HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to Russia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
  #301
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matys View Post
Radulov scored two goals in win 4-3 against HK Skalica yesterday
Scott Nichol scored two shorthanded goals against St. Louis on January 19th.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
  #302
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I find it amusing that all of a sudden Radulov is a uncoachable player.. after he leaves us.

As usual, anytime a player leaves us he is dogged all over the boards and how we are a better team because of it.
I've said it a few times over the past two seasons!!! He has been incredibly disrespectful to the coaches and his own teammates at several training camp and open practice sessions I've witnessed.

Ask anyone with any knowledge of the organization...Radulov was not a very popular person and people didn't really have too much of a problem letting you know that. "Captain Clueless", "Borat", "Dino", etc were all nicknames for Alex and I've heard several that aren't appropriate for this messageboard.

Overall, I'm not saying that we are a better team without his talent at all. His production though can be offset with a couple people stepping up their game in new roles and overall it will be a better environment and we will be a better TEAM because of Radulov's departure.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
  #303
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
I heard that Radulov and Kariya have a secret love relationship going on.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 02:29 PM
  #304
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I heard that Radulov and Kariya have a secret love relationship going on.
Nope, PK is still with Selanne. Why do you think it's taken Teemu this long to decide whether he's playing again or not?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
  #305
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29 View Post
Well, that seems to be what Trotz wanted him to be.

Long story, Stranger, but I took an exception to Trotz calling out Radulov for not playing defense after he scored his first 2 goal game for us.

No, I don't want to get back into it, 9". We disagree... that's all that can be said.
Haha, I wouldn't have responded...thanks for thinking of me though

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 02:21 AM
  #306
NY Dynasty
Greetings stranger!
 
NY Dynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New York
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
I was always a fan of Radulov but this whole situation does show bad character. I can see why he left but it still does not justify his actions. Interesting though that he bolts back home after years spent learning and developing in North America. This whole situation kinda surprised me when it first happened.

NY Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 10:44 AM
  #307
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Dynasty View Post
I was always a fan of Radulov but this whole situation does show bad character. I can see why he left but it still does not justify his actions. Interesting though that he bolts back home after years spent learning and developing in North America. This whole situation kinda surprised me when it first happened.
I was told the first word he learned was money, I think so at least ... or maybe it was Mother & Tit

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
  #308
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
I was told the first word he learned was money, I think so at least ... or maybe it was Mother & Tit
I think that is just something people say, I want to think that I heard the same thing out of Ovechkin somewhere.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 12:41 PM
  #309
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I think that is just something people say, I want to think that I heard the same thing out of Ovechkin somewhere.
I don't think I see Radulov's name as part of this story

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
  #310
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Oh dont get me wrong, that wasnt a shot at Ao at all, I just think Ive heard this accusation pinned on more than one player that comes from overseas to play, that's all.


Im not even saying it in Radulovs defense, I just think Ive heard that, and I could be completely wrong.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
  #311
ZDH
Registered User
 
ZDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas080815.html

"The NHL for 15 years has brought young players from Europe, first and foremost from Russia," Radulov said, via a translation on Russianprospects.com. "I think that it is time to end this. Simply put: (It's) time to stop robbing us."


wow, he's a moron

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
  #312
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas080815.html

"The NHL for 15 years has brought young players from Europe, first and foremost from Russia," Radulov said, via a translation on Russianprospects.com. "I think that it is time to end this. Simply put: (It's) time to stop robbing us."


wow, he's a moron

From the Urban Dictionary:

Dickweed (n.) A person so irredeemably stupid that their idiotic behavior causes pain to everyone that they interact with.

I think that's much more fitting than moron, personally.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
  #313
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas080815.html

"The NHL for 15 years has brought young players from Europe, first and foremost from Russia," Radulov said, via a translation on Russianprospects.com. "I think that it is time to end this. Simply put: (It's) time to stop robbing us."


wow, he's a moron
I think he just blacklisted himself

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2008, 04:27 PM
  #314
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,571
vCash: 500
wait, who are you guys talking about?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 01:04 PM
  #315
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Just have Russia send us some money for the last year of his contract and I'll be happy.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
  #316
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I've said it a few times over the past two seasons!!! He has been incredibly disrespectful to the coaches and his own teammates at several training camp and open practice sessions I've witnessed.

Ask anyone with any knowledge of the organization...Radulov was not a very popular person and people didn't really have too much of a problem letting you know that. "Captain Clueless", "Borat", "Dino", etc were all nicknames for Alex and I've heard several that aren't appropriate for this messageboard.

Overall, I'm not saying that we are a better team without his talent at all. His production though can be offset with a couple people stepping up their game in new roles and overall it will be a better environment and we will be a better TEAM because of Radulov's departure.
So it appears Sundin is going to stay in the US North East (Philly or NYR) who's/what's next ? or that's the RUMOR from Brooks

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
  #317
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
So it appears Sundin is going to stay in the US North East (Philly or NYR) who's/what's next ? or that's the RUMOR from Brooks
At this point I would look for Vancouver, Toronto, and/or Montreal to reassess their roster situation and begin really making a stronger push for their secondary targets (Parrish, Murray, etc) to fill any remaining holes.

Of course, it is just a rumor and I still don't suspect any major signings until Sundin actually makes his decision final or at least has his agent inform teams that they are no longer in the running as he makes up his mind.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
  #318
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,504
vCash: 500
I'm surprised how little Poile has done since the Radulov situation....I was almost certain we would pick up at least one additional forward....

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
  #319
rj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Just have Russia send us some money for the last year of his contract and I'll be happy.
I think Malkin's team tried to do that with the Penguins and the NHL said no.

rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
  #320
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,643
vCash: 500
Jackets fan here.

NHL refusing to take compensation, but at least they are really sticking up for the Preds.

Good to see.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2468...=headlines_nhl

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
  #321
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Jackets fan here.

NHL refusing to take compensation, but at least they are really sticking up for the Preds.

Good to see.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2468...=headlines_nhl
I love Daly's quotes!!! Medvedev is right though...this will ultimately come down to a court battle.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
  #322
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
maybe Radulov knows something we dont.

like...

Arab nations join with Russia, set sights on Isreal and America, WW3 imminent...



jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 11:40 AM
  #323
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,951
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16520

Well, if true I will NOT be happy about it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
  #324
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16520

Well, if true I will NOT be happy about it.
we could always try to trade him off on somebody

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2008, 11:52 AM
  #325
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16520

Well, if true I will NOT be happy about it.
agreed ... he's just going to dog it

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.