HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin to Montreal Rumors and Discussion Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
How come nobody started a Yanic Perreault thread? Isn't he like Plan B to Sundin???

Just to be sure.....

Old
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
AH

i just came up to speed on HFF's latest posts on the Canucks board... and I all I have to say is I can't believe the guy actually believes the hot air he is producing. His personal opinions (much like ours) are blended in with what his supposed source has been saying to him. The guy must think all of us are clueless and will eat the crap he is feeding his fellow Canuckers. His claims that Gillis is a patient man make it seem like Gainey is in some sort of hurry all the time We know better than anyone that BG is probably the most patient man in the country. Gillis' "cautiously optimistic" stance kind of mirrors the Habs stance, specifically Carbonneau's own words.

Both organizations are putting out the same messages, yet one has been completely quiet about it the last two weeks, while the other maintains a public voice. No one plays the media better than the Habs (with the guiding hand of Donald Beauchamps), and this amateurish display by a rookie GM (a former agent no less) with a Mark Cuban wanna be owner is minor league calibre.

I honestly believe HFF has gotten caught up with his new found fame over there. This is now a runaway train and he has created a serious monster that is bound to fall hard.

To anyone who thinks i am in denial over Sundin not signing in MTL, I honestly believe that Sundin will either go back to Toronto or retire (that's my personal opinion much like the stuff HFF is posting over there - and yet I did not need a 'source' to come up with this).

Old
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Artie

The latest report is that Sundin leaves his home every morning and goes fishing.

If he sees his shadow he will not retire.
If he catches anything he will sign with the Habs.
If he doesn't catch anything but sees his shadow he will sign with the Canucks.
If he doesn't see his shadow and doesn't catch anything then he will sign with the Leafs.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
i just came up to speed on HFF's latest posts on the Canucks board... and I all I have to say is I can't believe the guy actually believes the hot air he is producing. His personal opinions (much like ours) are blended in with what his supposed source has been saying to him. The guy must think all of us are clueless and will eat the crap he is feeding his fellow Canuckers. His claims that Gillis is a patient man make it seem like Gainey is in some sort of hurry all the time We know better than anyone that BG is probably the most patient man in the country. Gillis' "cautiously optimistic" stance kind of mirrors the Habs stance, specifically Carbonneau's own words.

Both organizations are putting out the same messages, yet one has been completely quiet about it the last two weeks, while the other maintains a public voice. No one plays the media better than the Habs (with the guiding hand of Donald Beauchamps), and this amateurish display by a rookie GM (a former agent no less) with a Mark Cuban wanna be owner is minor league calibre.

I honestly believe HFF has gotten caught up with his new found fame over there. This is now a runaway train and he has created a serious monster that is bound to fall hard.

To anyone who thinks i am in denial over Sundin not signing in MTL, I honestly believe that Sundin will either go back to Toronto or retire (that's my personal opinion much like the stuff HFF is posting over there - and yet I did not need a 'source' to come up with this).
Well he seems pretty sure of himself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
sure, but Sundin won't be signing elsewhere. There is probably a 1-5% chance he goes to Toronto. I think Montreal is completely out of the equation.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:09 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
yeah, he 'thinks'...

The only confirmed source on this is his arse.

Like I said, he is editorializing his information. All that means is that he is loving the attention.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Did you see his reasoning for thinking that later in the thread? Basically the only reasoning Canucks fans seem to think of when it comes to Sundin and the Habs (well other than Price is too young and our defence sucks in their mind):

''I just don't see Sundin playing for a rival. He is such a proud Leaf, he obviously knows how that move would be received in Toronto. As much as everyone here loves to harp on the Leafs, the Canuck/Leaf rivalry hasn't really been anything since the series in '94.''

Old
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
tollb2

As long as Gainey conducts his buisness in the classy fashion he does and not make a big sceen like gillis has, by leaking everything then i will be content with Sundin sighning with whomever . I do hope there is a trade or somthing on the other table as a back up plan. Sundin would be great but there are other good strong centers in the league , it would just be convienient not to trade away assets for such a player

Old
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Did you see his reasoning for thinking that later in the thread? Basically the only one Canucks fans seem to think of (well other than Price is too young and our defence sucks in their mind):

''I just don't see Sundin playing for a rival. He is such a proud Leaf, he obviously knows how that move would be received in Toronto. As much as everyone here loves to harp on the Leafs, the Canuck/Leaf rivalry hasn't really been anything since the series in '94.''
In other words, his "reasons" are no better than the 'reasons' stated a million times by any other fanboy (on either side of the fence).

What bullsh!t and I can't believe those guys are falling for it.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post

http://www.team1040.ca/shows/pratt_taylor/

5:20 Mike Gillis:

- Have not signed a contract with Sundin yet.

- Cautiously optimistic about the signing.

- Talking back and forth with his agent and keeping them in the loop with all of the things that the team has been doing during the last few weeks.

....... .
Monday "Hey J.P., Mike Gillis here. How's Mats? Still fishing, eh? Well, we got Pavol Demitra. Talk to you tomorrow...."

Tuesday "J.P., what's happening? Talk to Mats? Still fishing? Yeah, so am I.....tell him I said hello, aaaaaand, we got Pavol Demitra. Yeah."

Wednesday "J.P. old buddy, Mike here............Mike.......Mike Gillis? GM with the Vancouver Canucks.....remember? Vancouver? Where the Olympics will be held? Mats still fishing is he? Tell him I said hello, and I got lots of money. Lots of money. Did I tell you we signed Pavol Demitra?"

Thursday "J.P., J.P., J.P., how's it going today? Talk to Mats? Still fishing.....wow, fish must really be biting, eh? We've got Pavol Demitra, the Olympics, lots of money and better weather than Montreal. Markus Naslund? No, he's gone. Mats wouldn't like him anyway. Talk to you tomorrow."

Friday "J.P., how come I'm getting your answering machine today? Have you gone fishing with Mats? Oh man, why didn't you tell me? I would have gone too. I love fishing. Pavol Demitra's in town today. He wanted to meet Mats - maybe we could set something up. Give me a call.....O.K.?"

Saturday "Damn answering machine again.... Yeah, J.P., Mike Gillis here. I've got Pavol Demitra with me. He wants to talk with Mats....here, I'll pass him the phone."

"Hi Mats, this is Pavol. Come to Vancouver. It's really nice. They got lots of money, the olympics and me, Pavol Demitra.........did I say that right Mike?"

"Yeah, yeah. Gimme the phone. Give us a call J.P. We got lots of money, the olympics, the Sedin twins, Mathias Ohlund and Pavol Demitra. Looking forward to hearing from you."

Sunday "J.P., you're there! No answering machine today. How's Mats.....still fishing? He signed with Montreal?!! But, but,.....we got Pavol Demitra.....the olympics. And Pavol Demitra...."

Old
07-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Did you see his reasoning for thinking that later in the thread? Basically the only reasoning Canucks fans seem to think of when it comes to Sundin and the Habs (well other than Price is too young and our defence sucks in their mind):

Ya, I'm not really too sure how the whole Hab/Leaf thing would affect Sundin's decision. If it does then I'm not really sure how committed to winning he is. Canuck fans can argue all they want but his best chance to win is with us (a big reason being the path to the SCF is a lot easier in the East).

And I agree AH, HFF plays his opinion off like an insider but I don't buy it. Sundin could certainly still sign in Vancouver but I don't really give HFF credit for anything.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Even then. I just don't let my guard down very easily anymore. I'm still not fully convinced Hamrlik is a Hab. We'll see I guess.
Whens the last time Gainey had a big impact player standing next to him?

Oh wait...we got Brisboise.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
n0pan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Monday "Hey J.P., Mike Gillis here. How's Mats? Still fishing, eh? Well, we got Pavol Demitra. Talk to you tomorrow...."

Tuesday "J.P., what's happening? Talk to Mats? Still fishing? Yeah, so am I.....tell him I said hello, aaaaaand, we got Pavol Demitra. Yeah."

Wednesday "J.P. old buddy, Mike here............Mike.......Mike Gillis? GM with the Vancouver Canucks.....remember? Vancouver? Where the Olympics will be held? Mats still fishing is he? Tell him I said hello, and I got lots of money. Lots of money. Did I tell you we signed Pavol Demitra?"

Thursday "J.P., J.P., J.P., how's it going today? Talk to Mats? Still fishing.....wow, fish must really be biting, eh? We've got Pavol Demitra, the Olympics, lots of money and better weather than Montreal. Markus Naslund? No, he's gone. Mats wouldn't like him anyway. Talk to you tomorrow."

Friday "J.P., how come I'm getting your answering machine today? Have you gone fishing with Mats? Oh man, why didn't you tell me? I would have gone too. I love fishing. Pavol Demitra's in town today. He wanted to meet Mats - maybe we could set something up. Give me a call.....O.K.?"

Saturday "Damn answering machine again.... Yeah, J.P., Mike Gillis here. I've got Pavol Demitra with me. He wants to talk with Mats....here, I'll pass him the phone."

"Hi Mats, this is Pavol. Come to Vancouver. It's really nice. They got lots of money, the olympics and me, Pavol Demitra.........did I say that right Mike?"

"Yeah, yeah. Gimme the phone. Give us a call J.P. We got lots of money, the olympics, the Sedin twins, Mathias Ohlund and Pavol Demitra. Looking forward to hearing from you."

Sunday "J.P., you're there! No answering machine today. How's Mats.....still fishing? He signed with Montreal?!! But, but,.....we got Pavol Demitra.....the olympics. And Pavol Demitra...."

Old
07-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Why doesn't that jackass come out and admit his 'source' was full of crap? He's looking exactly like Eklund right now just to save face.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
mcphee

Quote:

Joe, end all of this. He's fishing at Chris Simon's place in Wawa isn't he ?

Old
07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Joe, end all of this. He's fishing at Chris Simon's place in Wawa isn't he ?
From what I've heard, and I can't reveal my source, it's Mats Sundin, Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa all fishing with Chris right now.....stay tuned.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:44 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
From what I've heard, and I can't reveal my source, it's Mats Sundin, Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa all fishing with Chris right now.....stay tuned.
Not possible.....Elvis would never go to Europe without Colonel Parker by his side....and The Colonel is dead .

Old
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Fido22

Quote:

This is gold. Somebody, sticky this on the Canucks board.

Old
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
The latest report is that Sundin leaves his home every morning and goes fishing.

If he sees his shadow he will not retire.
If he catches anything he will sign with the Habs.
If he doesn't catch anything but sees his shadow he will sign with the Canucks.
If he doesn't see his shadow and doesn't catch anything then he will sign with the Leafs.
what if he catches a cold? a shoe? or finds a few kroners on the ground or in the water?

Old
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
StanleyCH25

I just heard from an unreliable source that the reason Mats hasn't signed with anyone yet is because he's recovering from a medical procedure where he now has to stay inactive until he grows some balls.

Stay tuned.. I hear there is more to come..

Old
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Turbo

Quote:

Nicely done!

Old
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:

Old
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
UWHabs

What I wonder is whether Gillis has had more conversations with Sundin or with the radio stations in Vancouver. Seems like it's their new daily show, "Gillis' Update on Sundin, every day at 9"

Old
07-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
What I wonder is whether Gillis has had more conversations with Sundin or with the radio stations in Vancouver. Seems like it's their new daily show, "Gillis' Update on Sundin, every day at 9"
On the opposite, I find it quite odd how the Montreal media (RDS and others) have been really low key on this Sundin thing. They've been low key on Tanguay, low key on Sundin. Weird.

But draft some americans......oh, oh, oh!

Old
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Habsaholic

!st let me say, this, I am not sure if Sundin will be a Hab. But to think he is gonna be a Canuck is almost laughable. He wont be going there, but he wont tell them that till he signs with someone else. Why? because its the best money offer, if he declines them now, then that gives leverage to other teams trying to sign him. I think there are 3-4 teams still in the running, but I can absolutely assure you, he wont be a Canuck That is directly out of a NHL head coaches mouth.

Old
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
AH

There you go, we have our own insider.

All hail Habsaholic.

Closed Thread