HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs/Canes

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2004, 09:38 PM
  #126
BlueBlood17
Registered User
 
BlueBlood17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
So here are the updated standings in the East:

1. Toronto 78 - (61 GP)
2. Philly 78 - (62 GP)
3. Tampa Bay 73 - (59 GP)
4. Ottawa 77 - (60 GP)
5. Boston 77 - (61 GP)
6. New Jersey 72 - (59 GP)
7. NY Islanders 66 - (60 GP)
8. Montreal 66 - (61 GP)

BlueBlood17 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 09:43 PM
  #127
ATG
Registered User
 
ATG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country:
Posts: 9,552
vCash: 500
bad loss for the flyers they could have buried new jersey in 6th, 8 points back

ATG is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 09:52 PM
  #128
Mike1
Registered User
 
Mike1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Mississauga,Ontario
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Big thumbs up to Tellqvist. He was definitely the first star of that game & gave the Leafs a chance to win(something that is refreshing to see from a back-up).Crucial save on Staal in OT & what do you know just like the Pittsburgh game.Tellqvist makes a big save & the Leafs go down the other end & win the game. Tough break that he didn't get the SO but at least he can take positive's that he only got beat on a flukey goal.

Mike1 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 09:58 PM
  #129
Rand
Registered User
 
Rand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,429
vCash: 500
Well the defence was only marginally improved tonight on the Leafs were out hustled and outplayed all night.
Excellent game by Tellqvist, without him we would have lost.

A very nice rebound after his poor showing against Pittsburgh, and the best showing I've seen from a Leaf backup since Kidd's amazing game against Predators early this yr.

Tellqvist deserves to get the next start if Belfour isn't ready.

__________________
Welcome to Leafs Nation, leave your common sense at the door.
Rand is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 10:18 PM
  #130
bonjovi0308
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to bonjovi0308
Which team we playing against next?

bonjovi0308 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 10:20 PM
  #131
BlueBlood17
Registered User
 
BlueBlood17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Our historic rivals, the Montreal Canadiens are in Toronto on Saturday night, as part of Hockey Day in Canada on CBC.

BlueBlood17 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:57 PM
  #132
bonjovi0308
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to bonjovi0308
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood17
Our historic rivals, the Montreal Canadiens are in Toronto on Saturday night, as part of Hockey Day in Canada on CBC.
Oh Man, Telly should start again.

bonjovi0308 is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 12:14 AM
  #133
RiellyGood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
I had to work, can anyone tell me what the lines were? Who sat for Almo?

RiellyGood is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 12:24 AM
  #134
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberFan
I had to work, can anyone tell me what the lines were? Who sat for Almo?
Renberg---Sundin-----Nolan
Sky line
Reichel--Tucker--Domi
Fitz---Stajan----Mogilny

Out... Nathan Perrott

Mess is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 12:29 AM
  #135
BlueAndWhite
Registered User
 
BlueAndWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberFan
I had to work, can anyone tell me what the lines were? Who sat for Almo?
Roberts was out, so no one sat for Almo.

Nolan/Sundin/Renberg
Antro/Nieuwenydk/Poni
Tucker/Reichel/Domi
Stajan/Mogilny/Fitzgerald

BlueAndWhite is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 12:51 AM
  #136
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
Roberts was out, so no one sat for Almo.

Nolan/Sundin/Renberg
Antro/Nieuwenydk/Poni
Tucker/Reichel/Domi
Stajan/Mogilny/Fitzgerald
Did you not see my post right above yours .How are my lines any different??

.. and Roberts has been out for several games and Nathan Perrott sat out tonight for Mogilny...

Mess is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 01:07 AM
  #137
thrill_me_mogilny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Serbia
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
I fell asleep during most of the 2nd. I find it sad that the Leafs were still having D probs and puck handling probs against the Canes.

But hey, I'm not scoffing at 2 points when OTT, NJ, and PHI lost ground.

thrill_me_mogilny is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 01:13 AM
  #138
BlueAndWhite
Registered User
 
BlueAndWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Did you not see my post right above yours .How are my lines any different??

.. and Roberts has been out for several games and Nathan Perrott sat out tonight for Mogilny...
1.) I was wrong on Perrott being scratched, though I don't consider him a significant addition/subtraction.

2.) Are you always this much an ### over practically nothing ? Who cares if we posted the same lines, I wasn't trying to correct you. Maybe, just maybe - I saw CaberFan's post at nearly the same time you did, and we both replied at roughly the same time. Look at the time difference, just 5 minutes....

BlueAndWhite is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 02:24 AM
  #139
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
1.) I was wrong on Perrott being scratched, though I don't consider him a significant addition/subtraction.

2.) Are you always this much an ### over practically nothing ? Who cares if we posted the same lines, I wasn't trying to correct you. Maybe, just maybe - I saw CaberFan's post at nearly the same time you did, and we both replied at roughly the same time. Look at the time difference, just 5 minutes....
Are you always so SLOW....

First he asked who was scratched to make room for Mogilny and you brilliant answer NO ONE ... Which makes ZERO SENSE ... Of Course and then when you realize you are wrong you claim that Perrott him a significant/subtraction ...very much like I considered you duplicate post BTW..

What compelled you to answer the question a mere 5 minutes after it was already answered, and then get it wrong on top of that... Either you are the slowest typer on the board or I must have missed the place where CaberFan was looking for a second opinion ....

Mess is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 03:00 AM
  #140
BlueAndWhite
Registered User
 
BlueAndWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Are you always so SLOW....

First he asked who was scratched to make room for Mogilny and you brilliant answer NO ONE ... Which makes ZERO SENSE ... Of Course and then when you realize you are wrong you claim that Perrott him a significant/subtraction ...very much like I considered you duplicate post BTW..

What compelled you to answer the question a mere 5 minutes after it was already answered, and then get it wrong on top of that... Either you are the slowest typer on the board or I must have missed the place where CaberFan was looking for a second opinion ....
You have the biggest inferiority complex on this board, bar none (in terms of posts/threads/posters).

When I hit "reply" to CaberFan's post, there were no REPLIES at the time. The reason my reply ended up being 5 minutes later than yours was because it took me longer to finish my POST (because I was not only on this site, but doing school work and talking to MSN). I did not see your post until AFTER I had hit "submit reply".

Of course, you'd fail to think of that, because in your eyes, I would want to duplicate your post for some ungoldy reason.

I still remember the time in a gameday thread after a Leafs win (during their 16 game point streak) - I simply stated (pharaphrased) -

"The Leafs are in first place, but teams like Colorado, St. Louis and Philadelphia have games in hand are, and could end up in first place. St. Louis in particular are right behind the Leafs and they have multiple games in hand. The Blues are playing amazing hockey."

What was your brilliant reply to my post ?

"What was the point of that useless post ? Did you not see the Leafs win yet another fantastic game. This team team has come so far from early on in the season when they had such difficult times."

You went to imply that I was being negative and pessimisstic when I did not mention the Leafs play AT ALL and then of course came your gem;

"Why don't you go cheer for the St. Louis Blues. Maybe you should change your name and take your blues pom-poms back to St. Louis message board"

I tend told you to make sure that from now, you would persecute every other board member that ever uttered a good word about any opposing player or an opposing team - and brand them a traitor like you did me.


Of course this is all paraphrased but I'm sure I captured the most out of your drivel.

BTW - I WAS WRONG on Perrott. I mistook the fact that this was not the first game Roberts was injured, and therefore someone who played against the Bruins would have to be scratched.

I was man enough to admit when I was wrong, an art you have yet to master.

I'll stand by my assertion that you are definitely the most pompous, self-righteous long-time poster on this board - with you CONSTANT CAPS LOCK, and BOLD, and completely condescending essay answers.

Only you would get upset if someone else posted the same thing as you, even if it was by accident..


Last edited by BlueAndWhite: 02-20-2004 at 03:09 AM.
BlueAndWhite is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 10:54 AM
  #141
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
You have the biggest inferiority complex on this board, bar none (in terms of posts/threads/posters).

When I hit "reply" to CaberFan's post, there were no REPLIES at the time. The reason my reply ended up being 5 minutes later than yours was because it took me longer to finish my POST (because I was not only on this site, but doing school work and talking to MSN). I did not see your post until AFTER I had hit "submit reply"...
Settle down Felix....

I didn't even read all the crap you posted ... There is no need ... I just pointed out that you made the exact same post as mine ...

You could have responded with Oops !!! like many would have or just deleted it ... Without coming out with guns a blazing .. Name calling and making excuses...

...but we continue to get some song and dance of you studding, and chatting and responding on a MSN .. ....You probably also have the Flu, where practicing your Disco moves, finishing off some needle point, washing your dog and sorting your GI JOE's in order as well, ... and other excuses you care to add..

It wasn't even a big deal, get thicker skin and GROW UP.. .. ... and just because you are a slow poster I don't want to come back to this thread again and see what others posters have contributed as positive input and find you are now reporting that ..

Leafs have signed Belfour as a replacement to the departed Cujo..... because that has already been reported ..Just in case you hit reply and have been busy for the past 2 years with all your other Hobbies and excuses...

Mess is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 11:04 AM
  #142
RiellyGood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Thanks guys :p

RiellyGood is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 11:16 AM
  #143
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberFan
Thanks guys :p
Were you able to sort through all that and get your answer ..

Mess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.