HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn is Prime

Old
07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
warrior poet

vCash: 500
I love Sergei's enthusiasm, and he works hard, but I think 70 is a bit optimistic, I agree with the 50 mark. As far as being like Koivu, Sergie doesn't seem as fragile so odds are he will be more successful in the long run as he shouldn't have as many injuries. I hope in his second year he'll be smarter and not take as many dumb penalties.

warrior poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
Anyone else excited to see this kid next season... just last year he finished with the London Knights, and made the big jump, in a limited amount of games played great... and in the playoffs, was a threat every night... I can't wait to see this kid next year and see him put up 70+ pts.

Thats right, i called it here. SK will put up 70+ points...
He is a couple seasons away from his prime, but I think he will be a pleasant suprise and player who continues to climb point wise and value wise much the same Plekanec has with the Habs.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn is the ****ing boy.
Fixed.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habbadasher

Sergei was only 20 years old this past year, his upside is very good.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:12 AM
FrankMTL

I love Sergei. He's got such a large pair of cohones....

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

IMHO, i think Sergei will surpass his brother (not to take anything away from Andrei) for his overall play. He'll be a more complete player. This kid is the bomb and will become a crowd favorite in no time. With what he can do at his present age, this guy will become a top50 player in this league for sure, it would be really surprised of the opposite. I've followed his progression since his softmore year in the OHL and there hasn't been a prospect I've been more stoked about in the last decade. He's got everything to be a complete player. A lot of people say that he reminds them of Koivu at the same age, but having seen Fedorov play at a young age when he started out with the Wings, I see many similarities in their style of play. Just my opinion. I know the rookie stats are far from the same, but Fedorov was playing in an NHL that had less talent league-wide and a time where defensive systems weren't used as much.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Domenic

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post

Hey... that's already taken... it's Optimus Price, with the big equipment an'all, he definetly looks like Prime.

Old
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

ok so Richards is Cannon and Sergei is Prime?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Le Slow Poke*

Quote:
Anyone else excited to see this kid next season... just last year he finished with the London Knights, and made the big jump, in a limited amount of games played great... and in the playoffs, was a threat every night... I can't wait to see this kid next year and see him put up 70+ pts.

Thats right, i called it here. SK will put up 70+ points...
It all depends what they do with him. He caught the eye of every NHL team last year and if is given 1st/2nd line minutes my guess is he will be a 50+ point player next year with a +/- of + 10. 70 points is not too far of a stretch from his first NHL experience.

The catch is that if he gets 3rd/4th line duty while watching Latentresse having a Lattentrese season while on the 1st/2nd line with PP time he'll be gone as soon as he can and teams will be knocking at the door for him... and his brother.

Le Slow Poke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Mont Royale

Quote:
Fine make it 70 points...
Tsk! Don't let those boys bully you into changing your prediction.

Mont Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
How many posts before Erika shows up?

Erika says hi !!

As for Sergei Kostitsyn, this kid is THE BOMB !!!!! I mean he's the best prospect I've seen with the habs in the last 5-6 years and that Includes Higgins, Ryder, A.Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Latendresse, Komisarek and Hainsey. Even before his first season in London, I knew from day one that he'd be something special when the Habs drafted him 200th overall !! I don't know what it was, but it was just that feeling !! I always said that it wasn't Kane and Gagner that made him, but the reverse !! Nobody believed me. Some people now are starting to open their eyes.

As for the HF Habs prospects list, I didn't understand why he was placed 7th last year. For me, he was number 2 only behind Carey Price !! Nobody agreed with me and some even agreed that Kyle "Freakin" Chipchura should be higher than him. Again, people are starting to open their eyes !!

The kid is an all around offensive forward, good shooting skills, good defensively, extraordinay playmaking skills, incredible hockey sense and vision, gritty, fierce competitor, isn't afraid to get into fights and play physical, delivers bone crushing hits, good skating abilities, can quarterback the Powerplay and is nice looking !!

What else do you guys want ? This kid is the complete package and he is barely 21 years old !!

Anything under 55 points next year for Sergei would be a huge dissapointment for me, as I expect around 60 points from him.

In 3 years, he will be the most complete player in this team and will surpass his brother in offensive production no doubt in my mind !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Fido22

I like it when Erika talks sexy like that.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
couris

couris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Kachino

Send a message via MSN to Kachino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I like it when Erika talks sexy like that.
Likewise... I just love that smiley... I think WTK shares the feeling...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiprice View Post
70? what are you guys on?
let him crack 50 first...he'll have trouble reaching that if he can't stay out of the penalty box
I'd really be surprised if he does not rack up 70 pts for two reasons:

1. Carbo has confidence in the kid and has given him more responsibility as shown in the playoffs with his special teams play, scoring, and good plus/minus. More TOI and special teams is going to make a difference. Also his own confidence level has him making plays instead of deferring to the guys with seniority like Higgins and Koivu out of respect

2. The kid has demonstrated the skills to do it.

The first time I saw this kid play exhibition games for London it stood out how much better he was than most players. I think he got 5 points his first game. When you see kids who you've never seen before play that kind of game, you get the hockey version of the feeling that prospectors get when they find gold. I could tell right away that the habs (and Hunters) had done some good scouting to see the kid play. Taking him in the 7th was a steal

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 03:10 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiprice View Post
70? what are you guys on?
let him crack 50 first...he'll have trouble reaching that if he can't stay out of the penalty box
speaking of crack...what kind are you on?

