HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Going on a working holiday

Old
07-11-2008, 12:37 AM
We'reGonnaWin*

vCash: 500
Going on a working holiday

I've narrowed down my choices to Ireland, England, Australia and New Zealand.

Anyone with some insights they want to share? Ideally, I'd like to find a job in the environmental, geography, urban planning field as a permanent or temp. And looking to have a good time and be able to travel on weekends. Any one of these places stand out?

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 05:04 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
My sister spent 4 months studying abroad in Australia and she said she had some of the best times of her life, so Australia.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:15 PM
MoonlightGraham

I spend 3 months in London on a working holiday last summer, definitely the best summer of my life. Do it. You might go through some tough times times living on your own in a foreign country, but it's an incredibly rewarding experience. I learned so much about myself and gained a lot of maturity over there. A lot of friends and relatives told me I came back different, much more confident and mature than before I left.

I liked being in Europe because you're so close to so many different countries and cultures, if you want to travel around a bit. Budget companies like EasyJet or Ryanair can get you everywhere in Europe for pretty cheap.

I loved London. It obviously is a huge city so there were a lot of job opportunities in many different fields. And it's also a very vibrant and intersting city, with countless things to see and do.

But Australia or New Zealand sound great too, so it's your pick really...

I went with this program. They can get you a temporary working visa in Australia, New Zealand, England and others... http://www.swap.ca/

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:52 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I hate England and Ireland. Not because I am French or German or live anywhere close to there. I live in America but I took a vacation with my family there and absolutely hated every second of it. Terrible weather, rains all the time, and I just frankly cant stand English people and their accents. Id say go to Aussieland or New Zealand. My cousin and his wife went there for 3 weeks and they highly recommend it.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:51 PM
n0pan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
Personally, I'd like to visit someday England and Australia. I've had a few friends going there and almost all of 'em loved it. It pretty much depends on what are you going to do there. Since you want a geographical, environmental job, then I'm probably going to recommend to you Australia. I honestly do not mind their accents, but according to my friends who went to England, that their accents get pretty annoying after awhile. The Australian accent is not better. You just need some time to get used to it, and then you're pretty much fine!

n0pan is offline   Reply With Quote