HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zednik incident

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2008, 02:09 AM
  #1
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Zednik incident

I was earlier asking about how Zednik is doing in some other thread and in some other threads there were some discussions related to this incident (how it was affecting Olli etc) but didn't want to continue topic there:
"I agree it's a possibility. He even had the perfect cover in the Zednik incident to use as an excuse he was playing bad if that were the case. None of us here know how long it would take to come back from something like that but just pointing out that if indeed he had gotten through it and was back to normal that he could have used that as the excuse and dogged it to try and get JM canned."
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530695&page=6

I guess Panthers do not have to worry anymore how it is affecting Olli but Zednik is still part of Panthers and nobody really knows how long it takes to come back from something like that but everybody remembers Clint Malarchuk. I was reading a book called "Weird facts about canadian hockey" by Peter Boer and it has story about Malarchuk incident and here's a quote:
"Most incredibly, Malarchuk returned to the ice only 11 games later to a standing ovation, though he was never the same man. He retired in 1992 and was later diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder"

So will Zednik be same as before (probably not) or will longer break from hockey (summer) help him ?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 02:15 AM
  #2
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,669
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
I was earlier asking about how Zednik is doing in some other thread and in some other threads there were some discussions related to this incident (how it was affecting Olli etc) but didn't want to continue topic there:
"I agree it's a possibility. He even had the perfect cover in the Zednik incident to use as an excuse he was playing bad if that were the case. None of us here know how long it would take to come back from something like that but just pointing out that if indeed he had gotten through it and was back to normal that he could have used that as the excuse and dogged it to try and get JM canned."
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530695&page=6

I guess Panthers do not have to worry anymore how it is affecting Olli but Zednik is still part of Panthers and nobody really knows how long it takes to come back from something like that but everybody remembers Clint Malarchuk. I was reading a book called "Weird facts about canadian hockey" by Peter Boer and it has story about Malarchuk incident and here's a quote:
"Most incredibly, Malarchuk returned to the ice only 11 games later to a standing ovation, though he was never the same man. He retired in 1992 and was later diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder"

So will Zednik be same as before (probably not) or will longer break from hockey (summer) help him ?

JOL
Who knows. Only Zeds will be able to answer that question when he steps back on the ice, whenever that may be. From what I remember, he was very anxious to get back on the ice and help his team, which shows a lot about his character. Whether or not the incident will affect his game on the ice, we shall see. I think once he nets that first goal early, it will be a much easier transition for him.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:41 AM
  #3
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
I was earlier asking about how Zednik is doing in some other thread and in some other threads there were some discussions related to this incident (how it was affecting Olli etc) but didn't want to continue topic there:
"I agree it's a possibility. He even had the perfect cover in the Zednik incident to use as an excuse he was playing bad if that were the case. None of us here know how long it would take to come back from something like that but just pointing out that if indeed he had gotten through it and was back to normal that he could have used that as the excuse and dogged it to try and get JM canned."
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530695&page=6

I guess Panthers do not have to worry anymore how it is affecting Olli but Zednik is still part of Panthers and nobody really knows how long it takes to come back from something like that but everybody remembers Clint Malarchuk. I was reading a book called "Weird facts about canadian hockey" by Peter Boer and it has story about Malarchuk incident and here's a quote:
"Most incredibly, Malarchuk returned to the ice only 11 games later to a standing ovation, though he was never the same man. He retired in 1992 and was later diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder"

So will Zednik be same as before (probably not) or will longer break from hockey (summer) help him ?

JOL
Did the book say that was caused by the incident??? How would anyone know for sure???

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 06:48 AM
  #4
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Who knows. Only Zeds will be able to answer that question when he steps back on the ice, whenever that may be. From what I remember, he was very anxious to get back on the ice and help his team, which shows a lot about his character. Whether or not the incident will affect his game on the ice, we shall see. I think once he nets that first goal early, it will be a much easier transition for him.
He was already skating towards the end of the season. I think he will be nervous at first and probably will have a slow start but once the season gets going I think he will get through it and play like his old self. I think it is essential for him to play as much as possible in preseason so he can get through it as quickly as possible!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 11:07 AM
  #5
VirtualSpree
 
VirtualSpree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Did the book say that was caused by the incident??? How would anyone know for sure???
I'm pretty sure malarchuk would know for sure

VirtualSpree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 01:36 PM
  #6
39ontheline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
He was already skating towards the end of the season. I think he will be nervous at first and probably will have a slow start but once the season gets going I think he will get through it and play like his old self. I think it is essential for him to play as much as possible in preseason so he can get through it as quickly as possible!
I am pulling for the guy as much as anyone, and I am really happy he's healthy but if we're talking strict hockey then this guy is nothing special. If the team is hoping to get him back to his "old self" they can look forward to 25 game goalless streaks and lots of floating in the D zone. He wasnt that good to begin with but he really seems to be a nice guy and I hope he can continue his career and lead a normal life more than anything after all that has happened.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 03:26 PM
  #7
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
I was earlier asking about how Zednik is doing in some other thread and in some other threads there were some discussions related to this incident (how it was affecting Olli etc) but didn't want to continue topic there:
"I agree it's a possibility. He even had the perfect cover in the Zednik incident to use as an excuse he was playing bad if that were the case. None of us here know how long it would take to come back from something like that but just pointing out that if indeed he had gotten through it and was back to normal that he could have used that as the excuse and dogged it to try and get JM canned."
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530695&page=6

I guess Panthers do not have to worry anymore how it is affecting Olli but Zednik is still part of Panthers and nobody really knows how long it takes to come back from something like that but everybody remembers Clint Malarchuk. I was reading a book called "Weird facts about canadian hockey" by Peter Boer and it has story about Malarchuk incident and here's a quote:
"Most incredibly, Malarchuk returned to the ice only 11 games later to a standing ovation, though he was never the same man. He retired in 1992 and was later diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder"

So will Zednik be same as before (probably not) or will longer break from hockey (summer) help him ?

JOL
after THIS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238
Zednik had his best two seasons in his career.

fractured face bones, concussion of the brain etc.

So if you ask me, he can be even better....

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 04:45 PM
  #8
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Did the book say that was caused by the incident??? How would anyone know for sure???
Probably nobody knows (maybe he and his doctor) but he started acting "strangely", next sentence in book:
"He has since taken up coaching and is now the goaltending coach with the Florida Panthers."

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
  #9
Whale4ever
 
Whale4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
after THIS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MoIlaK5j238
Zednik had his best two seasons in his career.

fractured face bones, concussion of the brain etc.

So if you ask me, he can be even better....
That's quite a bush-league hit. Hadn't seen it previously.

McLaren's a punk. Makes for good video, though.

I'd guess Zeds will be given every opportunity to wrangle a top-six roster spot, but DeBoer's patience is an unknown quantity here. Who knows how long, if Zed's performance is "lacking", until our junior coach pulls the plug?

Martin had to play him through that rough patch last year due to no other options at forward (cynics would say it was JM attempting to justify his acquisition). Whatever the case, this club cannot afford to stand pat in the face of adversity, and hopefully Coach D is strong enough to make his case for change to management, regardless of who signed the player in question.

Whale4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 04:01 AM
  #10
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
He was already skating towards the end of the season. I think he will be nervous at first and probably will have a slow start but once the season gets going I think he will get through it and play like his old self. I think it is essential for him to play as much as possible in preseason so he can get through it as quickly as possible!
He wasn't hockey skating, though - he was on the ice for only a very light, casual skate - recreational kind of stuff. He was still under doctor's orders at the time to keep the physical activity light to avoid rupturing the artery.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.