HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What about Vermette?

Old
07-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Yeah I checked with Sens fans and even them think it's an overpayment, wich is a good sign, we tend to overvalue our prospects and players here

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Once again , Habs don't need a trade to get him ; he's RFA . They can make him an offer sheet .
Gainey won't send him an offer sheet and the Sens would match anything that isn't downright insane.

I'd love to have Vermette on the team, but I wouldn't offer him too much, nor would I offer too much for him. He's really good in the regular season, but his play tends to drop in the playoffs (his production obviously suffers greatly from it).

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:08 PM
turrible
Sens Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Gainey won't send him an offer sheet and the Sens would match anything that isn't downright insane.
Sens are about 14 million under the cap. And your right, Sens could easily match any offer that was reasonable. If the Habs wanted him, it would have to be via trade.

turrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
Yeah I checked with Sens fans and even them think it's an overpayment, wich is a good sign, we tend to overvalue our prospects and players here
Still, offering your top two prospects for a secondary player is rarely underpayment or even fair value

Well, that is unless your team has a terrible prospect pool.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
One of the -worst- trade proposals. Ever.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Bopp

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER #2 CENTER!!!!

Although Vermette is a good player, he is not a #1 center.
Our best bet is to be patient and to play the waiting game with Sundin. Hopefully he will decide to play for us. If not maybe we can get a #1 center in a trade.

Bopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Pacioretty or Mcdonagh and a second should be enough for Vermette, the OP is rediculous imo
Either one of those is way too much to pay, i prefer keeping my cap down for 2-3 yrs and giving the rookie some playing time than having Vermette and having to pay him too highly.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Don't give PAC and McDo for anyone!!!

Let these guys pan out and become the awesome players they should be here.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
No we don't, hasn't been that way for a few years now.

Grabovski? People wanted him to be a throw-in in a trade, most of this board felt he could never be an NHLer. The Leafs have plans for him to be their 2nd line center.

Latendresse? Once thought to be a top 10 talent in the 2005 draft, but slid because of injury and consistency concerns. Almost earned a roster spot at 18, and actually did the next year. Is one of our better producers 5 on 5, provides size, soft hands and a stellar shot. He won a fight last year and is improving his skating and 2-way play, but you'd think he's Brad Isbister from the comments around here.

Fischer? 1st round draft pick, has yet to add muscle mass to his frame and fought an illness this year. Was known to be a project when drafted, yet people have given up on him 2 years later.

D'Agostini? In his rookie season with the Bulldogs, he showed constant improvement in all statistical areas, added muscle and was key in helping them capture the Calder Cup. Showed a lot of skill in preseason this past year, was considered for a roster spot to start the year with the Habs, and because of a few months of struggling in his own zone people have given up on him. Drastically picked up his play in March-April, earned himself a call-up and his 1st NHL game was a success but no barely anyone thinks high of him.

Greg Stewart? Plays in the ECHL, gets a callup out of nowhere due to his physical play. He has a breakaway and a fight and all of a sudden he's our future 3rd liner...

We have a plethora of promising players under 25, people just choose to praise certain ones and give up on others for...well, stupid reasons.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Zinger

Gui-gui-gui!!!!

Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:15 PM
peperebougon*

I think the OP overrates Vermette a lot! I'd take him as a 3rd line center anyday though...If I was to send Maxpac, McDo and a second/halak, it would be for a player that adresses our needs to perfection...(A big offensive center with a sound 2 way game). I'd listen to Ottawa though if they were the ones calling...

I am curious what the Sens fans would want...i

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:22 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Not a first line center and quebecois, not what we need.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, I'm a habs fan who recognize the value of other teams players, we can't get good and young players for halaks and 2nd round picks.
So you do the complete opposite and would give up the farm and then some for a number 3 maybe number 2 C......

It's a matter of Opinion I guess.. I see Vermette play very often as I live in Ottawa and have seen him play live many times. He's good but not that good.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:29 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
So you do the complete opposite and would give up the farm and then some for a number 3 maybe number 2 C......

It's a matter of Opinion I guess.. I see Vermette play very often as I live in Ottawa and have seen him play live many times. He's good but not that good.
Totally agree.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Beakermania*

way, way too much for vermette.....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
m00ks

Love this kid and I really think he's meant to play Habs style hockey. He's Ottawa's slightly-watered-down version of Christopher Higgins.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:49 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
can you elaborate on this one??? I am not sure I follow you... What has the nationality has to do with anything???? What is your problem with Quebeckers???

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Pacioretty or Mcdonagh and a second should be enough for Vermette, the OP is rediculous imo
Of course they would be enough, but they shouldn't be traded for someone like Vermette, who's not a superstar. If the trade involved a name like Kovalchuk, then the Habs would gladly include both of them in a package with a first rounder.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:59 PM
nopan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to nopan
He's from Quebec, BOB GAINEY SIGN THIS GUY NOW!!!1111!!11EVELEN!11!ONE!!!!!!!UNO!!11!

nopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
No we don't, hasn't been that way for a few years now.

Grabovski? People wanted him to be a throw-in in a trade, most of this board felt he could never be an NHLer. The Leafs have plans for him to be their 2nd line center.

Latendresse? Once thought to be a top 10 talent in the 2005 draft, but slid because of injury and consistency concerns. Almost earned a roster spot at 18, and actually did the next year. Is one of our better producers 5 on 5, provides size, soft hands and a stellar shot. He won a fight last year and is improving his skating and 2-way play, but you'd think he's Brad Isbister from the comments around here.

Fischer? 1st round draft pick, has yet to add muscle mass to his frame and fought an illness this year. Was known to be a project when drafted, yet people have given up on him 2 years later.

D'Agostini? In his rookie season with the Bulldogs, he showed constant improvement in all statistical areas, added muscle and was key in helping them capture the Calder Cup. Showed a lot of skill in preseason this past year, was considered for a roster spot to start the year with the Habs, and because of a few months of struggling in his own zone people have given up on him. Drastically picked up his play in March-April, earned himself a call-up and his 1st NHL game was a success but no barely anyone thinks high of him.

Greg Stewart? Plays in the ECHL, gets a callup out of nowhere due to his physical play. He has a breakaway and a fight and all of a sudden he's our future 3rd liner...

We have a plethora of promising players under 25, people just choose to praise certain ones and give up on others for...well, stupid reasons.
The Leafs could regret the trade.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Adam91

Sign him as an RFA, or wait a season and sign him as a UFA.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:37 PM
revin5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopp View Post
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER #2 CENTER!!!!
Yeah, we do, for our 3rd second line! All we're looking for is an offensive center to give us three lines of attack. While it would be nice to have Sundin, it doesn't make that big a difference whether we put the new center on the first line or the third, we just have to fill the position.

revin5* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:03 PM
emb24*

outside of tenderness, maxpac is the only power forward in the system..MacD projects as a top 2 dman within 2-3 years.

no thanks

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
the Québécois jokes are really starting to get annoying...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Just read about how Mezsaros and Vermette might be brought into arbitration over in Ottawa and it made me think on the possibility of us acquiring Vermette as our solution at the center position.

I think Vermette has the possibility to burst out into a premiere player, he would be a great addition to this team.

What do you guys think we'd have to give to get our hands on him? I believe the Sens are looking for help at the blueline.

McDonagh, Pacioretty and a 2nd round pick?

A Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn
Higgins - Vermette - Latendresse Wow
Begin - Lapierre - Laraque

Your on drugs right?

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote