have had a better off season than the Devils.
Right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
3. Can't believe the possibility that the Rangers might have some better players than the Devils.
You've had better players than us before, and we both know how that's worked out for you guys so far.

Jersey Fresh is online now  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:13 PM
  #162
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
fixed
hahaha, i just caught that

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:16 PM
  #163
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
This thread:

John Torturella is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
  #164
Elite Swede
Registered User
 
Elite Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
hahaha, i just caught that
Class clown...one laugh is all I need. Thankyou

Elite Swede is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
  #165
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
This thread:
o nice quote btw, ill just put words in your mouth too

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
  #166
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
way to generalize buddy.

I've seen enough generalizations come from your fan base to last a few lifetimes, so pardon me if I don't care.

But hey, I did say "not sure", so there is always hope.

McRanger is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:19 PM
  #167
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
im glad daddy sather buys you what you want every july....
I prefer it that way than to Lamoriello's method of only signing players he can control. He refuses to allow strong personalities on the team - somehow people think that's a good thing? I am sure it works at the Junior level (enter Brent Sutter), but not so much for the big boys.

Having a team full of yes-men works if they are good talent wise, but when it's time to dig deep those teams will always fall short.

abev is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:20 PM
  #168
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
Class clown...one laugh is all I need. Thankyou
Tsk tsk, it should have been finalist not nominee, there are no nominations involved. You get an "A" for effort though.

McRanger is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #169
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Maybe, but this team is deeper and more balanced than last year's team.

Not to mention, younger, faster, and stronger.



I don't bash him because he has one eye, I bash him because he's a cheapshot artist with mediocre talent, at best, and would be a 7th defenseman on a championship caliber team.



BETTER THAN STAAL LMFAO



Shanahan is burning out, and can't play in a top-6 role anymore.

Jagr wanted 14 million over 2 years, you think he's worth that much after his pitiful performance from October to February?

He had 3 power play goal droughts that lasted 10 or more games, including one that spanned 31 games.

Maybe you should watch the Rangers more instead of talking about them and pretending to have a clue.



Jagr has declined 30 goals and 50 points from 06. Shanahan hasn't been the same since Renney burned him out about half-way through the 06-07 season, and then the Knuble collision completely killed his year.

They're getting older, and their play is declining with that age. It's not going to get better from here on out with them.

Avery is another story, but to Sather's credit, he offered him 3 years, 12 million, and Pat Morris never called Sather back and went to Dallas for 750K more a year.

Clearly with Avery, he didn't give a crap about playing in NY, he just cared about the money.



Buy the Edmonton Oilers? They were all TRADED for.

Messier & Beukeboom: for Nicholls, Rice, and DeBrusk
Lowe: RFA signing.
MacTavish: for Marchant
Tikkanen: for Weight
Anderson: for Gartner

Next time, do your homework.




Maybe it's because there aren't 20 teams that would take Colin White over Marc Staal.
did i say thru free agency? no.

i didnt say trade either, but i thought everyone knew that they got them thru trades.

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #170
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I prefer it that way than to Lamoriello's method of only signing players he can control. He refuses to allow strong personalities on the team - somehow people think that's a good thing? I am sure it works at the Junior level (enter Brent Sutter), but not so much for the big boys.

Having a team full of yes-men works if they are good talent wise, but when it's time to dig deep those teams will always fall short.
so you would rather have a team full of lazy bums who choose when they want to play hard over guys that work there ass every shift. I dont know about you but NO gm is trying to get those kinds of players.

sattar18 is online now  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #171
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I prefer it that way than to Lamoriello's method of only signing players he can control. He refuses to allow strong personalities on the team - somehow people think that's a good thing? I am sure it works at the Junior level (enter Brent Sutter), but not so much for the big boys.

Having a team full of yes-men works if they are good talent wise, but when it's time to dig deep those teams will always fall short.
bobby holik isnt a strong personality? avery and others maybe entertaining but what has it gotten you? its not like lous philosophy hasnt been working


Last edited by Gunnar Stahl 30: 07-10-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #172
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
1. dont forget about that cup you won in 1994
2. how?in your mind you guys probably always have a better offseason then everyone because every year sather dishes out ridiculous contracts.
3. the only point to this thread on JA#11s part was because he has an inferiority complex. he is couldnt say a nice thing about the devils without then saying something negative to compensate. how do you expect us to react. and to be honest, its a shame because hes making a bad name for alot of good ranger posters
1.Don't see how that is relevant.
2. That's not true. I like Rolston but he's not going to help that much because the Devils score like a soccer team. The Rangers went in a completely different direction and change the dynamic of the team. Speaking ridiculous contracs how about paying Rolston 5 mil per for the next 4 years when he's already close to 35?
3.It was his opinion.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:24 PM
  #173
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens
 
Das Uber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: United States
Posts: 23,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
1.Don't see how that is relevant.
2. That's not true. I like Rolston but he's not going to help that much because the Devils score like a soccer team. The Rangers went in a completely different direction and change the dynamic of the team. Speaking ridiculous contracs how about paying Rolston 5 mil per for the next 4 years when he's already close to 35?
3.It was his opinion.
Oh for ****s sake, how many times do I have to post this?

http://www.boston.com/sports/article...or_two/?page=5

Quote:
Rolston will be 39 when the deal expires, and his extra dimension is in his legs. Few can keep up that speed in their late 30s, but as far as conditioning goes, he has always been more the exception than the rule.
http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...nally-had.html

Quote:
"I know people who when they're 35, they're going on 40 and I've had people who were 28 going on 40," Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said. "In Brian's case here, he's not a player at 35 years old. We look at him like a 30-year-old player. The way he keeps himself in shape and certainly the values he has as far as off the ice, we don't look at him as 35-year-old player. Age is a number. It has to do with exactly what he can bring and what he has. So, no, I'm not concerned."

"Maybe three years from now I will (be)," Lamoriello added, laughing, "But right now I'm not."

Das Uber is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
  #174
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
1.Don't see how that is relevant.
2. That's not true. I like Rolston but he's not going to help that much because the Devils score like a soccer team. The Rangers went in a completely different direction and change the dynamic of the team. Speaking ridiculous contracs how about paying Rolston 5 mil per for the next 4 years when he's already close to 35?
3.It was his opinion.
1. thats my point, how is you guys owning us last year relevant to this topic?

2. your right, i mean downgrading your offense and upgrading your defense will help you guys score more too. but your offense wasnt a big problem last year, you guys did scrore 7 more goals then us last year

3. and this is mine

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
  #175
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary
 
Lundqvist=Vezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: My world
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeonta View Post
Brilliant analysis. You should replace The Mullet on ESPN.
That wasn't hockey analysis, that was a physco-analysis of Devils fans. Thanks for the recommendation though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Swede View Post
fixed
And he outperformed your goalie head to head all year long.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.