HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How long will Clarke wait to get someone?

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 04:58 PM
biggbloo

vCash: 500
How long will Clarke wait to get someone?

With Bondra being traded to the Sens,strengthing them even more,and Tampa Bay being as young,strong,and healthy as they are,when will Clarke bring someone to aid the ailing offense? Also,who will it be? I'd like Satan....but what do I know?

Old
02-18-2004, 05:05 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbloo
With Bondra being traded to the Sens,strengthing them even more,and Tampa Bay being as young,strong,and healthy as they are,when will Clarke bring someone to aid the ailing offense? Also,who will it be? I'd like Satan....but what do I know?
I don't think you'll see Clarke make a move until he has a better idea of JR's future. He said that he thought the team was complete after the Burke Branko deal.

He also said that if it appears JR will not be ready for the playoffs then they will try and find a replacement, otherwise they'll stand pat.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:47 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
I agree with John. Clarke doesn't want a repeat of the Oates deal by rushing into something for an immediate fix. The benefit he has now over the timing of the Oates deal is that he can wait a bit to see if JR will be back for the playoffs, and for how long Primeau will be gone, too.

biggbloo, there's not a chance in the world of Satan coming here, as the Sabres are rumored to be looking to add players. They've gotten hot and are actually within smelling distance of the Isles for the last spot. No way Satan gets moved unless Buffalo suddenly hits the skids and looks like they have no chance for the 8th spot by the deadline...don't think that's happening.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:35 AM
blah

Anybody think Primeau will center Gagne-Amonte? Lapointe on the 3rd and Sharp on the 4th.

There's no telling what shape Roenick is going to come back in. I wouldn't be surprised if they played him on a line w/ Kapanen-Radivojevic once he gets back. Then hope he can get into a decent enough shape, so that he can move back up w/ Gagne-Amonte later in the playoffs.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Hammerwise

It looks like Bobby is playing it cool, not Oatsing, and alot of commentators have said Roenick talking about retirement is just that, (every athlete that has had more than 2 concussions should entertain the thought of retirement).
I think Bobby might make a uncostly move to attempt to avoid the 4th or 5th playoff seed, (a mid level prospect and a 2nd or something like that for a Brindy/Francis type). But nothing dramatic. Roenick is not done and will be back, until then Sharpe or Lapointe will play 3rd line, we've still got a surplus of wingers so thats no problem.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:28 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Anybody think Primeau will center Gagne-Amonte? Lapointe on the 3rd and Sharp on the 4th.

There's no telling what shape Roenick is going to come back in. I wouldn't be surprised if they played him on a line w/ Kapanen-Radivojevic once he gets back. Then hope he can get into a decent enough shape, so that he can move back up w/ Gagne-Amonte later in the playoffs.

Hard to say who'll play with who...especially after the Tampa Debacle. What worries me is the eerie quiet...I haven't heard any type of rumor since we hit the skids. Don't panic Clarkie...no trade in the world will help us, we're dropping like flies. Maybe we'll be healthy by playoff time and we can make a run then. Even I don't want to drop any more youth.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:40 AM
VaFlyer

To me it all comes down to how long Primeau is going to be out - that is wait time. If he is going to be out another couple of weeks, I think you will see a move after 1 more loss, like if they lose bad again tonight. Brindy and Francis will then be options because they provide leadership and can provide a defensive role. If Roenick decides to retire, and he must let us know one way or another before the deadline, I think you will see something bigger like Lang, Langkow or Jokinen with one of last years 1st picks, probably Richards, being moved in the deal.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:48 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFlyer
To me it all comes down to how long Primeau is going to be out - that is wait time. If he is going to be out another couple of weeks, I think you will see a move after 1 more loss, like if they lose bad again tonight. Brindy and Francis will then be options because they provide leadership and can provide a defensive role. If Roenick decides to retire, and he must let us know one way or another before the deadline, I think you will see something bigger like Lang, Langkow or Jokinen with one of last years 1st picks, probably Richards, being moved in the deal.

Pretty solid theory...If it came down to Brindy or Francis, I think I'd like Brindy for the extra physical aspect...but Jokinen intrigues me.

Closed Thread