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 03:45 PM
EurOConnEcton

This kid still at the age of 20 years old possibly has the best vision on our forward crop. I believe he has Joe Thorton passing abilities but like Joe he does not have the greatest shot. Although he is still young and can def improve on that.

My prediction if played on 2nd line with koivu or sundin he will have 60-70 points. Plus he is going to be on the point on one of our pp units.

If played on the third line he will crack 45-50 points.

For those of you that bash him for taking penaltys, go along and bash captain koivu aswell( no1 hooks more then him on our team). I for one dont mind his penaltys, shows he will wont be pushed around and that he has tht nasty edge in his game.

All in all i got much love for ak-74. Not as much as erika loves him though cuz then that would be just weird lol

EurOConnEcton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
I hope he's gonna play with his brother and Plekanec like he did in game 7 against Boston. The line was awesome with sick passes all over the place, the Bruins had no clue whatsoever.

He's gonna double his production.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

S. Kostitsyn is this summer's Chris Higgins. Everybody is seeing him so huge... but he is not THAT great.

I call 40-50pts for next season. Any more than 50pts is a bonus.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
S. Kostitsyn is this summer's Chris Higgins. Everybody is seeing him so huge... but he is not THAT great.

I call 40-50pts for next season. Any more than 50pts is a bonus.
Different player... totally different age, totally different talent... absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Also, with his last year's rookie production, over 0,50 ppg, being put on line with Sundin (hypothetically speaking), expecting him to make over 50 points is very realistic. He was on pace for 43 points if he would've played the whole season, not playing 1st line minutes... and you think a 21 years old like him would be unable to get better and turn it up a notch? You seem oblivious to progression of young players and assesment of talent. You only base yourself on expectations on a totally different player who didn't reached those expectations and so you expect the same to happen to him. What a simplistic view. I would have another adjective to define this type of view, but I don't want to offend you more than I already did. Funny how you don't remember the expectations that people had of Plekanec, and a lot of posters like you said he wouldn't reach it, yet he was one point behind those expectations (70 points).

Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-11-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old
07-11-2008, 06:55 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
So his upside is basically like Koivu?

I'm almost serious.
He already plays a lot like Koivu. Same kinds of plays. Same head first style.

With more beef.

He's a bigger Koivu. And that's something you can't get enough of.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:06 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EurOConnEcton View Post
This kid still at the age of 20 years old possibly has the best vision on our forward crop. I believe he has Joe Thorton passing abilities but like Joe he does not have the greatest shot. Although he is still young and can def improve on that.

My prediction if played on 2nd line with koivu or sundin he will have 60-70 points. Plus he is going to be on the point on one of our pp units.

If played on the third line he will crack 45-50 points.

For those of you that bash him for taking penaltys, go along and bash captain koivu aswell( no1 hooks more then him on our team). I for one dont mind his penaltys, shows he will wont be pushed around and that he has tht nasty edge in his game.

All in all i got much love for ak-74. Not as much as erika loves him though cuz then that would be just weird lol
Sergei plays with an edge and takes some hot headed penalties some times. Always has. But I swear that if he lost that edge his game would suffer. You know the kid is in the game when he takes some of those penalties

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
im big fan of sergei my email even is kostitsyn@ i have his london nights jersey just need him to sign it i have a habs jersey of him well i have 46 on the arms and 74 in the back with Kostitsyn written ok runs away

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2008, 09:20 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Different player... totally different age, totally different talent... absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Also, with his last year's rookie production, over 0,50 ppg, being put on line with Sundin (hypothetically speaking), expecting him to make over 50 points is very realistic. He was on pace for 43 points if he would've played the whole season, not playing 1st line minutes... and you think a 21 years old like him would be unable to get better and turn it up a notch? You seem oblivious to progression of young players and assesment of talent. You only base yourself on expectations on a totally different player who didn't reached those expectations and so you expect the same to happen to him. What a simplistic view. I would have another adjective to define this type of view, but I don't want to offend you more than I already did. Funny how you don't remember the expectations that people had of Plekanec, and a lot of posters like you said he wouldn't reach it, yet he was one point behind those expectations (70 points).
Who the hell are you?! Weren't you the one who said last year that Higgins was gonna be a 40-40-80 player? Man how were you right!

People should be more realistic in their expectations.

S. Kostitsyn will get about 45 points, which is very good for a 21 years old. I said he was this year's Higgins because he seems to be very popular here and everybody is like "OMGZZZ!!!!!!111 HE'S SO GREATTTTT!!!!!11 I WOULD ****ING TURN GAY JUST FOR HIM!!!!111"... just like last year with Higgins. And in one year, everybody will say that he's a bust, and that he didn't live up to the expectations... Stop being bipolar and think with your head for god sake!

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote