HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Koivu clearly unhappy since the start of the yr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2004, 11:15 AM
  #1
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Koivu clearly unhappy since the start of the yr

I dont know about anyone else but i have been a habs fan for close to 30 yrs and i have watched them closely all that time...I have noticed from the start of the year that capt koivu has not looked happy at all from day 1....and after yesterdays lil nothing it just goes to say that things aint getting better...so i ask...why the hell do we keep him? we can get something decent for him ...I know that alot of you still have a place for him there because of the whole cancer thing but i beleive it is time to move on and get someone with some size....and by the way...keep ribeiro cuz he is the closest thing to character that this boring team has!now my next question is....what or who can we get?????

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:17 AM
  #2
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
He should ask for a trade.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
  #3
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
Koivu clearly unhappy since the start of the yr
Define "clearly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
keep ribeiro cuz he is the closest thing to character that this boring team has!
Define "character"

Munchausen is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:27 AM
  #4
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Define "clearly"



Define "character"
I can define it and spell it like this...ROENICK!

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:28 AM
  #5
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
this is without a doubt the worst thread ive come in contact with.

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
  #6
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,852
vCash: 500
Maybe not right away, but eventually Bob Gainey is going to replace him with someone with size, whether through the draft or through a trade, and he knows it. There aren't a lot of contenders going the distance with a #1 center under six feet, and that's the way it's always been. I'm not sure that is something he will address this season or next, however. That kind of move could take time.

The timing for a Koivu deal isn't right, I think. This is a tough time to trade him for his highest value. I was hoping they'd shop him last season when his production was up and his health holding, but oh well. Gainey is doing a solid job of building the team through the draft and Montreal fans have another one or two years of patient waiting for that to bear fruit.


Last edited by Drake1588: 02-19-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Drake1588 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 11:32 AM
  #7
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
this is without a doubt the worst thread ive come in contact with.
JUST BE HAPPY I DIDNT MENTION GAUTHIER

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 12:33 PM
  #8
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
Maybe not right away, but eventually Bob Gainey is going to replace him with someone with size, whether through the draft or through a trade, and he knows it. There aren't a lot of contenders going the distance with a #1 center under six feet, and that's the way it's always been. I'm not sure that is something he will address this season or next, however. That kind of move could take time.

The timing for a Koivu deal isn't right, I think. This is a tough time to trade him for his highest value. I was hoping they'd shop him last season when his production was up and his health holding, but oh well. Gainey is doing a solid job of building the team through the draft and Montreal fans have another one or two years of patient waiting for that to bear fruit.
I think Koivu will be replaced as a number 1 center, but I think it will be with drafted players. One of them will just outplay Koivu, and Koivu will be pushed down to center #2

jacklours is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 01:17 PM
  #9
TwineSniper
Registered User
 
TwineSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
*sigh*

unless you have personal contact with the team, how can you know how Koivu feels?

Is it from what you see on RDS, or SRC, etc? Because we all know that what the media portrays is 100% honest.

Isn't there a Statute of Limitations on the Koivu bashing? (seemingly only happens when we lose more than 2 in a row)

TwineSniper is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
  #10
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
I dont know about anyone else but i have been a habs fan for close to 30 yrs and i have watched them closely all that time...I have noticed from the start of the year that capt koivu has not looked happy at all from day 1....and after yesterdays lil nothing it just goes to say that things aint getting better...so i ask...why the hell do we keep him? we can get something decent for him ...I know that alot of you still have a place for him there because of the whole cancer thing but i beleive it is time to move on and get someone with some size....and by the way...keep ribeiro cuz he is the closest thing to character that this boring team has!now my next question is....what or who can we get?????
Oh god, you're going to be critisize

Cariboux is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 03:03 PM
  #11
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
Oh god, you're going to be critisize
And rightfully so!

Kirk Muller is online now  
Old
02-19-2004, 04:51 PM
  #12
Garnet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Koivu

I wouldn't say Koivu is happy and you can see it in his presents on the ice. Usually a happy guy who smiles and show expressions on the ice hasn't this year. The french media has been all over the guy too. He's one year away of UFA and who here thinks he's going to stay?? I sure don't and I don't blame him. The team has been bad for almost his whole career but he never complained! Koivu is defintely not getting the respect he deserves. If BG was smart he would move him and try to get full value. I see how Montreal drives players out of the town and I hope if Koivu is traded he goes on to win the cup!!

Garnet is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 04:55 PM
  #13
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
this is without a doubt the worst thread ive come in contact with.
You're lucky.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 04:58 PM
  #14
Skylab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
I can define it and spell it like this...ROENICK!
I understand that you mean that Roenick epitomizes what you meant by character, but you've lost me when you say that Roenick clarifies what you meant by the statement that Koivu "clearly" wants out of Montreal...

Skylab is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 04:59 PM
  #15
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
i sure hope to god he doesnt get traded but if he does im gonna have to find a saks poster with him in a habs jersey to add to my collection of players i loved with the team who get traded
so far i have a roy and recchi posters and i still love those guys and ive always wanted a saku poster.. but yeah.. oh and another thing.. why is this thread in the trade forum and not the other one? lol i never did get that lol... as far as trading him.. i really doubt BG will but the value going back would have to be definate "BG players" to make it worthwhile (not that saku isnt one but hes smallish)..

sandman08 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 05:07 PM
  #16
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
I have noticed from the start of the year that capt koivu has not looked happy at all from day 1....and after yesterdays lil nothing it just goes to say that things aint getting better...so i ask...why the hell do we keep him?
I think the habs have kept him because he has resigned very quickly during his stay with Montreal and is one of the only players on the roster with significant talent. He's made reasonable bucks in his career and is popular with the fan (although this is less true these days).

I don't think the Habs are on the right path with two smallish centers and a bunch of crappy players surrounding them but at the same time, I don't see how he helped the cause with this. Picking up fights in practices won't help Gainey's job.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 05:20 PM
  #17
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,506
vCash: 500
You have to look at the big picture. Two weeks from now Montreal will be winning a couple of games in a row, Koivu will have scored a goal recently and he won't have been in a fight in a while. Something else will come up and that is what the media will be filling their front pages with.

The only reason Koivu is being bashed is because people are frustrated that the team is losing and there is nothing other than the "fight" to talk about. Plus it's easy to pick on the captain when things aren't well and this is nothing new in Montreal. When Roy was once slumping, the french picked on Keane; Habs got booted in the 1st round so Turgeon was to blame; Houle messed up the team so Damphousse had to go.

The difference between yesterday and today is that Gainey is running the team, not Houle, and he won't be told what to do by bored media people and panicking fans.

not quite yoda is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 05:28 PM
  #18
Malefic74
Registered User
 
Malefic74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Halfway between Nothing and Not Much Else
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Based on the moves that have happened already Saku's value is nowhere near as high as many think. Look how little Bondra and Sullivan returned. Saku demanding a trade will diminish his value even further (see Comrie, Mike) as suddenly every GM in the league knows he can be had at less than market value.

I really doubt that he will be moved, and it would have to be earth-shattering to pull the trigger. If the team was winning or it was busier news week we never would have heard the story. RDS and the french-press are playing this up for ratings and to sell newspapers, respectively. Garbage journalism.

Malefic74 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 05:45 PM
  #19
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
I dont know about anyone else but i have been a habs fan for close to 30 yrs and i have watched them closely all that time...I have noticed from the start of the year that capt koivu has not looked happy at all from day 1....and after yesterdays lil nothing it just goes to say that things aint getting better...
Fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588
Maybe not right away, but eventually Bob Gainey is going to replace him with someone with size, whether through the draft or through a trade, and he knows it. There aren't a lot of contenders going the distance with a #1 center under six feet, and that's the way it's always been. I'm not sure that is something he will address this season or next, however. That kind of move could take time.
More fiction.

Tell me who last year's top two teams' first line centers were? Adam Oates and Scott Gomez/John Madden. None of those centers are behemoths. NJ are perennial contenders who haven't had a big body presence down the middle play a large role since Holik. How desperate are they to fulfill the "need" for a big bodied center? So desperate that they've drafted Petr Vrana, Parise and Foster in recent years -- all of which are undersized.


Last edited by Mike8: 02-19-2004 at 05:49 PM.
Mike8 is offline  
Old
02-19-2004, 05:45 PM
  #20
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
You have to look at the big picture. Two weeks from now Montreal will be winning a couple of games in a row, Koivu will have scored a goal recently and he won't have been in a fight in a while. Something else will come up and that is what the media will be filling their front pages with.

The only reason Koivu is being bashed is because people are frustrated that the team is losing and there is nothing other than the "fight" to talk about. Plus it's easy to pick on the captain when things aren't well and this is nothing new in Montreal. When Roy was once slumping, the french picked on Keane; Habs got booted in the 1st round so Turgeon was to blame; Houle messed up the team so Damphousse had to go.

The difference between yesterday and today is that Gainey is running the team, not Houle, and he won't be told what to do by bored media people and panicking fans.

The team slumping isn't the only reason people are bashing Koivu. Its amazing the garbage people spew out about him based on an article from one of the french press from their "unnamed source close to the team" about Koivu's bad attitude.

Sadly, Montreal fans have a large portion of fools who will believe anything the media says, from Ribeiro is a hockey God to Theodore deserved the Molson Cup last year. Also, many still hate him for not learning French ( I don't know how true it is or whether he is just uncomfortable with it), and also Ribeiro's 50 games have now made him the poster child in Montreal and hab fans can't see that its a good thing to have to strong offensive centres, and always make it a Koivu is jealous of Ribeiro.

The fact is, there are a lot of sad and pathetic reasons people bash Koivu that are not winning related nor even hockey related.

Kirk Muller is online now  
Old
02-20-2004, 11:07 AM
  #21
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab
I understand that you mean that Roenick epitomizes what you meant by character, but you've lost me when you say that Roenick clarifies what you meant by the statement that Koivu "clearly" wants out of Montreal...
srry dude but i never said he wants out...just said he is clearly unhappy...if u have watched him for a s long as i have..he has never been so damn unenthusiastic as he does this year...even the yr he came back after his illness he looked like he was having fun...he just doesnt look like he is having fun at all and to have a chance and go anywhere in this league you have to have alot of team chemistry and with the few skirmishes in practice this year i think the habs are lacking it a little...this is jus imo

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 11:09 AM
  #22
rudethedude66
Registered User
 
rudethedude66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MONTREAL/LONDON
Country: Canada
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
The team slumping isn't the only reason people are bashing Koivu. Its amazing the garbage people spew out about him based on an article from one of the french press from their "unnamed source close to the team" about Koivu's bad attitude.

Sadly, Montreal fans have a large portion of fools who will believe anything the media says, from Ribeiro is a hockey God to Theodore deserved the Molson Cup last year. Also, many still hate him for not learning French ( I don't know how true it is or whether he is just uncomfortable with it), and also Ribeiro's 50 games have now made him the poster child in Montreal and hab fans can't see that its a good thing to have to strong offensive centres, and always make it a Koivu is jealous of Ribeiro.

The fact is, there are a lot of sad and pathetic reasons people bash Koivu that are not winning related nor even hockey related.
well if anyone read my whole statement i never once "bashed"koivu..i only said he looked unhappy and is not having fun

rudethedude66 is offline  
Old
02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
  #23
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
well if anyone read my whole statement i never once "bashed"koivu..i only said he looked unhappy and is not having fun

Did I ever say you bashed Koivu? Read from the context of what I quoted.

Kirk Muller is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.