HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prague Information

Old
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Thanks dude. If this turns out to not be a scam, I'm booking tonight.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario Lemieux View Post
Thanks dude. If this turns out to not be a scam, I'm booking tonight.
Sweet! Split the savings on the flight with me as a finder's fee?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Sweet! Split the savings on the flight with me as a finder's fee?
Done.

Old
07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Scotty Hockey

Hey Moe! haha, three stooges. Sorry.
Thanks for the info. I also already have tix for the Swiss games - bought two standing room two-day passes (one extra just in case). And I may follow suit and take the same train.

Spoke to my rep today and she said that if you signed up on the Rangers website, they will likely contact you to see what you are interested in purchasing by way of package. As I said to her, I would gladly just say screw the package and take the Prague tickets. Having lunch with Ron Duguay really is meaningless considering the cost savings ... you know? But she mentioned that they should have a definitive idea of what they will do in two weeks so hold on ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 10:13 AM
rangermoe

Thanks Scotty Hockey! I shall wait. At least we have the reg schedule coming out today to keep me happy, HA!

rangermoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 08:06 AM
nyrmetros

The beer in Prague is supposed to be very good and cheap. Has that gone up as well?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
The beer in Prague is supposed to be very good and cheap. Has that gone up as well?
THe beer is AMAZING and still pretty cheap (well, as of a couple of years ago). The Czech Republic is the home Pilsner Urquell the original pilsner beer, and the model for most "light", hoppy beers.

Budvar/Budweiser, sold in the US under Czechvar, is one of the original lager style beers, and is the beer which Anheuser-Busch tried to recreate with Budweiser. After the spilt of Czechloslavakia, Budvar tried unsuccessfully to reclaim the Budweiser name out side the Czech republic. Btw, Budvar is awesome. I buy six packs at my local beer store.

There are tons of other beers that are very good, too.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 08:14 PM
rangermoe

hmmmm, are these the packages?

Wondering if anyone else found this and if these are the "official" Rangers packages to Prague. I noticed today that the blurb on the Rangers website about wanting more info to Prague wasn't there anymore and yet there was no new info posted, then just googled around later and this one popped up that I hadn't seen earlier ... here's the link.

http://www.sportstravel.com/nhl/ny-rangers.php

Curious if these are the MSG sanctioned ones or independent ones. Looks a little pricey, but within the range of what they mentioned, except land only is crazy! (though that hotel is the reason and it's very nice) What about just tickets!!! I would imagine if these were the official ones there would be a link from the Rangers site but hey, who knows.

Just curious if anyone else has better info. Thanks! (spoke to my rep late last week and no news then except that the packages were almost ready) We'll know soon enough I guess.

More importantly though, those of us heading out to the games in Switzerland and/or Prague, have we designated a drinking spot to meet up in? HA! Thought I'd throw it out there!

Old
08-14-2008, 10:55 PM
mti79

Wow... I was thinking about possibly looking into this, but since I just agreed to shell out 4K for a pair of seasons, there is no way I can swing this too... unless I win the lottery and since I don't play the lottery there is slim, none and no *** way I'll be in Prague to begin the season.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
rangermoe

Well the rest of my family and friends are NOT going to be thrilled with their Christmas and Birthday gifts the rest of this year, I plan on just giving them pictures of me in Prague, here I am spending the money I WOULD have used for your gift! Sadly I can't figure out how to fill my gas tank with those photos and still get it to go!

Old
08-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
I sooo wish I had money for this. I have been dying to go to Prague for years.

How long is the flight??

I dunno if I could be over the atlantic for that long. Go nuts lol

Have fun to all those attending, I am truly jealous! Maybe next year I'll remember to save some dam money...jeez

-Brian

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2008, 05:04 AM
Grind Line

Gutted i can't make these games. I'm in Stockholm at the time and couldn't get tickets tothe penguins games either. DOH!!!

Grind Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Synergy27

I just got an email from MSG about this:

http://msgnyc.com/viewmsg.cfm?n35043s8868c18514599t8893

$3,850 covers:

- Airfare
- 3 nights hotel
- 1 ticket to each game
- "Exclusive" access to practice
- A "Deluxe" gift bag
- Ground transportation in Prague

I just booked an 11 day trip to Germany, Netherlands and Belgium for about half that price. Hopefully I can catch the games on TV or something.

Old
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
nyrmetros

Think more than 100 NYC based NYR supporters take this offer?

Old
08-20-2008, 02:56 PM
rangermoe

I wonder if 100 will. I know I'll be there but I'm not forking over that sort of money for such a short trip. It worked out way cheaper for me to book on my own. The biggest expense I'm paying for are the actual tickets to the games. I'm heading to both Switzerland and Prague for a 10 day trip and it's costing me less than half of those packages, even the land only one. They better have the freakin Stanley Cup in those gift bags for it to be worth that! HA! Or at least a life size replica of it (then they'll get us with the extra baggage fee though, drat!)

Old
08-20-2008, 11:08 PM
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangermoe View Post
Ok, here is the info on the train, I myself am taking the train from Bern to Basel (it is just under an hour train ride) and then in Basel, taking the city night train to prague, leaving at 6:04pm on the 2nd of Oct (though it runs on the other weekdays too) arriving into Prague at 8:18am on the 3rd of Oct. you can go to http://www.raileurope.com/us/index.htm and book thru there for those of you who are interested.

Also, for the Switzerland games, which are not sold out to my knowledge, you can purchase them online at http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/c...toria-cup.html and you'll see the link for the tickets.

Hopefully this helps! If anyone has any other info I would greatly appreciate it. Anyone who might be going to either Switzerland and/or Prague, feel free to PM me.
I took that overnight train from Basel to Prague a couple years ago, and I tell you if it will be anything like my trip was then you're not going get much sleep. That was one loud screeching train and then we had Czech border guards who didnt speak any foreign languages hammering at our doors at 5am. BUT, you can buy cooled czech beer from the conductors, so it isnt all bad .

In case you havent already bought train tickets Id recommend to just take the train to Zürich and take the plane from there, swiss is an option (www.swiss.com). Its cheaper than the train, and alot more comfortable obviously.

nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2008, 04:11 PM
rangermoe

Thanks Nada! Thanks for the great info. Sadly I did already book the train and damn, those fares are cheaper, (and quicker) but you did brighten my day by mentioning the beer! I was already worried I'd get stuck in the bathroom and end up in Siberia before anyone noticed, now at least I'll be happily drunk stuck in there. HA! I shall bring the ear plugs because I am certain seat will be over the darn screeching wheels. ugh. (but again, more beer should fix that somewhat)

Old
08-22-2008, 11:45 AM
nyrmetros

so how many boards members are going on the trip ??

Old
08-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Blueshirt13

I'll be in Prague for the games.

Blueshirt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2008, 08:02 PM
rangermoe

me too!

Old
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM
nyrmetros

good on the both of ya!

Old
08-28-2008, 11:51 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Alright, has anyone actually found information on how much the actual individual tickets are, or when they will be available? This is a two game home and home, no?

I am an Oilers fan traveling through Europe, hockey starved... and I will make an exception to see some pro hockey (as in, not watching th Oilers ).

$85 for the Vic cup in Bern? Are these one or two games? Anyone know about the Lightning game in Berlin?

MUCHO THANKS

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
rangermoe

Here's the link for the arena in Berlin, looks like there are tickets left,
http://www.o2world.de/eventkalender/2008/09
I believe the Victoria cup would be about 85 bucks per game, though only the second day is the Victoria cup against the Russian team, first day is against the local Swiss team. I think there are tickets available to those at the Bern arena link, though PM me if interested, I have some extras for both days. I know the Prague games are sold out though more might become available, but those I know were pricey before black market prices, I think cheapest seat for Prague up in rafters was upwards of $100, ouch.

Old
08-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Scotty Hockey

Well, I bailed out for Prague. Rangers can't guarantee tix and the packages are just waaaaay too rich for my blood. I'll be in Bern tho, already have my tix for there ... Moe, where are you sitting? And if you find someone looking for tix, I have an extra as well, I bought a pair of standing rooms but it looks like it will be just me going ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
rangermoe

Scotty hockey! I thought I'd get to drink with you at both! LOL. I hear you though!
My Bern tickets are probably too close to the ice for a great view, I'm in the violet section just in front of the orange section P. I've got 4 extra seats for both matches so although your seats will likely be more fun, with actual hockey fans, and assuming that the zamboni isn't parked in front of my seats you are welcome down by the stuffed shirts! Though who knows, there could be a big old advert in front of my seats, as they were cheaper then the row behind me, HA!!!