HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Anheuser-Busch sold to Belgian brewery for $52B

Old
07-20-2008, 11:59 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
And for the record, the best beer i've ever had was Belgian (Delerium Tremens).
Uccckk, I can't stand Delerium Tremens. It's as thick as a milkshake and after three of them you have to guzzle water because you're too dehydrated.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
There was this documentary about Anheuser-Busch and how they brew Budweiser. As soon as the master brewer proudly revealed that they put rice in it I stopped watching.

And this argument about which nation makes the best beer in the world, Canada or the States, that's just priceless. It's like arguing which country is the best ice hockey nation - Austria or Switzerland.

By the way, great beer Tim!
Um skill =/= opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
i could watch this over and over...

Wow that's terrible.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Yes, Canada only has about 200 microbreweries and the US has over 2,000 - which probably has to do with the fact that the US has 10 times the population of Canada. Flame me all you want for my opinions but at least I tried to argue things intellgiently, bring up examples and I've had more than a dozen US beers.

As for me liking MGD, yeah, it's not that bad for an American beer. Not all beer has to be 6% to be enjoyed. Sometimes a lighter beer is good on a hot summer day like today. My opinions still haven't changed but there is a reason the majority of the world sees US beers as they do. I'm just saying, flame me all you want. Your insults won't change people's opinions and will probably make things worse.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Yes, Canada only has about 200 microbreweries and the US has over 2,000 - which probably has to do with the fact that the US has 10 times the population of Canada. Flame me all you want for my opinions but at least I tried to argue things intellgiently, bring up examples and I've had more than a dozen US beers.

As for me liking MGD, yeah, it's not that bad for an American beer. Not all beer has to be 6% to be enjoyed. Sometimes a lighter beer is good on a hot summer day like today. My opinions still haven't changed but there is a reason the majority of the world sees US beers as they do. I'm just saying, flame me all you want. Your insults won't change people's opinions and will probably make things worse.
You like MGD, but flame other US beers...and you've only had about a dozen of them to boot, proclaim they all suck, but speak like you're an authority on all things US beer.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:

so you just proved everyone's point: you dont know anything.

a dozen beer for 2000 breweries...

GTFO n00b!

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
At least Guiness is willing to discuss them. Dominant Hegemony, the day you have more than a dozen Canadian beers I'd be impressed. Keep that small world mentality that's so typical and go enjoy a "nice" Sam Adams, you d bag. The fact that I've been willing to try over a dozen beers from your country actually means something because no one is willing to try your beers, let alone important them from Maine, Portland or Wisconsin or wherever else you feel your country produces the "best" beers in the world. I'll post the rest of my response when I stop laughing.

How about you get the f outta here, you barely literate, prepubescent pissant. Way to rip someone else's take when you either don't have the balls to give one yourself or perhaps the intelligence to write one out. Respond all you want, son, I'll be the bigger man and walk away. I'm done with this thread. Enjoy your Coors, Michelob, Keystone, Natti lce and Miller Lite.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
At least Guiness is willing to discuss them. Dominant Hegemony, the day you have more than a dozen Canadian beers I'd be impressed. Keep that small world mentality that's so typical and go enjoy a "nice" Sam Adams, you d bag. The fact that I've been willing to try over a dozen beers from your country actually means something because no one is willing to try your beers, let alone important them from Maine, Portland or Wisconsin or wherever else you feel your country produces the "best" beers in the world. I'll post the rest of my response when I stop laughing.

How about you get the f outta here, you barely literate, prepubescent pissant. Way to rip someone else's take when you either don't have the balls to give one yourself or perhaps the intelligence to write one out. Respond all you want, son, I'll be the bigger man and walk away. I'm done with this thread. Enjoy your Coors, Michelob, Keystone, Natti lce and Miller Lite.

Hilarious. The hole gets deeper and deeper.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
invictus

i always liked Rolling Rock and Icehouse when i first got into drinking.

i spent the last year and a half living with some real beer snobs and their fridge was overrane with Dogfish Head.

From March to the middle of June, all I drank was 120's which are 20% ABV

I moved back to my hometown and my friend's had a keg of Coors to welcome me back. I honestly didn't even taste anything, haha. I drank a ******** and wasn't even affected. It was pretty weird

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite

Ahhh, nothing better.

PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 08:55 PM
WVP

Quote:
I'll be the bigger man and walk away.
Is that what passes for being the bigger man these days? Wow.

Quote:
I'm done with this thread. Enjoy your Coors, Michelob, Keystone, Natti lce and Miller Lite.
Hmmm, you came in with an uneducated view and a weak argument, then appeared to be open to an intelligent conversation. And then you leave with this comment. Fail.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:

Im Canadian AND i've lived in Canada for 80% of my life...

So you can bet that i've had more then a dozen Canadian beers AND American ones.

Go figure, eh?

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote