HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timmins - Pacioretty is "head and shoulders" above his peers

Old
07-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
From Saturday's Gazette:

"While Trevor Timmins, the Canadiens' director of recruitment, was reluctant to talk about individual players, he did venture the opinion that Pacioretty is "head and shoulders" above his peers."

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...rts/index.html

Not news but nonetheless a good read about our consensus number one prospect.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Cyrrus147

Great news

I can t wait to see this guy in Montreal.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I've read a lot of reports saying that he could play in the NHL right now. Realistically probably 09-10 Season.

Has anyone heard what their plans are for him this coming season? Does he go back to U.S.? or maybe Junior?

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Scotianhab

Great read and great news regarding Max. I can't wait to see him in the NHL.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Blades 0f Steel

he's "head and shoulders" above every other prospect in the NHL

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Player 61
#Winning

LOL..I See Mike Boone from The Gazette is starting a nickname for him in English media's ....Pac-man

Old
07-12-2008, 08:55 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I have to say, as a Ranger fan, I loved both of your 1st round picks in the 2007 draft.. McDonagh and Pacioretty were both on my want list that year.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
For those who dont want to go searching for the article on that sports page; here's the final link:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...2-bbf32738a0de

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Also some news here:

http://www.habsinsideout.com/main/8720

Old
07-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
I've read a lot of reports saying that he could play in the NHL right now. Realistically probably 09-10 Season.

Has anyone heard what their plans are for him this coming season? Does he go back to U.S.? or maybe Junior?
Back to Michigan this year (probably) and then to the big club in 09-10 (probably)

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Bobby G

Quote:
Amazing site for an Hab fan, a daily visit for me, especially during the season. Great Pics, a lot of news and Mike Boone is the man.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

He can't go junior, right now he's headed for a second year at Michigan.

If we sign him, he could got to Hamilton or Montreal (if he makes the team).

Timmins has previously said that he is ready for the AHL, and Gainey has previously said that as soon as MaxPac tells them he is ready to leave school, there is an entry-level contract waiting for him. Basically its Max's decision right now... i think the brass would love to have him in Hamilton.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
LOL..I See Mike Boone from The Gazette is starting a nickname for him in English media's ....Pac-man
After the whole Pacman Jones debacle in the NFL, let's stay with Max Pac as his nickname please.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:21 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
He can't go junior, right now he's headed for a second year at Michigan.

If we sign him, he could got to Hamilton or Montreal (if he makes the team).

Timmins has previously said that he is ready for the AHL, and Gainey has previously said that as soon as MaxPac tells them he is ready to leave school, there is an entry-level contract waiting for him. Basically its Max's decision right now... i think the brass would love to have him in Hamilton.
It's funny you say that. Max Pac was saying how he would rely heavily on what the Habs brass had to say about him going back to Michigan for another year.

It's almost like they want him to play in Hamilton, especially after Timmins comments at camp and Gainey telling him he has a contract waiting for him. I think they don't want to rush him into a decision either and see how how plays on Michigan's top line for a year.

A gut feeling tells me that if he plays really well in camp he may go straight to the Dogs this year with a few call ups sprinkled here and there. I think it's because when there has been this much hype around a player Latendresse started witht he Habs, then it was S. Kosty and Carey Price last year. Habs aren't afraid to play younger players in the bigs. So if Max Pac impresses, look for him with the Dogs imo.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
SOLR

I would prefer him to be in Hamilton without question, Michigan will be much younger this year and I don't want Max to be left alone on a terrible team. In Hamilton, he can play for a full season with Maxwell and develop some great chemistry for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
It's funny you say that. Max Pac was saying how he would rely heavily on what the Habs brass had to say about him going back to Michigan for another year.

It's almost like they want him to play in Hamilton, especially after Timmins comments at camp and Gainey telling him he has a contract waiting for him. I think they don't want to rush him into a decision either and see how how plays on Michigan's top line for a year.

A gut feeling tells me that if he plays really well in camp he may go straight to the Dogs this year with a few call ups sprinkled here and there. I think it's because when there has been this much hype around a player Latendresse started witht he Habs, then it was S. Kosty and Carey Price last year. Habs aren't afraid to play younger players in the bigs. So if Max Pac impresses, look for him with the Dogs imo.
He was on the top line last year...theres no more room to grow for him in the NCAA imo.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Lot's of good points here for him playing in Hamilton, I'm very curious to see what The Habs/Max decides.

Old
07-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

1) He was on Michigan's top line last year
2) He can't go to training camp without a contract.... development camp yes (provided he pays his own way)... training camp no.... Not sure about rookie camp, but i don't think that is allowed under NCAA rules either.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:28 AM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I would prefer him to be in Hamilton without question, Michigan will be much younger this year and I don't want Max to be left alone on a terrible team. In Hamilton, he can play for a full season with Maxwell and develop some great chemistry for the future.

He was on the top line last year...theres no more room to grow for him in the NCAA imo.
There is in the sense that his linemates last year were two of the top seniors in the NCAA (I believe one of them won the Hobey Baker award). If Max were to return to Michigan, there would be more riding on *him* this year, if that makes sense.

I think one of the biggest benefits of him playing in Hamilton would be the more rigorous schedule and playing 80 games instead of 40-whatever.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Amazing site for an Hab fan, a daily visit for me, especially during the season. Great Pics, a lot of news and Mike Boone is the man.
For Sure! a one stop shop during the season, & even off! Agree, I've been reading Boone for years...

Old
07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
1) He was on Michigan's top line last year
2) He can't go to training camp without a contract.... development camp yes (provided he pays his own way)... training camp no.... Not sure about rookie camp, but i don't think that is allowed under NCAA rules either.
I believe rookie camp is allowed but it conflicts with school.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:34 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Lot's of good points here for him playing in Hamilton, I'm very curious to see what The Habs/Max decides.
In fact, I'll go as far as to say he might be NHL ready, and Guillaume Latendresse might be the immediate victim. The thing is, they might not give Max the opportunity to outclass Guillaume. Lats is still a great asset and playing with Guillaume's moral(sending him to the AHL) could be incredibly counter productive when we could have both playing in the same team for years to come. What we have here is our version of Ryan Getzlaf.

Old
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
What we have here is our version of Ryan Getzlaf.

That's the first I've heard that comparison, I like your style.

Old
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
There is in the sense that his linemates last year were two of the top seniors in the NCAA (I believe one of them won the Hobey Baker award). If Max were to return to Michigan, there would be more riding on *him* this year, if that makes sense.

I think one of the biggest benefits of him playing in Hamilton would be the more rigorous schedule and playing 80 games instead of 40-whatever.
It does but it doesn't, you don't want a winger to be left alone with bad centers. His confidence is an asset in itself, one bad year where he as to do it all by himself might slow the great momentum hes on and direct him into the path of bad habits.

For me the greatest benefit of Hamilton, is clearly Ben Maxwell. Max would help Ben and Ben would help Max. I was smiling yesterday when I saw the scrimmage lines, it seems like the habs brass is thinking in the same way.

Old
07-12-2008, 09:49 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
It does but it doesn't, you don't want a winger to be left alone with bad centers. His confidence is an asset in itself, one bad year where he as to do it all by himself might slow the great momentum hes on and direct him into the path of bad habits.

For me the greatest benefit of Hamilton, is clearly Ben Maxwell. Max would help Ben and Ben would help Max. I was smiling yesterday when I saw the scrimmage lines, it seems like the habs brass is thinking in the same way.
So um, who's the great centerman he'll play with in Hamilton? Chipchura?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
What we have here is our version of Ryan Getzlaf.
I doubt seriously that Pacioretty has the hands and skill of Getzlaf wich are elite... but I am sure he has all the work ethic and intensity. I would like to Max with the dogs..

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote