HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester to Sens? Forget About It!

Old
07-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester to Sens? Forget About It!

Bouwmeester? Forget it

Don't bet on Panthers stud defenceman winding up in a Senators uniform any time soon.

By BRUCE GARRIOCH Sun, July 13, 2008

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...42056-sun.html

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 08:47 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Well its good to hear that his name isnt even being mentioned in trade talks. Maybe its some type of positive we can take away from it. If Bouw didnt want to be here at all, Martin would know about it and there is no way Bouw's name would be kept a secret on the trade market. I still hope and believe that a deal will get done soon.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Well its good to hear that his name isnt even being mentioned in trade talks. Maybe its some type of positive we can take away from it. If Bouw didnt want to be here at all, Martin would know about it and there is no way Bouw's name would be kept a secret on the trade market. I still hope and believe that a deal will get done soon.
this article means nothing because if there was a trade Mezeros and Vermette would be in it, so the salaries would work out, the writer implies that we would trade him for nothing

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
TheHMan

It's a trade that makes sense for both teams as long as JM is willing to deal in the case that Bouw doesn't want to sign with the team again. Ottawa would be pressed to the cap trying to sign both RFA's, and our immediate needs dictate that a guy like Bouw would help us this year and several years down the line. We're actually leaning towards an exchange for 2 roster players for 1 because we have several rookies that need a regular spot on the lineup.

Even if Ottawa resigns Meszaros, a trade is still a possibility up until the point that Bouwmeester goes to Arbitration or resigns with Florida.

Last edited by Acadmus: 07-14-2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: flaming
TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Acadmus

I'm more interested in the comments on Van Ryn, Skrastins, and Murphy in that article.

Ryno and Murph are no shock, but I didn't think Skrastins would be on the trade block.

07-14-2008, 09:23 AM
MuffinMan*

I'm not saying Bouwmeester will end up on the Sens, but you have to keep in mind that Garrioch is the least reliable sports reporter in the history of the world.

MuffinMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
sinDer

This article is just pointless

seriously

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
I'm more interested in the comments on Van Ryn, Skrastins, and Murphy in that article.

Ryno and Murph are no shock, but I didn't think Skrastins would be on the trade block.
I think that has a lot more to do with his salary than anything else. Other than he may not do as well as he did when he first got here next season. Between he and Ryno's salaries, we'd clear up almost 6 mil in space, I believe. So, either he'd like to keep Ryno but lose Skrastins hit, or move both, for whatever reason. I hope Murphy goes, I mean, I like him and he's a nice guy, but he's WAY too much of a defensive liabity to keep, imo. Perhaps his shoulder will be well healed and he'll do a lot better, dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan15 View Post
I'm not saying Bouwmeester will end up on the Sens, but you have to keep in mind that Garrioch is the least reliable sports reporter in the history of the world.
I don't know if he's the worst in history, but he certainly has little credibility. I'm more inclined to believe Martin's comments on Bouw, but only because he's so defensively minded that I think he won't trade him until the last possible moment.

07-15-2008, 09:59 AM
FlaPanthers7

Well it's good to hear that JM isn't looking to deal Bouwmeester, but then again it may not be that good if we get burned at the end of the negotiations if Jay doesn't re-sign. This could get very, very interesting.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Georgia Panther

I want Bouw to remain here but mark my words, if Bouw isn't signed to a long term contract or traded by the time the Arbitration Decision is announced it will go down as the biggest player personnel decision mistake by Panthers Management in team history.

Old
07-15-2008, 02:24 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I want Bouw to remain here but mark my words, if Bouw isn't signed to a long term contract or traded by the time the Arbitration Decision is announced it will go down as the biggest player personnel decision mistake by Panthers Management in team history.
Sorry Pride, but the Luongo trade still takes the cake as the biggest player personnel decision mistake to date. At least we can trade him before the deadline and get back something good. I mean, look what Tkachuk got back for Atlanta as a rental.

Now if Jay brings us back a 2nd round pick, then we'll talk!

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Sorry Pride, but the Luongo trade still takes the cake as the biggest player personnel decision mistake to date. At least we can trade him before the deadline and get back something good. I mean, look what Tkachuk got back for Atlanta as a rental.

Now if Jay brings us back a 2nd round pick, then we'll talk!
And what was so great about the Tkachuk trades?

26-Jun-07 Atlanta Thrashers traded Keith Tkachuk and a conditional 4th round selection in 2008 to the St. Louis Blues for a conditional 1st round selection in 2008.
25-Feb-07 St. Louis Blues traded Keith Tkachuk to the Atlanta Thrashers for Glen Metropolit, a first and third-round draft pick in 2007 and a second-round draft pick in 2008

Unless you're a big Glen Metropolit fan, all Atlanta gave up and got back for Tkachuk were picks and the two transactions canceled out the first rounders in the deals since it was widely thought Tkachuk would re-sign with St.Louis after the season when he was traded to Atlanta. At least in the Luongo trade Florida got back Bryan Allen, a legit top-4 defenseman. A trade deadline deal for Bouwmeester would return picks and/or junior prospects and that would make it worst than the Luongo trade because Florida wouldn't get either a bonafide NHL top-6 forward or top-4 blueliner. That, IMO, would be a disaster.

Old
07-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther
Cause he can't be traded by the deadline? A new deal can't be worked out after January should Bouw decide he wants to stay? Though, I wouldn't expect that to happen, he can certainly be traded by the deadline where we'd still get a very solid return.

Mark your words?

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Cause he can't be traded by the deadline? A new deal can't be worked out after January should Bouw decide he wants to stay? Though, I wouldn't expect that to happen, he can certainly be traded by the deadline where we'd still get a very solid return.

Mark your words?
If Bouwmeester is traded at the deadline, then the return will not help the Panthers for 2 or 3 years since prospects and picks will be involved. Now, down the road, those picks and prospects may or may not turn into great players but the certainty is they will not help the Panthers for the rest of the season nor the next and even possibly the next season. You want to keep re-building forever? Of course the prefered scenario is Bouwmeester remaining a Panther for a long time but if he must be traded, the only possibility for near term help for the Panthers is a deal before the arbitration award and the risk of keeping him afterward and then having to have to trade him is unacceptable as that would mean another 2 or 3 years of rebuilding just to get back to the point where the team is at now. The example of a good "rental trade" that FP7 brought up was Tkachuk but when you break down that trade the net picks that changed hands was a single second rounder and a fourth rounder was traded for a third rounder.

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 07-15-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Not every deadline deal is for picks and prospects.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not every deadline deal is for picks and prospects.
But you, yourself are also in favor of trading him now rather than waiting for the deadline to trade him, are you not?

View Poll Results: Assuming JayBo does not sign a long term extension...
Trade him...return won't be higher than it will be right now
amazingcrwns, angry_treefrog, Beezer, Beukeboom Fan, blackpanthers, CatscratchFever, Chuck Downie, Clint, cljbice, Coolburn, djroche, dmonk, FlaPanthers7, Georgia Panther, Goal For It, harv3317, Inno, iron lung, Jeff VanRichards, kyle747,Laus723, Leafs4lyfe, Madhatter73, mercury, misfit, MisterBouw, Montsy14, Nate The Great, Neurotic Panther, PanthersRule96, Panthers_Fan, pb1300, remer, SammyTheBull, Slick Cat, Thunderheart, Tuco, vikingaward, VirtualSpree, wawagoose, zeroG 41 66.13%

Old
07-15-2008, 05:42 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
I cant believe Im going to agree with GP. I will say that team will not get anywhere near the same quality if they wait to trade him at the deadline, as apposed to now. If Bouw were to be traded, it MUST happen within the next few days, so the team that gets him will have as much time as possible to get him signed long term. My first choice is to keep him here with a 10 year contract, but if he doesnt want to be here, get him going now. We can speculate all we want about whether he wants to be here or not, but the fact of the matter is, Martin is the only person that really knows whether or not he wants to be here. Seeing how Martin is reluctant to trade him, and his name not even being mentioned on the block, makes me think that there is some positive in the talks between the two sides.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
sinDer

By July 22, Bouwmeester is going to be signed for 8 years/63 M$

Mark my words

and once again...it will feel so good to be a Panthers fan

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
By July 22, Bouwmeester is going to be signed for 8 years/63 M$

Mark my words

and once again...it will feel so good to be a Panthers fan
Once again? When was the last time it felt good to be a Panthers fan?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Fr'kin Vokoun!

Ring a bell?

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

The old saying goes sell at the deadline and buy in the offseason. I tend to agree.

We would be able to get a real nice package at the deadline. Luongo was traded in the offseason and we got ripped off, Jokinen was traded in the offseason and his return was less than satisfactory. Bertuzzi was traded at the deadline and that worked out well.

I'll wait to see how the team does til the end of january before I think about trading Bouwmeester.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Getting those first overalls..... in a sad way.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Fr'kin Vokoun!

Ring a bell?
True. I was just joking anyway, but the Vokoun trade was great.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Slick Cat

Quote:
he does not want to be here, the sooner martin accepts that they better for everyone

Last edited by Acadmus: 07-16-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: trolling
Old
07-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
The old saying goes sell at the deadline and buy in the offseason. I tend to agree.

We would be able to get a real nice package at the deadline. Luongo was traded in the offseason and we got ripped off, Jokinen was traded in the offseason and his return was less than satisfactory. Bertuzzi was traded at the deadline and that worked out well.

I'll wait to see how the team does til the end of january before I think about trading Bouwmeester.
teams that are looking to upgrade at the deadline are in the playoff race, which we won't be, so they will not give up their current quality players because they need them for the playoff run, for a soon to be unrestricted free agent

now is the time, unless they can sign him to a fair contract