HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trade Hollweg to Leafs for 5th rounder

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2008, 06:06 PM
  #26
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
I'd feel really bad for Hollweg if he ends up dropping the gloves with Orr next year...oh god. I'm cringing just thinking about it.
would never happen, him, Orr, Struddy, and Staal were like bestfriends last year.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
  #27
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Honest question: who does New York have now for toughness?
Voros, Rissmiller, ORR, Denisov, Callahan hits, Betts hits, Sjostrom hits. Basicly our bottom 6 is alright for toughness, its just our top 6 that may cause concern.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
  #28
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Honest question: who does New York have now for toughness?
Voros, Rissmiller, ORR, Denisov, Fritsche, Callahan hits, Betts hits, Sjostrom hits. Basicly our bottom 6 is alright for toughness, its just our top 6 that may cause concern.


--Double Post

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:09 PM
  #29
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
It is a shame...

the kid worked real hard to earn a spot in the NHL, and earn he did. Thought he better hands than he showed. Didn't disgust him as much as many here, just often times thought that his play was borderline (not that he was dirty, but overly-aggressive) and that he wasn't productive enough. Would've like to have seen him go west though.

Fletch is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
  #30
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,795
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Honest question: who does New York have now for toughness?
Orr and Voros pretty much

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
  #31
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Voros, Rissmiller, ORR, Denisov, Fritsche, Callahan hits, Betts hits, Sjostrom hits. Basicly our bottom 6 is alright for toughness, its just our top 6 that may cause concern.


--Double Post
i watch a lot of sharks games and rissmiller is a bigger older marcel hossa. as far as toughness we got callahan, dubinsky, denisov, fritsche, orr, voros, staal, redden (sux at fighting but tries) Kalinin (is ok at fighting)

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
  #32
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Lets get this partay started!

Smashley is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
  #33
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
one has to wonder if this is the only trade that is going to go down with regards to lower lines...

FutureGM97 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:11 PM
  #34
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Despite his faults, I always liked him. He hustled, he skated hard, he just got a bad rep for doing dumb stuff and couldn't ever get it right. He got alot of borderline calls against him b/c of his reputation. He was a good teammate. But this is good for the organization, to have guys getting forced out by younger, better guys. You can't dress completely one dimensional guys in this league anymore. Somebody who plays the physical game, but can at lest provide SOME offense should take his spot. I feel for him though, Bill Watters on Leafs lunch has been an unabashed Hollweg basher, and I don't know how hard it's going to be to get a fresh start for him.

SML is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:12 PM
  #35
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Oh Awesome, here comes Shanny back in blue!

The Thomas J.* is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:13 PM
  #36
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Despite his faults, I always liked him. He hustled, he skated hard, he just got a bad rep for doing dumb stuff and couldn't ever get it right. He got alot of borderline calls against him b/c of his reputation. He was a good teammate. But this is good for the organization, to have guys getting forced out by younger, better guys. You can't dress completely one dimensional guys in this league anymore. Somebody who plays the physical game, but can at lest provide SOME offense should take his spot. I feel for him though, Bill Watters on Leafs lunch has been an unabashed Hollweg basher, and I don't know how hard it's going to be to get a fresh start for him.

I liked him too, but his mistakes cost us too many games.

The Thomas J.* is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
  #37
RothmanHockey
Registered User
 
RothmanHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Port Chester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,675
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
He was a fun player to watch, though he was a little stupid at times, with the penalties he took.

Good luck to him up there, wish him all the best, and that's a very good trade by Sather.

RothmanHockey is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
  #38
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
What was his cap hit??

The Thomas J.* is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
  #39
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
redden (sux at fighting but tries)
Fighting isn't toughness. Andrei Markov dropped the gloves with Redden, doesn't mean he is tough.

Redden is the definition of "soft", and adding Naslund too, I think Ranger fans better hope that guys like Voros, Orr and Staal can pack the punches and protect your squad, since just about everyone else went out and picked up tough guys (or **** disturbers).

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
  #40
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
so far Sather's Off-Season trades

Slats 2. Others 0

for all the haters out there.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
  #41
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Fighting isn't toughness. Andrei Markov dropped the gloves with Redden, doesn't mean he is tough.

Redden is the definition of "soft", and adding Naslund too, I think Ranger fans better hope that guys like Voros, Orr and Staal can pack the punches and protect your squad, since just about everyone else went out and picked up tough guys (or **** disturbers).
you forgot about Fritsche, Dubinsky, Denisov, Betts, and Rissmiller. those guys are actually tough. and i do agree with you on Redden part, like c'mon who loses a fight to Ryan Whitney?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:17 PM
  #42
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
What was his cap hit??
around 600k

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
  #43
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
you forgot about Fritsche, Dubinsky, Denisov, Betts, and Rissmiller. those guys are actually tough. and i do agree with you on Redden part, like c'mon who loses a fight to Ryan Whitney?
I wasn't going to name the whole bunch, but I get your point I just know as a Hab fan, the two guys who annoyed the **** out of me and I knew annoyed the rest of the Habs are now gone. I really gotta wonder if the Rangers are trying a new approach to their game and if it is going to work.

Oh well, you guys are still better than the Devils

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:19 PM
  #44
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,285
vCash: 500
Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Hollweg!

jas is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
  #45
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
around 600k

And we were about $600k or so below the cap....I think, Sather makes one or two small moves like waving orr & another trade Shanny re-signs for about $1.5 million.

The Thomas J.* is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:21 PM
  #46
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I wasn't going to name the whole bunch, but I get your point I just know as a Hab fan, the two guys who annoyed the **** out of me and I knew annoyed the rest of the Habs are now gone. I really gotta wonder if the Rangers are trying a new approach to their game and if it is going to work.

Oh well, you guys are still better than the Devils
haha, its okay. and if we werent then the NHL would be a joke.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:24 PM
  #47
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
i am glad he was traded but i still wish him all the best in Toronto, great trade by Sather

z1co80 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
  #48
BlueBlooded
Registered User
 
BlueBlooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueBlooded
Don't forget Mara in terms of toughness either. He can get pretty gritty when he wants to and it seems that his new role with the team will require it more often. Hollweg may have been a good locker room guy but he was terrible player and a momentum killer on more than one occasion. I'm glad he's gone, 5th rounder in return or not.

BlueBlooded is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:35 PM
  #49
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
Sather probably was thinking a 7th or 8th. I could just imagine the look on his face when Fletcher told him that they'd offer a 5th.

WhipNash27 is offline  
Old
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
  #50
Cherepanov 71
Registered User
 
Cherepanov 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Yay, thank god.

Cherepanov 71 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.