HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Last Thing...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2004, 07:07 PM
  #1
Jacques Strappe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Halifax
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
The Last Thing...

... I wanted to do was to start with the TRADE, TRADE, TRADE chant! Before the break I thought we had an excellent chance to finish 5th or 6th in the conference.
Now I want to have faith, but it's getting harder and harder. I thought the organization would be in excellent shape if they could take it's current roster into the playoffs and subsequently next season (I truly believe there will be one) with a slightly more mature team (just a matter of time before the deadwood just disappears).
I think Gainey gives the team until Saturday (against the Leafs) to turn things around. If not, then he'll have to do something. I just don't know what. He's very hard to read.
The Gonchar rumours have been flying around. My question is this: Considering how the Sens got Bondra for so cheap, what will the Habs need to give up for Gonchar? Or do we run with our young guns (give Hainsey another shot), and hope for the best?

Also just wanted to send my regrets regarding Souray. His Norris flew out the window with that injury. Next year tho'!

Jacques Strappe is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 09:07 AM
  #2
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
... I wanted to do was to start with the TRADE, TRADE, TRADE chant! Before the break I thought we had an excellent chance to finish 5th or 6th in the conference.
Now I want to have faith, but it's getting harder and harder.
Have faith, there is still alot of hockey left and there is still time to right the ship. We WILL make the playoffs!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
... The Gonchar rumours have been flying around. My question is this: Considering how the Sens got Bondra for so cheap, what will the Habs need to give up for Gonchar?
One big difference between Bondra and Gonchar is age. Bondra is 36 and has a year and a bit left before he retires (more than likely) while Gonchar is only 29. Also Bondra wasn't acquired THAT cheap. I think people are seriously underrating Laich as a prospect. This guy looks to be a definate NHL'er in a year or two (or less now that he is in Washington).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
Also just wanted to send my regrets regarding Souray. His Norris flew out the window with that injury. Next year tho'!
Maybe the injury will help the habs sign him for less this offseason. Just trying to look at a brightside.

Darz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.