HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mathieu Schneider could be traded in the next day or so

Old
07-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Markus078

vCash: 500
Would Schneider for Chipchura or Lapierre fair? As a Ducks fan I would like this move because I can really see both fitting well at the Pond.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
ZDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
Would Schneider for Chipchura or Lapierre fair? As a Ducks fan I would like this move because I can really see both fitting well at the Pond.
No way in hell Montreal moves Chipchura for Schneider. That's laughable.

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 03:19 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsin51 View Post
I don't understand why Kubina is apparently of little value to many Sens fans yet they seem perfectly open to the idea of picking up a 39yo making 5.5mil who produces about the same amount of points (39) as Kubina (40)
Kubina is actually underrated now because people remember his huge contract signing without looking at it in this year's terms. That and the logo on his jersey.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
i am not sure if Schnieder gets traded. he signed with the Ducks for 2 years because he didn't want to go to Atlanta or somewhere else. it would look real bad if the org lures a ufa and then had to trade him one year later because they couldn't figure out this darned salary cap thingy.
Not only did Schneider say he understood going in and said he would've been okay with it last December, but the Ducks have shown time and time again that they're a first-class organization and they treat their players as good or better than any other club in the league. So many people trashed Burke for waiving Bryzgalov, but I'd bet that it did a lot for them in terms of good will and impressing potential players.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
He has to trade Schneider. And this will be...

Another lost trade by Burke recently.

Is TO sure they want to mortgage the future on this guy?
He added Schneider for nothing, so it's not like he's losing anything. Can you realistically say he's done a bad job in Anaheim? Abolustely not. Just go ahead and take a look at the line-up he's assembled, and take a look at the prospect pool he's assembled. To do that in 3 seasons is pretty damn good if you ask me. And, oh yeah, he's won a cup.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Pascal

Schneider would fit perfectly in Mtl now that Streit left, but there's just no cap space for him if we're still going for Sundin.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Schneider would fit perfectly in Mtl now that Streit left, but there's just no cap space for him if we're still going for Sundin.
BG should pull the trigger. Mats isn't coming.

The bigger concern for me is adding someone with Schneider's salary when so many of our key players are free agents next year.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
BG should pull the trigger. Mats isn't coming.

The bigger concern for me is adding someone with Schneider's salary when so many of our key players are free agents next year.
That's irrelevant since Schneider is a free agent next year.

Edit: Personally I think a defenceman of Schneider's caliber is equally of need as Sundin. There is a significant drop off between our top 3 and bottom 3. Add Schneider and we have one of the leagues best top 4.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post

Edit: Personally I think a defenceman of Schneider's caliber is equally of need as Sundin. There is a significant drop off between our top 3 and bottom 3. Add Schneider and we have one of the leagues best top 4.
Right you are. Strange he only signed a two year deal when his value was at its highest.

I have to disagree, because of the impact of landing the star centre we've been looking for for years now. The whole dynamic of the team changes. With Schneider, you have the same dynamic as last year, with an improved defensive presence due to Schneid and Tanguay.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
Sure, the Ducks would love that move. The Canadiens, however, would be dumb as hell to do it.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
ZDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post

I would still take Detroit's top 4 over Montreal's

ZDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
I would still take Detroit's top 4 over Montreal's
Of course, that's why I said one of.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

The Ducks don't want/need any NHL grinders or #6 defenseman or anything for Schneider. They signed Montador, so our third pairing will probably be Huskins-Salcido/Montador. We have about 1342o0, third/fourth liners, so unless we are getting a top 6 guy, which wont happen, I expect a pick or mid-level prospect.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
airlouche

I dont want him in Montreal, it's been almost 20 years he's gone and i really dont want to pay him 5 million $$. We need cap space for Mat because he's coming, i'm sure at 99%!

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
detredWINgs

Is there any speculation that Schneider might get waived? Everyone knows he more or less has to be traded if Selanne comes back, and I cant see a bidding war for his services getting much higher than the 5.65M that he makes now. Is there anyone that is in that desperate need of Schneiders services that theyd trade for him? The only one who has seemed really gung-ho about landing him is Ottawa...

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Is there any speculation that Schneider might get waived? Everyone knows he more or less has to be traded if Selanne comes back, and I cant see a bidding war for his services getting much higher than the 5.65M that he makes now. Is there anyone that is in that desperate need of Schneiders services that theyd trade for him? The only one who has seemed really gung-ho about landing him is Ottawa...
I haven't heard anything about it. Not sure it makes sense though, the ducks save like half of his salary(like 2.825M) if he is not picked up? Doesn't make sense especially considering that the Ducks have a load of cap space, and already have 1.33 taken up by bert. So basicallythere is over 4million taken up by waiving schneider and no one picking him up.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacter View Post
I haven't heard anything about it. Not sure it makes sense though, the ducks save like half of his salary(like 2.825M) if he is not picked up? Doesn't make sense especially considering that the Ducks have a load of cap space, and already have 1.33 taken up by bert. So basicallythere is over 4million taken up by waiving schneider and no one picking him up.
Well the Ducks could waive Schneider and if nobody claims him they can just keep him on the roster and hope to trade him, maybe take a salary back in return. They only way the Ducks would be on the hook for half his salary is if they sent him to the minors, recalled him and he was claimed on waivers that way. But if Schneider was waived I'm sure at least one team would claim him. He's got a big cap hit, but it's only for one season and he's still a solid top 4 blueliner.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Well the Ducks could waive Schneider and if nobody claims him they can just keep him on the roster and hope to trade him, maybe take a salary back in return. They only way the Ducks would be on the hook for half his salary is if they sent him to the minors, recalled him and he was claimed on waivers that way. But if Schneider was waived I'm sure at least one team would claim him. He's got a big cap hit, but it's only for one season and he's still a solid top 4 blueliner.
thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm guessing you understood meant my questionmark was like a statement/question lol.

Old
07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
4thliner*

If what it takes to get Kopitar out of LA is Mezaros (and Gerber I guess) why wouldn't Murray eliminate the middle man Chicago and say screw seabrook and Bulin.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:55 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDH View Post
Burke has probabley been trying to deal him the minute he knew Nieds was back in the fold...

I think he'll wind up in Montreal.
I doubt it. He was in Montreal before and he was pretty adamant that once he got out, he wouldn't go back.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote